Dave The Minion By Mr.ASpartaX37

This Account Is Dead

a few suggestions you can either use this or dont up to you.

this needs alot ot tlc try and give him moves that fits him rather then giving him other people moves such as ryu and from family guy there a lot of mugen creators out there that does either because there lazy or they just dont care

if you need some thoughts and ideals since i dont think there any games with the minions in it maybe take some ideals from the movies

1 hour ago, Darklight said:

a few suggestions you can either use this or dont up to you.

this needs alot ot tlc try and give him moves that fits him rather then giving him other people moves such as ryu and from family guy there a lot of mugen creators out there that does either because there lazy or they just dont care

if you need some thoughts and ideals since i dont think there any games with the minions in it maybe take some ideals from the movies

I Reported My Post

Please don't abuse the report button just because you didn't like the feedback that was given to you.

12 hours ago, Weiss_Circal said:

Judging from some videos I've watch, he doesn't seem to be a quality character. 

Weiss's personal opinions about the Minions/Despicable Me franchise aside, he has some valid points here: Infinite fireball spamming, Normals with practically zero reach, the vomit super dealing an obscene amount of damage for its level cost, lack of recovery lag on said attack and others, making them unpunishable, gaining power back from supers, misaligned hitsparks, misaligned effects, incorrect sprite effect alignment & priorities, sprites and animations of questionable quality, unnecessary ecchi touhou pics that have nothing to do with the character itself, poorly cleaned super portrait, and that's all just judging from the video alone without actually touching the character in MUGEN. From my experience, this is usually a big indicator of even more problems in the underlying character code.

12 hours ago, This Account Is Dead said:

:fffuuu: 

Shut Up.

This is not productive to discussion or an appropriate response to character feedback. Don't post like this.

2 hours ago, Ricepigeon said:

Please don't abuse the report button just because you didn't like the feedback that was given to you.

Weiss's personal opinions about the Minions/Despicable Me franchise aside, he has some valid points here: Infinite fireball spamming, Normals with practically zero reach, the vomit super dealing an obscene amount of damage for its level cost, lack of recovery lag on said attack and others, making them unpunishable, gaining power back from supers, misaligned hitsparks, misaligned effects, incorrect sprite effect alignment & priorities, sprites and animations of questionable quality, unnecessary ecchi touhou pics that have nothing to do with the character itself, poorly cleaned super portrait, and that's all just judging from the video alone without actually touching the character in MUGEN. From my experience, this is usually a big indicator of even more problems in the underlying character code.

This is not productive to discussion or an appropriate response to character feedback. Don't post like this.

Thank you Rice. :3

@Weiss_Circal That being said, however, there were some issues with your posts as well, especially this one:

16 hours ago, Weiss_Circal said:

You're rage fuels me you know.

There's no need to antagonize him further, this could be construed as baiting. I understand that there wasn't much feedback to say since the most glaring issues were already in the presentation video itself, but you could have elaborated further. Just try to keep that in mind for the future.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:06 PM, Ricepigeon said:

@Weiss_Circal That being said, however, there were some issues with your posts as well, especially this one:

There's no need to antagonize him further, this could be construed as baiting. I understand that there wasn't much feedback to say since the most glaring issues were already in the presentation video itself, but you could have elaborated further. Just try to keep that in mind for the future.

It was kinda suppose to be a joke.

• 2 weeks later...

So I downloaded this character, and boy was I in for an adventure. Here's what I found for now:

Spoiler

;GENERAL
- These sprites (minus the weird edits) were made by someone else. You should probably credit him (if you didn't already).
- Crouching sprites are very awkward. If you're going to flatten your character while he crouches, use Angle state controllers.
- Some other sprites also look awkward.
- He has a lot of Nostalgic Critic sounds for whatever reason.
- The hitboxes are very bad, and look like they were made with AutoCLSN, with many missing hitboxes, too many hitboxes for a single animation, etc.
- Most of his palettes are very unpleasant on the eye.
- Super portrait is badly made.
- A lot of moves and animations don't fit the character.
- Tons of his normal attacks have unbalanced damage.
- Some supers are hard to pull off for some reason.
- Missing required sprites.
- Has Megaman effects when KOed for some reason.
- If the standing hard punch misses, there is a lot of end lag.

;SPECIALS
- The single Hadouken special does a bit too little damage. You can perform this move with Light Punch and Hard Punch, but strangely not Medium Punch. He can also spam it.
- The multiple Hadouken special does damage comparable to a level 1 super. He also gains power back from them.
- The ice beam special can't be performed with the Light Kick or Hard Kick buttons. Since it does 100 damage, requires no power, and freezes the opponent, you can do an infinite. The opponent's power also gets drained a bit for whatever reason.
- The "Shut Up" special is a fullscreen attack that requires no power which does 120 damage if all hits connect. It's OP, if you couldn't tell.
- The teleportation special doesn't have any variants for some reason.
- If a hit connects in the vomiting special, the vomit goes behind his mouth. You also can't be hit during the startup.
- The "Not Funny" special drains half an average character's lifebar if all hits connect! He also gains power back.
- The Ice Punch special is an infinite and also drains the opponent's power like the Ice Beam for some reason.
- "Remolino WooHoo" is an infinite, although the infinite's hard to pull off.

;SUPERS
- "Crazy Banana" does way too much damage for a level 1 super. It also gives back his power, and uses annoying hitsounds.
- Meanwhile, "Giant Bomb" does too little damage for a level 2 super.
- For "Triple Bomb", a level 3 super, the bombs do too much damage and leave the opponent with 100 HP if all 3 connect.
- "Thunder Punch" does too much damage for a level 2 super.
- "Dizzy Punch", a level 1 super, shouldn't do that much damage. Also, the hitsounds are annoying.
- "Tornado" is a level 1 super, yet leaves the opponent with 40 HP if all hits connect. Again, the hitsounds are annoying. He also gains power from it.
- "super remolino woohoo" does too much damage for a level 1 super, and he gains power from it.
- "Master Spark", only being a level 1 super, is screen-wide and almost completely drains an average character's lifebar, and he gains back power.
- "Laser Beam" is a level 3 super, and also is a screen-wide attack that also completely drains an average character's lifebar and gives back power. You also can't be hit during the startup.
- The vomiting super is a level 1 super that completely drains an average character's lifebar if some hits connect and gives back power. If a hit connects, the vomit moves a different layer from his mouth.
- I have no words for that finisher with the Touhou images. None.

;OTHER THINGS
- His crouching light punch sends him across the stage really fast for some reason.
- The "flying away" winpose uses the same Touhou pictures used in the finisher.
- While going through his .air file, I found very weird comments (in Spanish).

Let's just say that the statement of "Dave Is Good Character" isn't exactly true.

You know Minions has gotten... Pretty wide if it crosses over with Touhou.

I'm just going to assume the worst about those images. Already ran into something like that once before and I'd like to... Never go down that road again if I have to. Thanks for the warning(?)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...