Mugen 3D Mario fixed version!

Ali

1 hour ago, Ryon said:

What is the changes that you fixed?

Oh hi Ryon how are you, Super long time no see, Character had some errors, Just like the Wall jump, or power adds, etc..

After all thank you so much Ryon for helping me

Eh.. it's somewhat better, but still not much of an improvement in my personal opinion. Although it's nice that you fixed a few minor problems like the infinite wall jump, the major problems from the last build still persists, and that really is a huge disappointment...

Let's begin:

- Again... too many detailed CLSNs and hitboxes in most areas... Seriously? a larger hitbox inside a medium hitbox inside two smallers hitbox?

- When pressing both X and A, a debug error triggers: "PLAYER SMASH MARIO (56) IN STATE 63: CHANGED TO INVALID STATE 63 (FROM STATE 63)"

- For whatever reason, repeatedly tapping C while holding forward increases power...

- Again... the power level requirement issues from the last build still remains. A level 3 is needed for a level 1 move? That's nonsense...

- Mario's Bob-ombs require 1 Level, yet, it only takes only 500 of power.

- "Explod move" FX should be a projectile. Also, where's the transparency?

- Mario's new fireball could also use transparency.

- As I've mentioned in the first version of Mario, if Bros Attack is done on P2's side, it's useless. Another thing I noticed is that the hit counter drops twice.

- Because the Final Smash helper is coded as a normal/special/hyper attack attribute, stuff like this happens...

30c0a57adb864b169a58637632048bf1.png

- Again, Waluigi and Wario Summon only works if Mario's power is at Level 1.

- F.L.U.D.D no longer separates from Mario, which is good,, however, Mario no longer has a cornerpush. Speaking of which, When repeatedly performing the move, the F.L.U.D.D helper does not destroy itself. Now this is a huge issue because this can lead to problems with both Mario and the opponent's helpers to no longer function.

- The supercombo remains unchanged. The combo hit suddenly drops. Also, the way you have it set up is pretty odd here. 

- When P2 is squished from both Supercombo and SMB Hyper, it takes quite awhile to recover from it. This also persist from the last version.

- Cousins Attack again, triggers debug flood, just like the last build.

So there you have it. As the aforementioned above, it's a bit better, but not as good as I thought it would be. Also, I was looking through your code and I honestly can't digest the mistakes and unnecessary triggers you have in there...

...Now that this is bumped:

Mario's basics are a bit slow... His strong kick, strong punch and crouching kicks especially. Many of them are unsafe even on hit.

Also, the fire pillar hyper will be pushed back if the foe is too close to the wall. The effect will separate from Mario and the enemy won't take anymore damage from it unless they happen to move back into it.

If the enemy hits the space where Mario is during Mario Finale, it'll generate a clone of Mario that can be hit and stuff. Mario himself will be fine.

Cape can no longer be done on the ground. For some reason, it makes Mario "land" on the ground every time you try, but works fine in the air. Might need to turn enemies around, too, because as is it's kinda worthless due to it's very low damage output and it's kinda just another punch.

Mario can move and attack before the round begins. Also, his air movement is still pretty slow and drifty.

Roll's end frames might need to be clipped down a bit... It's really easy to get hit at the end. Really nice how it can dodge now, though.

What type of move is :left::down: :left::mkick:? It's some odd flip-type maneuver that hurts enemies at the very start? Is it supposed to be useful for escaping corner pressure? Mario can get hurt during the peak of the jump. I'm really just only unsure about what this attack is for, not really a complaint at all. 

Thank you so much for the fixes, though. He's so much better and somewhat more smooth than the first version. Maybe he could use rolling while laying down, too?

i don't know if it's just me but since downloading this mario randomly sounds in my other mario characters and other characters don't play anymore. it's weird but it may just be my mugen/headphones or the low quality mario. i'm not sure.

9 hours ago, Dissonance™ said:

Eh.. it's somewhat better, but still not much of an improvement in my personal opinion. Although it's nice that you fixed a few minor problems like the infinite wall jump, the major problems from the last build still persists, and that really is a huge disappointment...

Let's begin:

- Again... too many detailed CLSNs and hitboxes in most areas... Seriously? a larger hitbox inside a medium hitbox inside two smallers hitbox?

- When pressing both X and A, a debug error triggers: "PLAYER SMASH MARIO (56) IN STATE 63: CHANGED TO INVALID STATE 63 (FROM STATE 63)"

- For whatever reason, repeatedly tapping C while holding forward increases power...

- Again... the power level requirement issues from the last build still remains. A level 3 is needed for a level 1 move? That's nonsense...

- Mario's Bob-ombs require 1 Level, yet, it only takes about 300 or so of power.

- "Explod move" FX should be a projectile. Also, where's the transparency?

- Mario's new fireball could also use transparency.

- As I've mentioned in the first version of Mario, if Bros Attack is done on P2's side, it's useless. Another thing I noticed is that the hit counter drops twice.

- Because the Final Smash helper is coded as a normal/special/hyper attack attribute, stuff like this happens...

30c0a57adb864b169a58637632048bf1.png

- Again, Waluigi and Wario Summon only works if Mario's power is at Level 1.

- F.L.U.D.D no longer separates from Mario, which is good,, however, Mario no longer has a cornerpush. Speaking of which, When repeatedly performing the move, the F.L.U.D.D helper does not destroy itself. Now this is a huge issue because this can lead to problems with both Mario and the opponent's helpers to no longer function.

- The supercombo remains unchanged. The combo hit suddenly drops. Also, the way you have it set up is pretty odd here. 

- When P2 is squished from both Supercombo and SMB Hyper, it takes quite awhile to recover from it. This also persist from the last version.

- Cousins Attack again, triggers debug flood, just like the last build.

So there you have it. As the aforementioned above, it's a bit better, but not as good as I thought it would be. Also, I was looking through your code and I honestly can't digest the mistakes and unnecessary triggers you have in there...

Ahh come on... There is no problem with this character anymore. Clsns are not REALLY important as you are saying. The level of helpers doesm't matter. look at their damage. transparency isn't important. those fx are so better without transparency. Character has no more bad errors. Also, Edit your video about "in the name of mario bla bla" it is kinda rude

8 hours ago, cartwheel champion said:

...Now that this is bumped:

Mario's basics are a bit slow... His strong kick, strong punch and crouching kicks especially. Many of them are unsafe even on hit.

Also, the fire pillar hyper will be pushed back if the foe is too close to the wall. The effect will separate from Mario and the enemy won't take anymore damage from it unless they happen to move back into it.

If the enemy hits the space where Mario is during Mario Finale, it'll generate a clone of Mario that can be hit and stuff. Mario himself will be fine.

Cape can no longer be done on the ground. For some reason, it makes Mario "land" on the ground every time you try, but works fine in the air. Might need to turn enemies around, too, because as is it's kinda worthless due to it's very low damage output and it's kinda just another punch.

Mario can move and attack before the round begins. Also, his air movement is still pretty slow and drifty.

Roll's end frames might need to be clipped down a bit... It's really easy to get hit at the end. Really nice how it can dodge now, though.

What type of move is :left::down: :left::mkick:? It's some odd flip-type maneuver that hurts enemies at the very start? Is it supposed to be useful for escaping corner pressure? Mario can get hurt during the peak of the jump. I'm really just only unsure about what this attack is for, not really a complaint at all. 

Thank you so much for the fixes, though. He's so much better and somewhat more smooth than the first version. Maybe he could use rolling while laying down, too?

I'll do it later. this days I'm too busy.

10 hours ago, Ali said:

Clsns are not REALLY important as you are saying.

THawk_crstrng3.png

So CLSNs aren't important to you if you see something like this in fighting games? You shouldn't be creating MUGEN characters, nor looking into video game programming if collision boxes are not an importance to you.

10 hours ago, Ali said:

The level of helpers doesm't matter. look at their damage.

Have you NOT tested your character in Arcade/Vs. Mode? You can't activate a Lv. 1 super unless your level is MAX'd up, which is ridiculous. If you have a Lv. 3 super that drains all three levels, then yeah, that's correct, but it also depends how appropriate how much damage it inflicts.

10 hours ago, Ali said:

transparency isn't important. those fx are so better without transparency.

I've never said it was important, keep your cool there buddy. It was only a suggestion, and that's fine if you stick with your opinion.

10 hours ago, Ali said:

Character has no more bad errors. Also, Edit your video about "in the name of mario bla bla" it is kinda rude

Hey that's fine. If you believe Mario doesn't contain any more errors, it doesn't, though the aforementioned posts says something else...

Thanks for the shout out! I really appreciate It!

However, I found several errors in your character:

30c0a57adb864b169a58637632048bf1.png&key

1. This image showcases some very odd CLSN boxes. Why does Mario's stomach (the one that's lying down) appear to be deadly, and the rest of his body is simply hittable? Lie down poses should not be hittable nor deadly to the opponent.

2. I recently watched Dissonance's video on your Mario, and I noticed that several of his basic attacks seem more powerful than they should be. Same goes for the summonable characters.

3. How come two summonable characters can appear at once? It just seems cheap to have one helper attack, then the other immediately attacks the opponent shortly afterward.

HI AND THANKS FOR THE REPLY, MOLTAR. about those problems,

1. I just added clsn2 to the lying down animation. the red box is rook's.

2. Dissonance's video is from old version of mario. this is fixed one.

3.there is no problem, it's one of speccials that's not cheap, friend :)

2 hours ago, Ali said:

After all, thnx dizzy mugen, thanks cartwheel champion, and thnx moltar, I FIXED THOSE ERRORS AND, THE FINAL FINAL VERSION WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR CHRISTMAS!

I don't want to sound spoiled or anything, but do you think there could be an alternative gameplay for him that is more accurate to SSBB?

If you're still working on the final version, here's what i got for your fixed one.:

- Air recovery (and in mid-air) animation missing

- Jump Light punch can be performed infinitely

- Might I suggest making the F.L.U.D.D water noises when it fires out? Instead of mario saying: "HIYAH HIYAH!"

- The fireball in air takes too long for it to come out even though mario sticks out his hand for firing.

- Also make the commands more easier to activate so it wouldn't be such a hard gameplay to begin with. (Just a suggestion)

- Luigi's negative zone is underpowered

- Bullet Bill hyper: Why does he liedown dead during the animation? Maybe you should put in the crouch animation instead of liedown.

- Smb Helpers: The helpers come out behind mario which makes it kinda weird. Maybe I should suggest putting postype = Back and the pos should be -55. That's what I do for my helpers. :) Also, when he's smashed by a thwomp it takes too long for mario to pop back up. And maybe reduce the envshaking power it does after Thwomp lands

-Special Fireball Hyper: Mario gets dizzy after the animation is done.

- Super beam: When p2 gets hit I suggest make a fall state in the hitdef, so it would look like the super beam is pwning mario hard.

- Lower the damage for koopa troopa stampede hyper

That's all the feedback. I appreciate your hard work on this fixed version, but you should probably fix these problems.

Oh, yeah. One last thing. For some reason, Mario's guarding breaks. What I mean is that Mario will take out his shield even when he's not being attacked which won't let him move backwards or be able to do any attacks involving moving backwards. Seems to happen at complete random.