mugenarchive needs help

Jirobou

5 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

click on the (?) icon and you'll see what it is

and sure the wikia does that right in that particular page, but it would be insane work to do this for everything, generator is a much more realistic option to document creations *MASSIVELY*

I've started writing a few character reviews for the mugen archive, i think i should be vip soon

3 hours ago, TMC55 said:

If they need money to survive why not... I don't know find a job? Seems like they're just getting money for other people's work, that's not an excuse to defend them and what they're doing. You're pretty much just spouting nonsense.

the server fees could go up to 500 bucks, even if you had a job, it would be insane to pay that much for a hobby

what if the owner has a family and kids? you're one selfish spoiled kid if you expect him to pay that much from his spare money

1 hour ago, Алексей said:

And you know this to be true because...?

because if you ask them to give you proof of adfly virus they outright ban you

that shows the bunch of hypocrites they are

they know there's no virus proof and they'll ban anyone who points it out

7 minutes ago, Jirobou said:

the server fees could go up to 500 bucks, even if you had a job, it would be insane to pay that much for a hobby

what if the owner has a family and kids? you're one selfish spoiled kid if you expect him to pay that much from his spare money

That's really his problem and no one else's. No one is requiring nor demanding the site to exist. It was the owner's choice and thus deals with the consequence.

7 minutes ago, Jirobou said:

because if you ask them to give you proof of adfly virus they outright ban you

that shows the bunch of hypocrites they are

they know there's no virus proof and they'll ban anyone who points it out

How is that proof? I could question it right now to Iced in PM or in that thread and not get banned. Why? Because I don't make a big deal of things usually over there or annoy people on a constant basis. Those who get banned are usually in that category. You sound like you are speaking from experience over there. Did they tell you why you got banned? What was the last thing you said over there before you got banned? (Assuming you got banned and are speaking from experience)

so if some people repetitively make serious accusations without proof

and you ask them to provide a proof, you do it for the sole purpose of annoying them?

not because you legitimately want to see a proof that could back up these serious accusations?

and by all means yes please ask Iced a proof, I really want to see that proof

NOPE!! seriously don't do it, just don't, he won't be able to provide a proof anyway because there isn't any, all you'll achieve is make him go hostile over you

8 pages of nonsense trolling and white-knighting does nothing to further your case.

-Adfly is gaining revenue using mugen creations as it's source.(Regardless of whether adlfy has viruses/malware or not)
-Downloads are limited to active members of the forum.(Why?)

And under the guise of community, these two points alone negate any sense of the word.

I am glad MugenArchive exists.I truly am. It's just operating a little differently than most mugen forums.

On the virus bit, the people who run adfly aren't the ones who give the content of the ads. They are probably reviewed before they are displayed to anyone, but the company/person advertising could easily change it after it's been approved to add some malicious code. If you do come across something like that again, just report it to the people who run adfly. 

That being said, THIS is the reason adfly is sketchy... at least to me... 

16 minutes ago, Jirobou said:

so if some people repetitively make serious accusations without proof

and you ask them to provide a proof, you do it for the sole purpose of annoying them?

not because you legitimately want to see a proof that could back up these serious accusations?

I don't know what you've said to them, but it's probably more than just that. I've been at MFG for years, read a lot of different threads, and seen a bunch of people get banned. Some even came here and got banned for the same reason(s), and we don't like banning people here. I can't say for your case because I really don't know. Can you post here or PM me what exactly got you banned over there; a thread, post, something?

at least you don't talk irrationally of adfly

however

Before any ads go live, we review them for any malware. Ads are also constantly monitored 24/7 and anything reported as abuse is removed quickly. If advertisers make changes to their campaign, their ad will be put on hold for another review.

source adfly forum

adflyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=56982

and about downloads limited to active members, that 's only during community weekends afaik

currently anybody can download, even unregistered users

Just now, KBN22 said:

Downloads are limited to active members of the forum.(Why?)

Because they want more people to join their community and thus making them more unlikable. I just want some files I don't want to join an entire new community

Just now, Jirobou said:

and about downloads limited to active members, that 's only during community weekends afaik

currently anybody can download, even unregistered users

Yeah only downloading files lower than a certain byte also what if I wanted to download during the weekend then I had to wait because of their greediness of members

Just now, Starmie said:

Because they want more people to join their community and thus making them more unlikable. I just want some files I don't want to join an entire new community

I agree. I have the same exact mindset when it comes to forums and other services. In most cases, I never want to be apart of their communities. That's why MC was created with my own mindset in mind, thinking others might have the same. Downloads were open to anyone, even if you were banned.