Timmy Turner

thebuddyadrian

Timmy Turner

Finally, an okay version of Timmy Turner in MUGEN!

This character uses sprites edited from Jarquin10 and edited sprites from some Nicktoons Video Games.

Download: https://sites.google.com/site/tbamugen/chars/original

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKyi_JNQeI0

All Moves:

D, DF, F, a/b/c: Wish
D, DB, B, a/b/c: Fairy Beam
D, DF, F, x/y/z: Cleft Glove
D, DB, B, x/y/z: Fairy Blaster

D, DF, F, a+b: BIG Wish (1 Bar)
D, DB, B, a+b: Jorgen Von Strangle (2 Bars)
D, DF, F, x+y: Cleft MegaPhone (1 Bar)
D, DB, B, x+y: Super Fairy Blaster (1 Bar)

I hope you guys enjoy this character! I tried my best on it but any feedback or recommendations would be reccomended, I might update this in the future.

- The default KFM sounds don't really fit this character. I suggest you change them.

- Wanda, Cosmo, and Jorgen's sprites clash with the rest of the sprites.

- Try improving the animation on some of the moves, such as the strong punches. Right now, it looks rather choppy.

- Throw looks kind of weird.

- Timmy suddenly changes a lot when the Fairy Blaster specials are used.

- Balance out your specials so the weak and medium versions aren't just filler.

- "Big Wish" doesn't do any damage if you do it up close.

- Likewise, Wish 2 and Wish 3 don't do any damage if you do them up close as well.

- Timmy gains back a bit of power from all of his hypers.

- You should make more versions of the Cleft Glove special. There's only 1 version currently.

- Cosmo & Wanda Beam does a lot of damage for a non-EX special.

- Debug error when using Fairy Blaster 1.

- Instead of the specials and hypers using "trigger1 = statetype = S", make them use "trigger1 = statetype != A". This makes them easier to perform.

- Also,  you can perform the Fairy Blaster specials while in air and on the ground...but you can't perform them while crouching?

- Rather minor, but no taunt. It also gives me a debug error when I attempt to taunt.

2 hours ago, Nodog said:

- The default KFM sounds don't really fit this character. I suggest you change them.

- Wanda, Cosmo, and Jorgen's sprites clash with the rest of the sprites.

- Try improving the animation on some of the moves, such as the strong punches. Right now, it looks rather choppy.

- Throw looks kind of weird.

- Timmy suddenly changes a lot when the Fairy Blaster specials are used.

- Balance out your specials so the weak and medium versions aren't just filler.

- "Big Wish" doesn't do any damage if you do it up close.

- Likewise, Wish 2 and Wish 3 don't do any damage if you do them up close as well.

- Timmy gains back a bit of power from all of his hypers.

- You should make more versions of the Cleft Glove special. There's only 1 version currently.

- Cosmo & Wanda Beam does a lot of damage for a non-EX special.

- Debug error when using Fairy Blaster 1.

- Instead of the specials and hypers using "trigger1 = statetype = S", make them use "trigger1 = statetype != A". This makes them easier to perform.

- Also,  you can perform the Fairy Blaster specials while in air and on the ground...but you can't perform them while crouching?

- Rather minor, but no taunt. It also gives me a debug error when I attempt to taunt.

1) I'll try to find different sounds to use for him in the next update.

2) Those sprites actually come from Fairly OddParents video games. The reason I used those is because I'm not a great spriter so it would be easier to use those instead of making bad sprites for them.

3) Again, I'm not a great spriter but I'll try to improve the animations in the next update.

4) Yeah, I tried to make a proper throw animation but it looked bad so I just used the Cosmo and Wanda throw instead.

5) The sprites for Fairy Blaster are from Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots DS. I edited them so they would match the pallette. The reason I used those is again, I tried to make my best to make my own sprites but again they looked bad so I used those.

6) I tried my best to balance them, for example Fairy Blaster Weak has low range but can chain up to 4 hits, Fairy Blaster Medium has long range but can only do one shot, Strong version is low range but high damage. Do u have a specific example of bad balancing in a special.

7)  I did that because it's meant to be chained from Cleft Glove. After Cleft Glove comes in contact you can cancel into Big Wish.

8) It's supposed to be that way, you just choose a different version depending on how far the opponent is, they all have the same amount of damage.

9) I'll fix that in the next update.

10) I can't really think of any ways to make it different.

11) I'll make it cost 250 energy in the next update.

12) I'll look into what's causing it and then fix it in the next update.

13 and 14) I'll make them usable when crouching in the next update.

15) I'll add a taunt in the next update.

18 hours ago, Pluscross said:

Eye laser wish Timmy constantly forgets about. Another special or even hyper right there.

There's also the Super Brawl series...

The Fairy Beam moves are roughly based off his special from Super Brawl 3. Fairy glove and Fairy hammer are from Super Brawl World.

10 minutes ago, thebuddyadrian said:

2) Those sprites actually come from Fairly OddParents video games. The reason I used those is because I'm not a great spriter so it would be easier to use those instead of making bad sprites for them.

(Comments: You can always request the original spriter to create those, that is, if he can.)

3) Again, I'm not a great spriter but I'll try to improve the animations in the next update.

(Comments: A lot of the choppiness doesn't come from the sprites. It's more that they come from bad timing of ticks in the animation frames.)

6) I tried my best to balance them, for example Fairy Blaster Weak has low range but can chain up to 4 hits, Fairy Blaster Medium has long range but can only do one shot, Strong version is low range but high damage. Do u have a specific example of bad balancing in a special.

(Comments: An example of a bad balanced special would be the Fairy Beam. There is no change in the startup or ending lag on the different variants.)

7)  I did that because it's meant to be chained from Cleft Glove. After Cleft Glove comes in contact you can cancel into Big Wish.

(Comments: No matter what, hypers shouldn't miss at point blank.)

8) It's supposed to be that way, you just choose a different version depending on how far the opponent is, they all have the same amount of damage.

(Comments: See above.)

Commented on some of your responses. Another thing that I forgot to mention is that you only need about 1 red CLSN box for moves. Having about 5 for one move is a bit unnecessary.

Anyways, can't wait to see the updates.

• 2 weeks later...