Reminder regarding blacklisted websites [UPDATED 10/30/23]

RicePigeon

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2017 at 2:41 PM, Ricepigeon said:

The following websites/urls have been blacklisted due to known security vulnerabilities and/or unethical practices:

• Mugenarchive

This is why I reupload stuff there to MediaFire. Also I'm at a higher rank over there so I can download without ads.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Good to know, RicePigeon, especially when it comes to that dreaded Mugen Archive that is breaking copyright infringement laws, as we know it with the archive's pushing for so called monetary "donations."  I'll keep this list in mind when browsing these forums for Mugen content.

On 12/15/2017 at 1:52 PM, bigcheesus said:

Sorry if I look stupid but what type of unethical practices? Is it like, data leak or something like that?

Unfortunately, some sites do have data leaks, at times.  I'm not aware of any on this list that had any, but then comes the unethical practices of some sites such as the Mugen Archive.  The moderators of that site takes content from other creators that are intended to be free for Mugen and profit off of said content, most notably, the monetary donations they try to make users do and for so many users, force them to do in order to access anything to download.  Sometimes, even donating to that dreaded site doesn't work, and some users are still locked out of downloading anything from that site.  These "donations" are, in fact, illegal as they are profiting off of characters that do not belong to them, and violates copyright laws and infringes on multiple companies copyrights.  The moderators of the Mugen Archive even has pirated copies of paid video games that I've learned of from RicePigeon on another topic that I posted in on this issue about the Mugen Archive.  Whatever you do, do not visit or make a account on the Mugen Archive.  The same thing goes for any site on this blacklist.  For more information on the illegal practices of the Mugen Archive, click on the link below this explanation for further insight that I give in the topic "mugen archive - A Deserving Rant-" on this horrendous site that is the Mugen Archive.

• 5 months later...

I just added a new site to the list: AndersonKenya1 aka AK1, but in the section of sites that need registration to download from there with 4shared. It happened to me a lot in my collections and I've no doubt that many other collection curators as me have the same problem, so if you find a character/stage/anything there and you want to be added to any collection, please download it first and then reupload it to MediaFire, MEGA, OneDrive or any other file sharing service, so all we can get the MUGEN creation and not just the ones who got account there

• 8 months later...

I never liked 4shared I don't know why yah just black listed that site as well. I mean mediafire, Google Drive, Mega, OneDrive are the most safe upload site that can we support to this forum. also we should stop Members from posting video with registered submunition as well. forcing people to subscribe to their channel to get content links is also a URL issue. like social-unlock.com is really is bullshit to force our MFFA members to get content from people to using link to force them to subscribe to other people channel. AND THAT IS AN ACT violations of our blacklisted URLs policy as well if you think about it  I mean MFFA is SHARING IS CARING 

I have removed AK1 from the discouraged list due to them opening their doors to non registered users. As long as this remains in effect it is fully ok to link to AK1 mugen links. I should have done this a LOOOONG time ago but forgot it was even "discouraged". I still would like anyone using their links for hosting content on collections or the like to make a personal backup just in case something happens.

4shared is still annoying with its wait times so not touching that one.