Ditto joins MUGEN... but I need your help!

DLF

19 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

So what is the difference between the four versions outside of knife count and why should I use anything other than the heavy or EX version?

19 hours ago, Weiss_Circal said:

Yeah, he should fix that.....

Lets see...

Light and Medium throw once. Heavy throws 3 times and EX throws 5 times but faster animation compared to other versions.

Each version does individual damage.

Light = 72

Medium = 108

Heavy = 38 x 3 = 114

EX = 24 x 5 = 120

In the future, Hard will throw 1 knife instead and EX 5 like DIO's Knife Throw in Heritage for the Future.

And add Blood Hit Spark.

And I repeat, what's the point in me using anything other than the heavy/EX version? From what you're describing, the light and medium versions are completely inferior to the heavy and EX versions, which is not how Specials should be. Let's take a simple Hadouken and Shoryuken into account:

L.Hadouken travels the slowest, but it comes out the quickest.

M.Hadouken travels faster than L.Hadouken, but comes out slower.

H.Hadouken is the fastest version, but is the slowest to come out and thus the most punishable.

L.Shoryuken doesn't go as high as the other versions, though this naturally makes it less punishable.

M.Shoryuken goes higher than L.Shoryuken, but also features startup invulnerability, making it a good reversal.

H.Shoryuken goes the highest, but is subsequently the most punishable; you don't want to be throwing this one out due to how unsafe it is, though its higher damage output makes it something to be used during a combo; since it also travels higher, it covers more range than the other two.

EX versions are usually enhanced versions of Specials due to the Power requirement, so it's fine to make them seemingly "better" than the other versions (though this isn't always the case; some might take the startup of M.Special and combine it with the damage and speed of H.Special, with L.Special remaining the safest option).

The point is, each version of a Special should have its own purpose, rather than the heavy version being the best.

1 hour ago, GarchompMatt said:

L.Hadouken travels the slowest, but it comes out the quickest.

M.Hadouken travels faster than L.Hadouken, but comes out slower.

H.Hadouken is the fastest version, but is the slowest to come out and thus the most punishable.

L.Shoryuken doesn't go as high as the other versions, though this naturally makes it less punishable.

M.Shoryuken goes higher than L.Shoryuken, but also features startup invulnerability, making it a good reversal.

H.Shoryuken goes the highest, but is subsequently the most punishable; you don't want to be throwing this one out due to how unsafe it is, though its higher damage output makes it something to be used during a combo; since it also travels higher, it covers more range than the other two.

EX versions are usually enhanced versions of Specials due to the Power requirement, so it's fine to make them seemingly "better" than the other versions (though this isn't always the case; some might take the startup of M.Special and combine it with the damage and speed of H.Special, with L.Special remaining the safest option).

The point is, each version of a Special should have its own purpose, rather than the heavy version being the best.

This is something that never crossed my mind. Thanks Matt.

I remembered that in USFIV, Ryu can cancel his Light and Medium versions of Shoryuken for 2 Bars. This excludes Heavy since it is very risky to perform, thus making the Light Version the fastest and safest in tournament play.

4 minutes ago, RoySquadRocks said:

I have a suggestion: Transform into King Knight and dash 'n' slash toward the opponent with his staff. Love the Sakuya special. 

Thanks RoySquadRocks. Do you mind if a borrow King Knight's Sprites and Animations from your Shovel Knigt Char?

48b.gif

8 minutes ago, Weiss_Circal said:

Thx. But the damage on the EX version is a bit too much.

Too powerfull? OK.