Eternal Champions Challenge From the Dark Side sprites

Glisp

Today I ripped Stone Monkey Temple:

Posted Image

You can find more sprites that were ripped a while back by me and others here:

http://spriters-reso...ftds/index.html

If anybody plans on using Raven Gindar for a project (she's on spriters' resource) here are the Voodoo dolls for all the secret characters and both Eternals (Maxim forgot to rip them):

Posted Image

Also, a friend of mine ripped these. These are the Challenge from the Dark Side exclusive sprites for Xavier Pendragon:

Posted Image

The sprites include his Dragon Bite attack and his Vendetta animation. (his finisher.)

I also have an incomplete set of Johnathan Blade sprites. It's just his Vendetta:

Posted Image

Most likely I'll work on the Xavier and Blade sheets in the future and actually finish them. I also have an unfinished Riptide sprite sheet that I haven't uploaded and need to finish as well.

The water's still actually. There is no movement. You can even see that in this video of the actual game's stage. If you look carefully at the shadows on the ground for the structure, you'll see the shadow's angle change depending upon the direction of the stage as well:

The scrolling shadow effect was very hard to properly screen capture so I just made it look as neutral as possible. (it's the first fight in the video btw. Ignore the preview image, it's for a different level and fight in the video.)

• 2 weeks later...

haha i got bored & this is total Crap But i made an Edited Stage using Those Rips

heres the pics

in Action

Posted Image

& Total Stage

Posted Image

if anyone wants it, just say so and ill put it up for DL..... but unless its asked for itll stay lost in my test mugen

• 1 month later...

It's a shame that a lot of the characters don't have any sprite sheets made for them I can't even find sprites for Shadow yamoto, nor the Senator sadly I guess if I want sprites for them I'll have to rip them myself lol.

• 3 months later...

The main issue is a lot of retards in the MUGEN community are like EWWWWW UGLY SPRITES. That's why not many EC chars have been made.

they should relize this is not ps2 ps3 xbox or xbox 360 this is from the sega cd game it was never ported to any other system the first one was on sega gen but not this one so yeah back then they didnt have any other way to rip and i for one dont think there ugly but then again iam not all about the looks and also is one of the reasons why so many video games are going under its all about the looks not the gameplay sigh people well never learn

Unfortunately, a majority of the MUGEN community members are spoiled by the flashy Capcom, Mortal Kombat, and SNK sprites. Apparently, Ryon doesn't like the sprites either, even though their about as "ugly" (and I'm using that sarcastically since I don't think they are ugly at all) as the Streets of Rage 3/Bare Knuckle III sprites. No disrespect to Ryon of course you understand.

I don't think they look so bad although the choice of colors for the palettes could have been better to be honest. One thing I hate though is sprites that don't always match in a characters sprite set. SSF2 turbo is guilty of this just take a look at Blanka's dash sprites they look more like Alpha/Zero Blanka recolored then they do his SF2 self. I also hate the SSF2 portraits for the same reason.

And now a new character sheet joins your collection of spritesheets for this game:

Posted Image

This is Thanatos. And yes, before you say anything, the creators did ripoff Xavier's sprites to make his. (kinda like Senator's an edit of Larcen's sprites.)

I've been working on these badboys for most of the weekend. Laharl's making a special version of Thanatos for you guys to play asin MUGEN but feel free to make your own version if you so wish as well. Stay tuned for details. ;)

As for my next spritesheet, it will probably be riptide.

Eventually, yes I will. Though someone has actually already ripped Hooter and Raven, so I don't need to rip those thankfully outside of a few extra sprites that Raven has (which I posted in the first post.) I also don't have to rip Washington DC, Abu Sembel Temple, and Belgrave Square labs because somebody took care of those as well. I also have several partials as well for other sheets I've got on hold. Some of those are shown above. Crispy is also scheduled for a rerip to remove his shadows.