Holiday Presents for the Forum

RobotMonkeyHead

Holiday Presents for the Forum

HOLIDAY PRESENTS FOR THE FORUM!!!

:onion_yay_by_7anime7drawer7:
This year, behind the scenes, I've been preparing a few special surprises for the forum :)
  I'm not giving any clues, no hints, no "sneak peaks" nada!   I'll just say I think they're going to kick the site up a little bit,
and I reeeallly hope you like em!  There are 4 presents total, and a stocking stuffer that's not shown here,
aaand here's the dates we'll tear the paper off these shiny new toys!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ December 8th ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bodhi Day:  the presence of the presents is revealed...

~ December 21st ~
Winter Solstice,  Soyal,  Yalda

~ December 25th ~

Christmas, Newtonmas,  Quaid-e-Azam's Day,  Koliada,  Pancha Ganapati, Decemberween

~ December 26th ~
End of Hanukkah,  Beginning of Kwanza

~ December 31st ~

New Years Eve

d35MaSD.png      3rl2epU.png   

PRMZcCd.png  F8jdJHS.png

~ FIRST PRESENT UNWRAPPED! ~
CLUBS FEATURE OPENED

The Clubs feature is now open for business!!!  Wtf are clubs you ask?  Clubs are like little mini forums within the forum.  They each have their own moderators who can manage club members and create topics sections.  And in those topics sections, members can post topics.  Almost like groups on Facebook.  Anyone can start one, and when you do you automatically become the groups Owner.  You can then make other group members moderators or leaders.  (mods can manage content, leaders can manage content and members).  And of course, Global Mods still have run of the show lol They still have all the same authority over the club leaders like any other members.

Aaaand with all that being said, have at it!  It's all you, go nuts, create clubs for anything and everything!  Have discussions about wtf ever you want!  Check the top nav bar, and click Clubs to check it out!

Friendly suggestion, anyone looking to form Mugen Content Creation teams might find this a really useful tool for doing so...

• 2 weeks later...

lol they're being opened over the course of this week.  
I originally wanted to do them all on the 1st, but I didn't have the time to get all of it together, due to the malware issue, and general holiday chaos on my end.
Oh life.   But anyway....

~ SECOND PRESENT UNWRAPPED! ~
TIMELINE FEATURE REVAMPED

Once upon a time, we had a "What's New?" button on the top nav bar that brought you
to this, how do I put it, "difficult to look at" activity stream.
ymmXp8k.png

But now we have a snazzy new "Timeline" button, which brings you to this shiny new 
updated timeline, which I've done up in the theme of other social media sites like twitter and ye ol' fb.
p9lYftW.png

Lots of styling work went into this, pulling back certain text, pushing other text forward to make things easier to read,
easier to pick out what people are actually saying, and who was saying it.  The comments on posts got re-styled to get rid

of that vertical line on the left, round out the edges, and space them properly from the sides.   The discord widget was
completely fuckin overhauled,  and so was the user block widget.  I also converted the popular topics list into a scrolling
top 100 topics, and overall the sidebar might undergo some small changes over the next couple weeks / month as it gets
settled in.  The embeds got some attention, the nav bar and rss buttons got it too.  The top area, custom stream
menu (in the pic where it says "Posts by Members I follow") got completely redone.  but...

The pièce de résistance in this feature is the "What's on your mind?" button up top.  It let's users add a new status update
in the spirit of twitter-book, which rounds out the whole "timeline" theme.

Aaaaaand there you have it.  We now have a social media stream on MFFA  lol have fun, enjoy!  Put it to good use!  
Share shit, drop some fucked up memes on me!

Happy Christmas, Newtonmas,  Quaid-e-Azam's Day,  Koliada,  Pancha Ganapati and Decemberween!!!!!!

(....aaand a little teaser.  We, uh, "might" be voting on some new reaction emoticons to go with it soon, member submissions welcome :)

~ THIRD PRESENT UNWRAPPED! ~
CHAT POD IS UNLEASHED!

Ladies and gentlemen, we now have chat.  Live chat, in a little un-intrusive window that's accessible just about everywhere on the forum.  And not only can you chat about your grandmothers hugs, but it handles picture embedding, let's you spice up your noise with your favorite onion head emojis, member tagging (just click their name), lets you turn sound notifications on and off, aaaaand keeps you up-to-date by auto-posting links to all forum activity.  Links that open in new tabs, so they don't fuck with your scroll flow. This nifty little doohicky does it all.  So, let the babble begin!!!  Happy Hanukkah and Kwanza to those who celebrate!  And happy un-hacked now to everyone at MFFA!!!  Uber special thanks to Aлескей for that one :)

Here's where you find it.  Just click the little tab, and it'll pop out.                                           And here's what it looks like.  Oh yes.                          
F8mXwLG.png                                        qRLqfg1.png

(You must have at least 3 posts before you're allowed to chat, in order prevent spam)
One more to go....

• 4 weeks later...

As we begin the beginning of February, it can be agreed that the holidays have ended long ago. And yet, it has left us with a mystery. The mystery of the contents of the last present left that has yet to be opened. Its contents a mystery to all but its sender. As time continues to pass, one wonders about the fate that will befall to this last gift. Will it finally be opened revealing its gift to the forum for all or will it be destroyed, its contents forever unknown to all but one?

• 2 weeks later...

~ FOURTH PRESENT UNWRAPPED! FINALLY! ~
LIVE GAMING LOUNGE IS LIVE! 

I know the suspense was unbearable, but alas... the mystery of the 4th and final present has been revealed.  The Live Gaming Lounge has gotten a complete rebuild and now has chat, voice chat, popout jitsu, a live widget on the timeline, a stream calendar widget that notifies up to a week in advance, the ability for everyone who participates to help grow one another's channels, and a complete set of detailed instructions for how to use everything in it.  The purpose of the LGL extends beyond mere general gaming madness however.  It's secret relevant purpose is to give members a place to demo and discuss games for potential sprite / sfx ripping for future Mugen creations.  It's also packed up and moved out of the forums and is now... I believe the proper term is stomping through the clubs.  Check it out here!

A quick note about Chatpod being returned for store credit.  A couple members pointed out that it was redundant, and they were right.  It was.  We have a Discord server for all our chatting needs, and the forums timeline displays All the activity here.  So yea, the Chatpod was basically a useless drain on server resources, and has appropriately been dropped.  Why did I do it in the first place?  I originally got the chat for (teaser alert) an update to the Ikemen Dojo and LGL.  The Dojo's development fell behind schedule (currently nearing completion), and at the last minute I realized I could make the Chatpod instead.  So it was essentially me trying to cover my own ass and come through on my promises, but it was a rushed last minute idea.  And a bad one.  Sorta like that x-mas gift you buy the night before christmas eve.  And so I apologize for the flopped gift.

Anyways, uh back to how sweet the new LGL is!  Here's some screenshots.

BEFORE
tIcvUid.png

AFTER
cuB4AJd.png

And here's a look at the features:

Spoiler

• Button Map •

X8lrXPR.png

Og5rOO0.png

la214Yk.png

Po7K3yj.png

FByeOn7.png

uO2OAlr.png

THE WIDGET
JELnV3d.png

Aaaand this concludes this years showering with gifts.  I know they were late as hell, please just know that it was not due to a lack of effort.  About 90% of all my free time in the last 3 months has gone into these features (and the dojo), things just did not go quite as I'd planned.  Learned: in the future to make sure these kinds of things are done before I go promising release dates.  As Ryon eloquently put it, it's valentine's month already, there's only one kind of stocking getting stuffed now.

So I hope you all enjoy the presents, put em to good use, have some fun with em, whatever makes you happy that's what they're here for!  
Cheers and happy belated as fuck holidays!
:meme2: