Rainbow Dash RockRage8962's edits UPDATED again bug fixes

RockRage8962

No offense, but this character needs a LOT of work. It's animations seem very static, which with limited sprites can't be helped much. It lacks any special moves except its headbutt, and it's headbutt is assigned to a button instead of a combination. The special effects are awful, where Rainbow turns into Twilight and Twilight shoots out... ...I don't even know. It was just a purple shape to me. Another problem is Rainbow's ability to attack before the match starts. That's never a good sign. I also noticed the voice clips have not been compressed. ...While I am unsure how this happens, I notice some characters are relatively larger in filesize than others. For example, I downloaded a character that was 21 MB, but it had zero moves and no special effects. This suggests that the extra baggage comes from uncompressed sound files. There are other characters with a LOT of sounds, but they are a LOT smaller. For example, ^o^'s Adon/Fei Long/Thunder Hawk/Balrog are smaller in file-size than Fido's version of those characters, but they have more soundclips. (^o^'s characters are usually around 5 MB.) I'm unsure how the process goes, but that's what I'm guessing that most characters use compressed soundclips and the ones that don't jack up file-size. Over all, I know I might be sounding harsh with this review, but the character needs a LOT of work. I hope you're not offended by the review.

No offense, but this character needs a LOT of work. It's animations seem very static, which with limited sprites can't be helped much. It lacks any special moves except its headbutt, and it's headbutt is assigned to a button instead of a combination. The special effects are awful, where Rainbow turns into Twilight and Twilight shoots out... ...I don't even know. It was just a purple shape to me. Another problem is Rainbow's ability to attack before the match starts. That's never a good sign. I also noticed the voice clips have not been compressed. ...While I am unsure how this happens, I notice some characters are relatively larger in filesize than others. For example, I downloaded a character that was 21 MB, but it had zero moves and no special effects. This suggests that the extra baggage comes from uncompressed sound files. There are other characters with a LOT of sounds, but they are a LOT smaller. For example, ^o^'s Adon/Fei Long/Thunder Hawk/Balrog are smaller in file-size than Fido's version of those characters, but they have a LOT more soundclips. (^o^'s characters are usually around 5 MB.) I'm unsure how the process goes, but that's what I'm guessing that most characters use compressed soundclips and the ones that don't jack up file-size.

Over all, I know I might be sounding harsh with this review, but the character needs a LOT of work. I hope you're not offended by the review.

She does have special moves the sonic rainboom and derpy hooves and they are assigned to combos also her sprites were ripped from pony creator on deviantart. also here's another thing to remember: i'm still pretty much a beginner so what would you expect? One more thing: How do you even compress sounds?

I think you need a program that converts WAVs to MP3 files, but I'm not sure MP3 files are useable in a MUGEN character. You'll have to ask someone else who is a bigger expert at how MUGEN characters work. Also, I don't remember the Sonic Rainboom or Derpy Hooves attacks. Is "Derpy hooves" the one where she has shoes on? Cause that only works if you're close to the enemy.

I think you need a program that converts WAVs to MP3 files, but I'm not sure MP3 files are useable in a MUGEN character. You'll have to ask someone else who is a bigger expert at how MUGEN characters work.

Also, I don't remember the Sonic Rainboom or Derpy Hooves attacks. Is "Derpy hooves" the one where she has shoes on? Cause that only works if you're close to the enemy.

No .Mp3s are not usable only .wavs are accepted. also I added in the Sonic Rainboom and Derpy Hooves. Also you see my icon? That's Derpy Hooves. She's a cross-eyed Pegasus Pony who is a klutz.

I think you need a program that converts WAVs to MP3 files, but I'm not sure MP3 files are useable in a MUGEN character. You'll have to ask someone else who is a bigger expert at how MUGEN characters work.

Also, I don't remember the Sonic Rainboom or Derpy Hooves attacks. Is "Derpy hooves" the one where she has shoes on? Cause that only works if you're close to the enemy.

I'll upload a video demonstrating the new attacks I have added in.

No .Mp3s are not usable only .wavs are accepted. also I added in the Sonic Rainboom and Derpy Hooves. Also you see my icon? That's Derpy Hooves. She's a cross-eyed Pegasus Pony who is a klutz.

Sorry. I don't really watch My Little Pony very often, but I can definitely see its appeal. (In other words, I do kind of like it.)

Another problem I would like to bring up is the Fluttershy summon, which is RETARDEDLY overpowered. Both the TwilightSparkle and DerpyHooves summons take off, oh say, a 16th, maybe 12th of the opponents life. The Fluttershy summon is practically an insta-kill attack. To make matter's worse, the Fluttershy summon attacks the ENTIRE screen, while the Derpyhooves and TwilightSparkle summon have much shorter range. Also, why is DerpyHooves so small? I do kind of laugh every time I hear "I just don't know what went wrong," though. Perhaps I could help with the sprite-work. I have a cartoon program that can rotate sprites and do other things. With a little dissecting of the sprites, I could possibly make them look better and more fluid. Keep in mind though that I am still a beginner with the program, so don't expect top quality work.

Another problem I would like to bring up is the Fluttershy summon, which is RETARDEDLY overpowered. Both the TwilightSparkle and DerpyHooves summons take off, oh say, a 16th, maybe 12th of the opponents life. The Fluttershy summon is practically an insta-kill attack. To make matter's worse, the Fluttershy summon attacks the ENTIRE screen, while the Derpyhooves and TwilightSparkle summon have much shorter range. Also, why is DerpyHooves so small?

I do kind of laugh every time I hear "I just don't know what went wrong," though.

Perhaps I could help with the sprite-work. I have a cartoon program that can rotate sprites and do other things. With a little dissecting of the sprites, I could possibly make them look better and more fluid. Keep in mind though that I am still a beginner with the program, so don't expect top quality work.

I know. I am having creators block and i'm stuck with trying to find a suitable replacment for the fluttershy hyper. Also the reason why Derpy is so small is because her sprites are from Desktop Ponies which are really small considering. Also the Fluttershy summon can be avoided if the character can get behind her since it doesn't attack there but I agree it's pretty cheap. Also the sprites from Rainbow Dash are from this game called pony creator on DeviantArt and thse can be rotated within the program. but the real problem is erasing the background which makes the sprites look bad when erased without proper editing first. Sorry she's such a trainwreck.

You kind of mentioned the Pony creator bit.

I could probably help you find special effects as well as the sprite twisting, but I have no knowledge of coding, so I'm pretty much worse at making MUGEN characters.

Well if you want to help you can! I was sort of looking for help with her anyway. XP

Then how did you even make edits if you know nothing about MUGEN coding?

I found a note document from a mugen creator on youtube and borrowed it. He put it there so people could use it. Also edits doesn't just mean coding it also means sprites sounds and alot of other things. I probably should have said I don't know alot of coding but I know a bit.

Well... http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/gs2/ Spriters Resource has some effects from Golden Sun worth checking out. I could just imagine the Nirvana Effect coming out of Twilight's horn instead of a poorly drawn box. Although I will say that some of these effects are cut off, the Nirvana effect especially. ...That's not to say it still can't be used, though.

Well...

http://www.spriters-...oy_advance/gs2/

Spriters Resource has some effects from Golden Sun worth checking out. I could just imagine the Nirvana Effect coming out of Twilight's horn instead of a poorly drawn box. Although I will say that some of these effects are cut off, the Nirvana effect especially. ...That's not to say it still can't be used, though.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Made any good updates lately?

Not really. Iv'e been revamping my Twilight Sparkle character with new sprites and improved animations. I plan to do the same to Rainbow Dash but I have to rip and clean up her sprites first. I found a sprite sheet for her a while back and i'm going to put it to the test!

• 2 weeks later...