mugenarchive needs help

Jirobou

21 hours ago, Jirobou said:

How is mediafire any better?

MFFA fees are not the problem, it is on shared server so it's almost free compared to the 500 bucks per month dedicated plans

but since we aren't on ded we can't host much content here and we use mediafire for storage, and that where money gets involved

mediafire has the worst ads I have ever seen, unblockable popups that freeze my computer, so again how is it any better than adfly, and how do you get massive storage plan with no money involved anywhere

Sounds like it's more troublesome in your hands. even though mediafire has pop ups and ads, at least it doesn't restrict file sizes to download. And despite it not having all the extra space to put stuff in, at least you're not obliged to do so since you can always just put stuff in and out without a hassle. in Mugen Archive, you pretty much have to do something in-order to literally get a simple file despite so.

So it's pretty much true that paid content on a freeware really doesn't mix together and adfly is the worst since I had a hard time even getting the things I need.

On 01/12/2016 at 3:33 AM, Xenocard said:

Sounds like it's more troublesome in your hands. even though mediafire has pop ups and ads, at least it doesn't restrict file sizes to download. And despite it not having all the extra space to put stuff in, at least you're not obliged to do so since you can always just put stuff in and out without a hassle. in Mugen Archive, you pretty much have to do something in-order to literally get a simple file despite so.

So it's pretty much true that paid content on a freeware really doesn't mix together and adfly is the worst since I had a hard time even getting the things I need.

The download limit is because of leech who use a download accelerator, it has nothing to do with adfly.

And yes you have to register an account on archive, but the good side is they won't delete files after 30 days of no download, like mediafire and others do, so at least you know your links are safe, and you can download whenever you need it.

So yeah you have failed to prove how mediafire is any better than adfly. For me it's far worse, at least adfly ads don't freeze my computer, they are annoying because sometimes there are noisy video but at least they don't cause freezing or other crap like this.

Just now, Jirobou said:

The download limit is because of leech who use a download accelerator, it has nothing to do with adfly.

And yes you have to register an account on archive, but the good side is they won't delete files after 30 days of no download, like mediafire and others do, so at least you know your links are safe, and you can download whenever you need it.

So yeah you have failed to prove how mediafire is any better than adfly. For me it's far worse, at least adfly ads don't freeze my computer, they are annoying because sometimes there are noisy video but at least they don't cause freezing or other crap like this.

I avoid the ads on MediaFire by Right Clicking on the download link then hitting save link as and then exiting quickly as possible. Just don't left click and you'll be fine. Also Task Manager could close the ads. Mugen Archive is really bad because like Xenocard says they require too much just to download one file and it's a pain. I remember that they gave all low rank members punishment for a week and they can't instantly download and had to wait a long time even if they're signed in. And one time all new accounts were deleted due to a bug and no one could create new accounts so that's why I left that website for good.

Let's be honest, the main crux of the thing is, look at this site's slogan and name. Free for all. Not, get money with shitty malware filled ads and registration limits, making things inconvenient for the users which are the ones that need the service.

A site that tries to rip off its user base asking help from here seems a bit odd don't you think?

Dizzy has also gone on record to say that he dislikes leechers, despite the fact that they themselves leech off other websites to fill up their collections. My understanding is that they don't even allow links back to the original download location, which ends up hurting the creators they rely so much on; they should really have it so the original author's link is the primary download, and if that goes offline, they resort to their own backup.

11 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

Dizzy has also gone on record to say that he dislikes leachers, despite the fact that they themselves leach off other websites to fill up their collections.

Talk about a whole new level of hypocrisy.

16 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

Dizzy has also gone on record to say that he dislikes leachers, despite the fact that they themselves leach off other websites to fill up their collections. My understanding is that they don't even allow links back to the original download location, which ends up hurting the creators they rely so much on; they should really have it so the original author's link is the primary download, and if that goes offline, they resort to their own backup.

something tells me this is all bullshit, source or it didn't happen

and btw mediafire links die too, less quickly than sendspace but they definitely die

here we have tons of mediafire dead links

4 hours ago, vgma2 said:

Complaints about ads on Mediafire?
Since when did ad blockers stop working on Mediafire?

yeah i have adblock and mediafire still manages to fire popups

I wouldn't complain if the popups didn't freeze my browser, downloading from mediafire is now a nightmare

Not to be redundant but have you tried right clicking the green download button then hitting save link as and save the file? Ads can be avoided if you do this. Also MediaFire isn't the only site people use. People use OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox and Mega which Mega gives you a lot of storage for free and all of these are ad free. 

On 05/12/2016 at 4:08 AM, Jirobou said:

something tells me this is all bullshit, source or it didn't happen

I'm sure Dizzy said it in either one of those anti-leech week event threads, or in their thread regarding the little scuffle a while ago. Then again, the whole premise of an anti-leech week event suggests this anyway.

On 05/12/2016 at 4:08 AM, Jirobou said:

and btw mediafire links die too, less quickly than sendspace but they definitely die

here we have tons of mediafire dead links

yeah i have adblock and mediafire still manages to fire popups

I wouldn't complain if the popups didn't freeze my browser, downloading from mediafire is now a nightmare

They die because of two reasons:
1. The uploader removes them.
2. MediaFire takes the file down for copyright infringement.

I've had a file up there since 2011 that has a grand total of 0 downloads and it still works. Maybe they delete inactive files from inactive accounts, but I've yet to see any evidence to support that.

On 12/3/2016 at 1:05 PM, Jirobou said:

I think the others covered that up for me. The ads in MediaFire you can handle through fine at least. And yeesh the fact Dizzy said that when he hates leechers when others do at that site is just... wrong.

On 05/12/2016 at 11:07 PM, Xenocard said:

I think the others covered that up for me. The ads in MediaFire you can handle through fine at least. And yeesh the fact Dizzy said that when he hates leechers when others do at that site is just... wrong.

I wouldn't trust his word on that unless he can provide a source

He has a record of twisting things a lot, since he always had something personal against mugenarchive

@Starmie I did try right click on firefox but it still fires the popups, even more than normal clicks, and my browser is still frozen for a while when I do it. mediafire has become my worst internet nightmare tbh :(

it seems you're the only one who have issues on MF and i find it hilarious

in MF popups is very easy to dealt with

while on that site needs a few secs to get that file you wanted

but seriously if he hates leechers to the core of his life (lol)

why did he bother create the site since he knows theres a leecher is practically normal in every sites even here and the guild

if he really hates it he shouldn't bother create that site in the first place

well sucks to be them who's having issue on MF since not all people have issues on MF

besides its very easy to deal that popup since i been several dl some chars few days ago (getting update of rice stuffs those popups is a no problem in my case since i just close it simple as that

its a lie? i loled alot man you still white knighting that site and i tell you this i been a member there before that silly adfly fiasco goes in the picture i been back and forth returning on mugen to get some chars in some sites from their official site before they been gone if they are gone honestly i been getting some stuffs there sure but you cant multiple DL in their site which is i experience it alot of crap need to wait before i can dl another one 

not only that screw the limit of getting their stuffs besides their forum is dead from that time before that adfly crap fiasco appears (since i intendedly forget that site when i found MFG and MFFA (before it was Mugen Infantry was very active long ago before it dies)

I simply think that AdFly is dangerous for people who never seen them because they will hit the "Your _____ is outdated" download which is a virus, while MediaFire is simple ads that you can X out and are harmless to your computer

I think Mugen Archive is not doing it's job correctly because the AdFly threat to new members. It was clear that non-members use download accelerators to bypass the wait time and get what they want and this is when they got butthurt and calls these people "leechers." And this is how AdFly is born in MA, but what about the low ranked members? Well I think that MA got upset that these members only wanted to make an account to download quickly (like me) and then AdFly for some reason affects them too. It's sad how they're being so overprotective over some files that weren't created by them just hosted, and I think that's the main flaw of MA. Download Sites should be easy and safe to download from and MA isn't a great download site (And why I hate 4Shared).

Just now, Jirobou said:

if it's because of ads then why do you use mediafire which has even worse ads? it really makes no damn sense to me

It's his and lots of members' opinion so don't say this.

virus on adfly are like aliens, lots of people believe in it, but there is no proof

i have yet to see one evidence of virus on adfly

if you have evidence then by all means show it now, not another time, now

post some online scans of infected adfly ads, use virustotal.com it is the best online scan

if you can't post a proof then just accept that there is no virus until proven otherwise

never had a problem with adfly ads myself, the biggest bother is you have to wait 5sec, and sometimes there is a noisy video that i have to mute

but this is nothing compared to mediafire popup ads which are freezing my whole browser, for at least 20 freaking seconds

and sometimes i have to kill firefox because it won't respond anymore even after a while

mediafire ads are cancerous to me, and much much worse than adfly ads

really i believe all of this is plain hypocrisy

you criticize adfly ads, make up some bullshit virus story, and you don't say anything about mediafire cancerous ads, plain hypocrisy I tell ya

The hilarious part is that nobody here other than yourself appears to be having issues with MediaFire's ads, especially not to the browser-freezing extent you're having; for all we know, you could be making it up in an attempt to justify the usage of adf.ly on the Archive.

But fine, I'll reason with you. Though I have yet to come across a MediaFire ad that forced me to sit through it before I was able to access a file (which may or may not instead hijack my browser), I will admit that sometimes clicking on the download button redirects to a sponsored website (but still downloads the file), though this is easily bypassed by right-clicking the download button and opening the link in a new tab or saving the link; no extensions required.

As for proof of adf.ly being dangerous, a while ago when I was searching for Ruben's Final Destination, I managed to come across his website and attempted to see if the download link still worked, which it did, but it was behind an adf.ly link. After waiting the required amount of time, it redirected me to a blank website with a javascript popup that prevented me from closing or navigating away from the tab, so naturally a terminated Chrome via Task Manager and ran a virus scan. Viewing my Chrome history showed that before being redirected to that weird website, it had actually attempted to go to MediaFire where the file is stored (and that's how I managed to get the file). If you refuse to believe me, I'm sure Ruben's website is still out there if you want to try your luck, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Just now, Jirobou said:

really i believe all of this is plain hypocrisy

you criticize adfly ads, make up some bullshit virus story, and you don't say anything about mediafire cancerous ads, plain hypocrisy I tell ya

It isn't hypocrisy because only you have trouble with MediaFire and we don't 

12 hours ago, Jirobou said:

no idea why you're so hateful dude

if it's because of ads then why do you use mediafire which has even worse ads? it really makes no damn sense to me

me hateful? you cant be serious right?

as for that question well mostly my stage works is on MF and they work fine worse as in problem at all about le ads lol i have no issue on that i just simply close it and done deal