Asriel Dreemurr

Secret1056

Hey there!

Just posting a WIP page for a project I started last week.

The goal is to try and make a boss type character based on Asriel Dreemurr from Undertale.

He will use only the moves that were in the game, with some minor adjustments to better suit Mugen. (That's my way of saying that I can't code to save my life, and some of his moves are pretty bonkers.)

Since I can't sprite, I'm relying on the sprite sheet from the Spriters Resouce ripped by The Herp Derpinator, which should be enough.

Currently working on:

-Chaos Sabre

-Chaos Blaster

Completed

-Shocker breaker (The video above is an older version of the move. It's been updated.)

Taking a break from

-Hyper Goner

-Star Blazing

I have a youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5ZRHDRPYTLYN6mXzWSjjLA

I will be posting updates and random videos regarding this and any other future WIPS.

Thanks for your time. =)

Forgive me if double posting is against forum regulations.

A new video showcasing what's been done so far after a week of work.

I swear Hyper Goner made me lose my mind, that move took forever and I still don't like how it turned out xP.

(There's only so many times you can stare at that face and retain your sanity.)

On 11/4/2017 at 7:44 AM, truetotalempireinc said:

This looks Awesome can't wait to play it!!

Thanks, though your comment made me think, so I have been tinkering with some mechanics to make him more "playable". Since almost all of his attacks were fully automated, it would make playing him incredibly boring so I've been trying to add more interactivity. Although this will lower his original integrity, I feel it will help make him a better character overall.

Updates:

-For Star Blazing, the stars now appear when you press a button, meaning you have control over how many show up at a time. Max is 4 so no spamming.

The big star still falls regardless at the end of the move. (Plans to change that.)

-For Shocker breaker, I've made it so you have control over the exclamation box, so you can move it towards an enemy and press a button to call the lightning. Let me know if this is a good idea.

Plans:

-Chaos sabre: you will now have control over Asriel with different buttons corresponding to either left or right attacks.

-Chaos Blaster will now have a Ammo limit variable which will decrement with each button press, once it hits zero you must button mash to charge up the final rainbow beam.(More presses=more damage.)

-I also plan to make it so you have control of the blaster, instead of it locking on to an enemy like it does now.

The final plan is how the match will end.

-My goal is to use a variable that decrements depending on which moves are used. Once its low enough, you will have access to Hyper Goner, note that using it will place the var at 0 ending the battle. (Stronger moves lower the var more than weaker moves.) Regardless when the var hits 0, depending if you win, a different scene will play.

-Not sure if I should make him "invincible" or apply super armor. Invincible is in quotations because a simple nothitby in statedef -2 won't save him from 30% of characters these days.

Let me know. Any suggestions are appreciated.

• 1 year later...