coding question:

DontVirusMeBRO!!T_T

Question

coding question:

I see that some attacks IGNORE BLOCK and went straight to hitting the enemy, I want to know how to change a regular blockable attack into a not regular unblockable attack!!! what codes are specifically in the attack def which makes it blockable and unblockable? for example, Saitama's attack ignore's block, so I want to know how to change blockable attacks to unblockable ones for the other characters. :meme1:

2 answers to this question

To make a MUGEN character's attack unblockable/unguardable, there are a number of MUGEN ways:

Some normal MUGEN ways:
- use the MUGEN State Controller type = HitDef with guardflag = , in your MUGEN character's attack state(s)
- use the MUGEN State Controller type = AssertSpecial with flag = unguardable, in your MUGEN character's attack state(s)

Some abnormal MUGEN ways:
- make use of a weird MUGEN engine bug => add a red hurt box to the very 1st first frame of your MUGEN character's attack animation

Action like this:
  ; Stand Light Punch of Kung Fu Man
  [Begin Action 200]
  Clsn1: 1                               ;;; add this red hurt box to the very 1st first frame
  Clsn1[0] =  16,-80, 61,-71  ;;; add this red hurt box to the very 1st first frame
  Clsn2Default: 2
  Clsn2[0] = -10,  0, 19,-80
  Clsn2[1] =   0,-94, 12,-80
  200,0, 0,0, 2
  then in your MUGEN character performs the above example Stand Light Punch use the MUGEN State Controller type = HitDef with  

MUGEN Trigger like trigger1 = Time <= 0, just make sure it tries to attack your MUGEN opponent right in the beginning of its Stand

Light Punch attack Statedef 200
  I think this way has the same principle of a throw but it works with a normal blockable/guardable attack setup
- give an id = 200 to your MUGEN character's Stand Light Punch attack's Statedef 200 HitDef, then use the MUGEN State type =

TargetState with MUGEN Triggers such as: triggerall = NumTarget(200) and trigger1 = MoveGuarded or Target, StateNo = [120,155]

and value = 50000 then make a MUGEN Custom Statedef 50000 for your MUGEN opponent, in that state you can try to use MUGEN

State Controllers like type = LifeAdd to simulate a getting-hit MUGEN opponent.......afterwards use the MUGEN State Controller type =

SelfState to send your MUGEN opponent back to his/her/its get-hit states like Statedef 5000......
  and you need to take extra of damage dampener and hit/guard sound and hit/guard spark for your MUGEN character's attack.....
  Well like I just mentioned this is some abnormal MUGEN way...very tedious too....might be useful only in some special situations....

Even some more weird MUGEN ways that involve making use of the MUGEN State Controller type = ReversalDef bug ("forever MUGEN Targeting") and some MUGEN Helper and MUGEN Projectile and MUGEN NULLs and MUGEN Trigger Redirections.........you can find some in those "fiercely fearsome above-god type" MUGEN characters.........

There should be some more other MUGEN ways to do this "how to make a MUGEN character's attack unblockable/unguardable", I think some advanced MUGEN creators/authors may know how..........