Dank Lord Ganondorf, Spellcutie and Neku released by Brergrsart (01-23-18)

HelloMyNameIsAAA

Oh baby a triple ! Oh yeah !

nEWWyOj.png

9CICCyy.png

(Commentary)

Dank Lord Ganondorf:

This version of Ganondorf was a request made by a friend of mine a very long time ago. I only got to him recently because I finally found a set of Ganondorf sprites I could use for it.

This Ganondorf is a hybrid mix of his Smash Bros. moveset, a traditional 2D Fighting Game control scheme, and m e m e s (I hope that' what you're here for). I tried my best to incorporate my usual style of characters into the slow-but-powerful playstyle of Ganondorf, and also try to put the feeling of raw power into landing his moves. There is also an assist trophy mechanic that allows you to summon an assist at random, which ranges from kind of useful to "Oh lord this was a stupid idea why did I code this it's beautiful."

Not much else to say about Dank Lord Ganondorf but "download him and see for yourself. Move list is here.

Spellcutie:

I made Ingrid after seeing a character on SpriteClub with a clunky element fusion mechanic. It involved some complicated stuff like leveling up an element by using the attack it represents more and I thought it would be cool to design an entire character around that mechanic, but keep it simpler. So I designed Spellcutie to function similarly to Ed from Street Fighter V where instead of the standard inputs, you would only need to press certain buttons together to perform a special move. With this, I created a system not too different from Magicka (a game which I unfortunately haven't gotten around to playing yet) where you mix elements together to make new attacks.

There are six elements that Spellcutie utilizes in her attacks, Fire, Water, Lightning, Earth, Wind and Metal. Each of them are assigned to a button. By combining two elements together (ie pressing two buttons at once), a new spell is formed. There are a few fun features for Spellcutie involve elements interacting, such as water boosting the power of lightning moves, or metal spells being affected by magnetism to name a few. Try out all sorts of different combinations of spells and see what cool things happen! The movelist is here.

Neku:

That's right. His name is just Neku. Not this "Ridiculous Dank" shit. Just plain-ass normal every day, no question about it, no "Flock of," no "clown," not named after a trading card, not named after a meme, not named after the character's defining gimmick. No long names, seemingly unrelated names, punctuation. Simple, ordinary, unembellished, unmistakable, crystal clear, as frank as Frank West, as blunt as a Snowwolf OHKO. One word, it's mother fucking, God damn, sons of bitchin' fuck, fuck, fuckin', Neku.

...aaaand it's one of the first characters I ever started in my MUGEN career. After I created Spin To, I wanted to create a character I wanted to see in MUGEN since I first touched MUGEN (which was many years ago, before I even made Santos). In other words this is one of my earlier works, so you won't see much memery here. I wanted to make him source accurate to The World Ends With You, but also wanted him to have a control scheme that still resembled a traditional fighting game (Sort of like if Neku somehow was put into a Vs Capcom game). I started this project on September 12th, 2015, and through several periods of on and off development, I had to stop due to lack of sprites until a few weeks ago, where I found the rest of the sprites I needed to realize this "dream" of mine. His attacks are all various pins he uses in the game, and he has an assist system that calls on one of his three partners. He only has one super, his "Fusion" attack, but based on the button input and the amount of meter you have, it can become one of ten attacks. The move list is here.

(Try using Joshua's Lvl 3 Fusion on a Final Fantasy VII Character like Cloud because I couldn't resist putting at least one joke in this character)

(Links)

Dank Lord Ganondorf: Here (Reduced sff patch here

Spellcutie: Here

Neku: Here