Touka (from Aquapazza/Utawarerumono) Custom WIP

krudelu

Touka (from Aquapazza/Utawarerumono) Custom WIP

My very first project and my very first post in this thread. I'm still trying to figure out the ins and outs here so please bear with me on this one.

I also made a post in mugenguild as well so this would be more of a copy paste x.x. Just wanted spread the word and get feedback from numerous places if possible...

For now, I did the sprite alignment and did some CLSN work on some of the essential animations. Here's the list of what's done and not done yet in terms of essential animations

Spoiler

What's Done
-Standing Animation
-Stand and Crouch Turning Animation
-Stand to Crouch
-Crouching Animation
-Crouch  to Stand
-Walking forward and backward
-Jump Neutral, Forward, and backward
-Dash Forward and Backward
-stand, crouch, and air guard
-Stand/Air get hit high and recover animations (light, medium, heavy)
-Stand/Air get hit low and recover animations (light, medium, heavy)
-Crouch get hit and recover animations (light, medium, heavy)
-Stand/Air hit back and its transition
-Air Recover
-Air Fall animations
-Lie Down animations
-Hit Ground From Fall animations
-Fall Recover animations

What's missing
-Intro
-Win and Lose Animation
-Taunt
-Tripped/Sweeped Get Hit

===========================================================================================================================================================================================================================

So what will this "Custom Touka" have and not have then?

What she won't have:
-Emotion high/low
-Assists

What she'll have and retain:
-Most (if not all but I'll shoot for "all") of her moves from the source (Aquapazza)
-5 Power Bars just like the source
-Splash Art will still cost 3 Power bar with a requirement of the player needing to be at half health
-Heavy Smash and Resist Smash

NEW THINGS

EX Moves
This would be somewhat similar to the EX moves like SF that everyone knows. Here are the stuff I wanted to implement for this:
-Certain EX moves may be chained to certain moves that normally cannot be chained into specials and supers
-This will cost half a Power bar
-EX version of that special move will have enhanced properties to it.
-The "Emotion High" version of the Supers from the source will be now considered as EX version of Supers. It will have slightly increased damage compared to the source but using the EX version of the Super will cost additional half of the power bar on the top of using up the initial 1 power bar, meaning that the total cost would be 1 1/2 bar.
-Ex Moves can be chained from specials

Super Canceling
Pretty straightforward. Basically it's cancelling certain specials to super. Here are some possible super cancels that I have in mind:
-Special > Super

-Super > Splash Art

Others...
-Splash Art will get a slight increase compared to the source
-Maybe some property changes on certain moves on hit (most likely not but we'll see...).

So what would be the button layout?
Basically she's going to be four buttons but the D button will be replaced as a shortcut for the B+C from the source since she won't have an assist. So the layout would be like this:

A = Light Attack
B = Medium Attack
C = Heavy Attack
D = Heavy Smash (B+C in source)

As for the commands for the moves, moves will retain the motions except maybe for the Splash Art. I'll consider the changeable setting for changing the command for Splash Art.

Given the things she gets to keep and the things that got replaced by, what kind of gameplay would she have?
What I'm trying to go for is to make the "individual" stay strong even though losing the Assist system that it had from the source while keeping her playstyle, which is most likely space oriented. Also, despite the new mechanic I'm trying to replace Assist system with, I'm also trying to keep the footsie gameplay focus. As for the implementation of the new mechanics, this also add the ability to do more combos outside of the assists.

This is just the idea I'm thinking of implementing to the "Custom Touka" I'm trying to make. Feel free to discuss about this and maybe we can talk it out or something  ;D

==========================================================================================================================================================================================================================

I'll leave the WIP file like here so anyone can check my current sprite alignment and CLSN work
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ur6z684bxl8be2b/ToukaWIP.zip

If you guys can please leave any critique/feedback and/or constructive criticism regarding my current sprite alignment and CLSN work