Susanoo by Takehaya Susanoo released 5/14/17

Azul Crescent

3XNaesz.png

aakXLmj.png

EcmRp8V.png

He's Melty Blood styled. VERY well made. Plans on updating him as well. Works in Winmugen, 1.0 and 1.1.

To get the Magic Circuit Bar to show up as well as Mode Selection, you have to open his Config.txt and edit this line:

[State 5900, 0]
Type = VarSet
Trigger1 = Var(0)/1000%10 = 0
V = 0
Value = Var(0)+(1)*1000   ;0‚Є•\Ћ¦‚ ‚и(ѓfѓtѓHѓ‹ѓg)ЃA1‚Є•\Ћ¦‚И‚µ

Change V = 0 to V = 1.

Updated 5/21/17

https://www.mediafire.com/?pa6o6qhts7sh1ix

Finally, after all these years we got an actually well-done, smooth and fully functioning BlazBlue character for MUGEN, with a reasonable file size, fluid animation sprites without straining the framerate even slightly, wonderfully implemented moves and overall... how do I say this... MUGEN-friendly quality to it. I mean let's face it, all the other BlazBlue characters severely lack at least one of these qualities, turning them simply unbearable in the process.

Not only that, but it's the franchises's final antagonist that represents MUGEN's first ever well functioning BlazBlue character (for me at least). Not the franchise's main protagonist, but its MAIN VILLAIN! I mean, now THAT'S a bombastic genuinely great entry for the BlazBlue collection. Now I do have SOME reservations about this Susanoo, mainly his way too high damage output even for HIS standards... for example, his Astral is fairly easy to launch (at least from what I've tested in training... gonna try him in an actual Versus yet) and since it's an instant kill (then again, that's what Astrals are for), I have the feeling that fights will end way too soon... like WAY too soon.

But overall, Takehaya Susanoo has done this character justice. And more importantly, with him (her?) considering making more BlazBlue characters (I'll trade my soul for my waifu Izanami to be MUGENised), he (she?) might become with BlazBlue characters what RicePigeon is with Touhou characters. I'll gladly wait.

2 minutes ago, Xiristatos said:

Finally, after all these years we got an actually well-done, smooth and fully functioning BlazBlue character for MUGEN, with a reasonable file size, fluid animation sprites without straining the framerate even slightly, wonderfully implemented moves and overall... how do I say this... MUGEN-friendly quality to it. I mean let's face it, all the other BlazBlue characters severely lack at least one of these qualities, turning them simply unbearable in the process.

Not only that, but it's the franchises's final antagonist that represents MUGEN's first ever well functioning BlazBlue character (for me at least). Not the franchise's main protagonist, but its MAIN VILLAIN! I mean, now THAT'S a bombastic genuinely great entry for the BlazBlue collection. Now I do have SOME reservations about this Susanoo, mainly his way too high damage output even for HIS standards... for example, his Astral is fairly easy to launch and since it's an instant kill, I have the feeling that fights will end way too soon.

But overall, Takehaya Susanoo has done this character justice. And more importantly, with him (her?) considering making more BlazBlue characters (I'll trade my soul for my waifu Izanami to be MUGENised), he (she?) might become with BlazBlue characters what RicePigeon is with Touhou characters. I'll gladly wait.

Couldn't have said it better myself. All the other BlazBlue characters have kinda sucked. Only ones that really were good were the Jin in my screenshots by DaNaru250, Platinum by Websta and maybe Nu-13 by Neat Unsou if she weren't so Heavy due to all those sprites. Thankfully we can add this one to the tiny list of playable BlazBlue characters.

29 minutes ago, Weiss_Circal said:

I hope he/she makes a Platinum, Nine, Terumi, Kagura and Kokonoe. 

Well, some good news then: In his (I'm pretty sure he's a dude, so I'll go with it for now) Mugenguild thread for Susano'o, Takehaya said that he might attempt to create Valkenhayn, Terumi and Izanami (ayyyyyyy bruh) in his way, but only once he considers his Susano'o to be stable enough.

Here's the thread if you're interested: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/blazblue-susanoo-melty-blood-style-released-14-05-17-179770.20.html (it's the second page though, since this is where three aforementioned characters were mentioned by him)

Just now, Xiristatos said:

Well, some good news then: In his (I'm pretty sure he's a dude, so I'll go with it for now) Mugenguild thread for Susano'o, Takehaya said that he might attempt to create Valkenhayn, Terumi and Izanami (ayyyyyyy bruh) in his way, but only once he considers his Susano'o to be stable enough.

Here's the thread if you're interested: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/blazblue-susanoo-melty-blood-style-released-14-05-17-179770.20.html (it's the second page though, since this is where three aforementioned characters were mentioned by him)

I read it before. Don't worry.

Just now, Lord M said:

His supers still restore power when used.

The authors looking into fixing issues with him via feedback on the thread in MFG. That was brought up i believe. I assume he's waiting for a whole batch of feedback so he can do a huge update on him to fix the issues.

1 hour ago, Sylveon-Chan said:

The authors looking into fixing issues with him via feedback on the thread in MFG. That was brought up i believe. I assume he's waiting for a whole batch of feedback so he can do a huge update on him to fix the issues.

A good char with an author that looks to fix his mistakes? You're kidding me?

Ah, now that´s interesting.

Gotta like when someone tries to mix things in mugen--- a Blazblue character with the fast Melty Blood Gameplay, if i´m correct Blazblue is also a fast phase game no? Doesn´t  sound like a bad mix at all.

4 hours ago, PhantomBlack said:

No sounds on attacks. (attack attempt sounds not when they connect)

I haven't noticed this at all even with extensive play testing. I even have a video out of him. Both hits and misses make sound effects.

3 hours ago, Ex☆Cham said:

Ah, now that´s interesting.

Gotta like when someone tries to mix things in mugen--- a Blazblue character with the fast Melty Blood Gameplay, if i´m correct Blazblue is also a fast phase game no? Doesn´t  sound like a bad mix at all.

Blazblue is a fast paced game yes, not as fast as Melty Blood, but very close. It's a very good mix and works really well. He's easily become 1 of my favorite characters in my roster.

10 hours ago, Sylveon-Chan said:

I haven't noticed this at all even with extensive play testing. I even have a video out of him. Both hits and misses make sound effects.

Blazblue is a fast paced game yes, not as fast as Melty Blood, but very close. It's a very good mix and works really well. He's easily become 1 of my favorite characters in my roster.

nevermind, i was sick when i posted. couldn't hear a missle with these ears lol.

i hear it now.

Susanoo Updated 5/21/17

https://www.mediafire.com/?pa6o6qhts7sh1ix

First Link Updated.

Changelog:

Spoiler

-Replaced most of the graphical effects
-Nerfed all specials, EX attacks (except for Hunter's Fang), Arc Drives and Last Arc's damage
-Fixed Splintering Thrust catching projectiles (he still grabs it, but animation cuts straight to punching the wall)
-Fixed Hunter's Fang A (it was meant to have OTG properties, but since he skipped frame 1, he never hit)
-Fixed EX specials and Arc Drives gaining power on hit
-Fixed strict command input time
-Attempted to fix Splintering Thrust not releasing the enemy
-EX Hunter's Fang no longer has an extended hitbox behind Susanoo
-Added Susanoo's j.5D as j.2C
-Increased 6A's hitstun and hitpause and changed 6A's framedata to be closer to the source

-Changed Liberating Dagger's framedata to be closer to the source
-Changed Strike of the Possessed God finisher's framedata to be closer to the source
-Changed 3B's framedata to be closer to the source
-Changed 3C's framedata to be closer to the source
-2C no longer knocks the enemy down on the first hit
-Slightly modified AI (now it uses Arc Drive after successful Splintering Thrust if possible)

Also confirmed by author they are working on Izanami next, as they already have most if not all of her effects and sprites ripped.