Kagura Mutsuki (Blazblue CPEX) released by Deoxgigas! (Final Updated 10/06/2017)

Deoxgigas

'Ey, thanks to some data gathered on one of those online Twitch Mugen sites, as well as a little feedback from Mugenguild, I've made a few updates, including more fluff added to the Astral Heat move, making Ryuujinshou easier to use without potentially cancelling into a super jump, and AI Improvements. Always AI Improvements.

3 hours ago, Deoxgigas said:

I'm gonna need a long cooldown from Mugen after this monster of a project, so I won't make any promises.

But if I do decide to make another BB character, it'll very likely be Azrael.

Whew that's actually the character I was hoping you'd do. 

Great minds think alike.

All normal, drive and special moves only have a 15-25% chance of Kagura loudly yelling them out.

It's really just a personal preference of mine. I don't really like it when fighting game characters yell out their moves in the exact same tone every time they're used, and do it so rapidly that their voice lines can overlap each other. Kagura would be doing that if all of his voice lines played 100%.

And speaking of the above:

Just a small update; after hearing a few concerns about the frequency the voices play, I decided to make an option variable for 'em, so you can now change it yourself.

You'll find it at the very bottom of the first CNS file (kaguramutsuki.cns).

a25086d54865d9aae36054f47fbb41c1.png

1 is the default that had been running up till now.

Also, I probably had another small AI update inbetween. I think.

EDIT: Also, after seeing a few screenshots of Mugen 1.1 matches where Player 2 Kagura's Heat, Barrier and Burst UI elements were oddly placed in the middle of the screen, I've gone through their pos values and changed them all from left to right, which should place them properly.

Only issue left is the fact that his UI (and all my other characters', for that matter) is cut off on some 1.1 stages. Only real fix I've found for this is changing his localcoord in the DEF file to 420. It'll also make Kagura alot smaller, but I guess that's fitting for those stages.

If you want to be able to change how much he speaks (and get the rest of the updates), then yes.

As for palettes, well, he has his 1-12 pals set in stone, but I guess you can edit them as you please in the Sprites section with any of Fighter Factory programs?

I imagine your issue will be resolved if you make sure you've done these steps:

1. Make your palette.

2. Make it Group 1 and Index (1 to 12), and make sure the old one you're replacing isn't still occupying that number too.

3. Save it as a file inside Kagura's folder and call it whatever you want.

4. In the DEF file, replace the file name for whatever palette you're replacing with the name of your own palette.

72b42ef18a19520228f4a93eb25e2656.png

With this, it should surely work.

so I have to make/put the number index pallete in diffrent number? thank's normaly it never happaned to the other character pallete I mean I made a new ACT file pallete and change it on DEF and configure the old act file to new act file without change the index

Ahah, I finally squished a bothersome bug affecting the Barrier system. This warrants another update.

06/23/2017 Update Notes:

- Fixed Kagura's Barrier mysteriously draining in practically an instant against characters with certain kinds of attacks.
- Fixed a rather peculiar bug I somehow missed where Kagura would constantly turn around when entering another Drive Stance (5A, 2A) after hitting with 6A-Y.
- Swapped out one Match Win voice clip for another. Also added a few extra ones for... Later potential use.
- Kagura should now properly sound like he's actually hitting the floor when tripped.
- The default value of Kagura's voice frequency is now 3 out of 10 (used to be 1).
- AI Improvements and Updates as always.

As it turns out, the Barrier bug from last time wasn't the only thing that had gone wrong. Turns out I had used the same variables at multiple places, which shut down the extra pushback from the barrier entirely. Derp.

In the meantime, I found a few other issues anyway, so here's yet another update. Hopefully by now I'll have squished most of 'em.

07/02/2017 Update Notes:

Kagura Mutsuki:

- Fixed even more major buggery with the Barrier caused by an oversight with the variables used.
- Fixed Kagura's Ryuujinshou Z having way longer fallrecover time on it than it was supposed to when not near the corner.
- Fixed Kagura losing his iframes too soon during his Neutral Tech recovery.
- Fixed Kagura NOT losing his iframes until landing when doing an Aerial recovery.
- Increased the distance traveled when holding forwards or backwards while doing an Aerial Recovery.
- Fixed Kagura automatically super jumping forwards if the opponent is far enough away.
- Fixed part of the Burst icon effect being misplaced when it's fully charged.
- Other smaller fixes.
- Replaced palette 8 and 9 with two new ones matching other Blazblue characters.
- Kagura will now play his intro when entering a Turns match and not being the first character fighting.
- AI Fixes and Adjustments, as always.

• 3 months later...

Well then, here we are again.

So here's the deal; it turns out that the best way to figure out the mistakes and bugs in your characters is by creating another one in the same style.
As such, I've returned here one last time to deliver the final update for Kagura Mutsuki.

If there's ever gonna be any more fixes for this guy, I'll probably just paste it over his files on my onedrive without any announcements.

What, "creating another one in the same style"? Yeah, there's a new one incoming. Soon. When the AI is finalized, a few miscellaneous things done, and I've made a Mugen 1.0 conversion of it.

10/06/2017 Update Notes:

- Added a Taunt (Start Button).
- Added extra voice files for the Spinning state, Guard Break state and getting up from the ground.
- Added the Same Move Proration to the Crush Trigger attack, which it's supposed to have.
- Added a new, more electrifying animation for a successful Throw Reject.
- Added more fluff to ground bounces to make it look more like the source game.
- Added the animation for Distortion Finish which had sprites taking up space since the very beginning.
- Increased the amount of Burst Gauge recovered when being damaged.
- The opponent will now be forced into the standard air hurt state when Kagura kicks them off the ground, making them act closer to how OTG attacks work in Blazblue.
- The overdrive timer now freezes while Kagura is using an Overdrive Distortion super.

- Fixed another case of the same variable used for multiple different states.
- Fixed Kagura being able to cancel into Overdrive when hitting with 6X, because apparently he's not supposed to be able to do that.
- Fixed the buffer instantly triggering 5X when using Rapid Cancel, facing the wrong way when using Rapid Cancel during 6A-Y and not being able to Rapid Cancel certain other moves.
- Fixed the opponent going straight into a guard state when breaking Stagger after getting hit by 5A-X.
- Fixed 6A-Z missing its attack ID in the 1.1 version of Kagura, making it unable to cause a wall slam on counter hit like it's supposed to.
- Fixed every Superpause giving the opponent a defense boost, because apparently I have to specify for the state to NOT do that. That explains alot of past issues with damage scaling.
- Fixed Kagura not getting an attack boost in 12p.
- Fixed various smaller errors here and there. (voices, animations, etc)

- AI fixes and adjustments, mostly regarding the Barrier.