Unlockable Characters?

jmagee22

Question

Unlockable Characters?

I know this may be a rather stupid question but is there a way that you can make certain characters to be unlockable? So that I can play through Arcade and unlock the rest of the characters? Just curious, I know you can use the hidden cells in some screen packs but that is not exactly what I'm trying to do. Any help is appreciated.

2 answers to this question

This is the only method I know...:

1. Create a password-protected .zip with the characters you want as "unlockables" and a copy of your regular select.def file that contains the "unlockables".

2. Open up system.def in the word editor of your choice and go down to where it says [Win Screen]. Make sure "enabled" is set to "1".

3. There should be a line that says "wintext.text = *insert text here*". Edit the text after the = symbol to something like the password for the .zip. Save the file.

After you've done that, completing Arcade Mode with any character should give you the password to the .zip so you can extract the files to where you normally would. A bit tedious, but I'm pretty sure it works.

you play mugen using bat or cmd file and make a loop check to mugen.log and give timeout like 5 second or what you desire to save cpu. which mean during you play mugen the batch will always check mugen.log every 5 second to see if the string found at mugen.log (when ending credit after arcade loaded (that should be the string)).if the string exist in mugen.log then rename a secret character folder in chars folder to match with what listed in the select def using a batch script. also make a check for second string if ending credit end string found in mugen.log, you restart your mugen  thru batch script and able to see the unlockable character instantly.

theres a lot alternative method actually

you need to study how to loop in batch file