Garfieldfan's Workshop (...and I'll show you a cat with bad breath.)

GarfieldfanMUGEN

Welcome to...

Garfieldfan's Workshop!

I may manage a few collections and have made a few stages, but wanted to work on making characters for a long time (which is when I started a pretty crappy build of Garfield), so this area is built around me attempting to make some characters, and possibly edit some, too. Stages will be thrown into the mix, too.

Current WIP:

R763RYH.png

Garfield (with WlanmaniaX)

On hold:

Nothing worth mentioning at the moment

Edits:

• Bender and Leela (originals by Warner, based on tunglashor's English edits; on hold)

Future WIPs:

• .GIFfany

Stages in the works: N/A

On June 26, 2017 at 4:08 PM, jenngra505 said:

The sprites seem simple enough for me to edit something together with them.

I would get the sprite sheet from leoelbarto (because that's the sprites I'm using), get a system motif sprite from the main MUGEN system work folder, put most sprites into fragments, and when you think it's good enough, color the white with the shade of blue that's the transparency color from the motif Sprite.

Link:

http://leoelbarto.deviantart.com/art/garfield-mugen-265955689

• 4 months later...

color%20serperation%20wip.png

Some progress. An incomplete color serperation for Garfield. I WILL complete this if possible.

Also, some future WIPs:

• Some edits of @WlanmaniaX's characters, mainly fixes
  • Rin Kagamine (Vocaloid)
  • Odie (Garfield, may not be possible)
  • Miyuki Takara (Lucky Star, may be the second actual character I work on)

To @RyochiReturns, @SuperKyo24 and other people who might want to see Charlie Brown or Snoopy:

I don't really take character requests, but if you would like a character to be EDITED, I might work that through. So sorry about any disappointment this has caused.

might attempt a Snoopy in the near future. Depends on what might become of my creations.

5 hours ago, GarfieldfanMUGEN said:

To @RyochiReturns, @SuperKyo24 and other people who might want to see Charlie Brown or Snoopy:

I don't really take character requests, but if you would like a character to be EDITED, I might work that through. So sorry about any disappointment this has caused.

might attempt a Snoopy in the near future. Depends on what might become of my creations.

So what do you mean by EDITING CHARACTERS?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Scrapped: Rocko edit - complicated bugs and other things (I think I deleted the files...)

On hold: Garfield - Feel like it takes too long. I'll still be editing sprites and working on a color seperation (on hold until further notice).

Working on now: Joe Swanson edit - Minor changes, among some things (almost done, I think); See my new post.

Future W.I.P: Sayori - I feel like Megaman's version was lacking something. And the sprites needed improvement.

• 4 months later...

I'm pretty sure you all seen this:

DfAmVnPWAAAEnzA.jpg

Garfield was put on hold so I could work on something using ripped sprites. Yes, I'm making Ruby Rose as of now.

So far only one sprite has been put in, but I'm working on getting at least a standing animation done before anything else. Sprites face left but I found a way to work around that (It's really not that hard.)

• 2 months later...

At this point, I got a basic attack and some other minor things for Ruby done.

Let me say that I revamped Garfield again (meaning I started from scratch) and started on Yang Xiao Long.

As of now, someone already made Yang. Meaning time for more Garfield progress!

• 1 year later...

Almost 2 years since I last used this...

Nonetheless, I wanted to confirm my latest WIP, Kyoko from the Kunio-kun series, as she appears in River City Girls.

VHeeSsk.png

(Note: palette shown to the right was shown on Twitter and MFG and might not be in the final product.)

Her moveset was lifted from the actual game, and isn't limited like the MvC one. I have 4 out of the (I believe this is what I planned) 8 specials and 3 hypers (might change) done (one special is partially done). I'll be sharing more progress soon. There is also a color seperation project underway for her, but I might not finish that for a while.

I started on her in Febuary using vanilla KFM as a base, and restarted almost a few weeks after using a really basic template, feeling a 4-button playstyle similar to UMvC3 would fit her better.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

z9bb3bnv2i861.png

I think it's about time to reveal my current WIP, Valentine from Skullgirls. Main reason was to try and see how accurate to the game I could make her (hopefully at least a good bit), but also because the best one at the moment was not very well made (it had the idea down, though). Sprites have been extracted from that version and sized down 35% in Photoshop (obviously I also had to use MUGEN's scaling to help it, too).

• 2 months later...

mugen003.png?width=576&height=432

After hearing some things about the current developers of Skullgirls, while I wasn't working on Valentine at the time (I was still doing the Peter Griffin edit mentioned in the first post), hearing what I heard just led me to keep her in my scrapheap. However, I had more than just her in the ideas I had for characters.

As I'm in sort of a... Puyo Puyo phase, it kinda baffles me there aren't enough decent characters from the franchise... that won't be cheap with the AI or have lots of weird mechanics in them. Thus, with that thought, and the cancellation of Valentine, I give you a small taste above of what I'm working on now.

• 3 weeks later...

8ezGLud.png

What's this? Another beat-em-up character on my WIP list?

Yes, as soon as I get this shit color-seperated (heavy but quick and easy work has been made so far thanks to Photoshop), Ramona Flowers from the Scott Pilgrim game will be on my to-do list. And while the idea for me to make this is largely inspired by Basara-kun's Scott Pilgrim game characters, this will solely be built off KFM. Peter and Arle are still high-priority, though.

• 4 months later...

Decided to clean up the "on hold" list. Before you ask, Mappy and Kyoko are not cancelled, I'm really not interested in working on them right now.

Also, introducing two new characters to the list:

SpongeBob SquarePants: This version of the sea sponge ain't gonna be an edit of any other version, but will have a MvC playstyle with some basic movements taking cue from Skullgirls' Valentine. I haven't entirely planned out the moveset, but aside from 1 move from Super Brawl 2, his moveset is going to be based on Seasons 1-3.

Chara: A character I've put off several times (like, Chara is behind Garfield for how many times I've put a character off), I decided to work on the Fallen Human again. However, I am using sprites from Sydery Vuris' Rivals of Aether incarnation from the Steam Workshop. Not much has been planned out as far as getting permission to use the sprites (which I did), but I'm working on color seperation as well, too.