mugenarchive needs help

Jirobou

The Mugen Archive nowadays is like the Mugen site equivalent to Donald Trump, they have good points, but they've got many problems that still make them a bad decision.

And I quote: "Unregistered users may not download files larger than 4 MB" That's a borderline ridiculous and very strict law for all the Mugenites wanting to get a link. 

13 minutes ago, SSBK65 said:

And I quote: "Unregistered users may not download files larger than 4 MB" That's a borderline ridiculous and very strict law for all the Mugenites wanting to get a link. 

That restriction is in place because people were allegedly using download accelerators, though whether or not people actually were using them is anyone's guess; perhaps it's just a sneaky way to try and get people to register.

I apologize to you two. From what I've heard though, I just thought that would be a fitting comparison. I know what Mugen Archive does but I can't judge a president from other opinions. I'm getting off topic with this. I really don't talk about politics at all, and that's why.

all you need is an email for an account seriously, took me a couple of minutes to get my account on ma just like it took me a couple of minutes for my mffa account

if you get banned, welp make a dupe i guess, or even better don't get yourself banned

1 hour ago, Jirobou said:

all you need is an email for an account seriously, took me a couple of minutes to get my account on ma just like it took me a couple of minutes for my mffa account

if you get banned, welp make a dupe i guess, or even better don't get yourself banned

there is no need to ask people who are on a forum to ask them to join another one if you want files that are not up on there yet get your lazy ass up and do it your self they have spoken that they dont wish to do so please be respectful 

7 hours ago, SSBK65 said:

The Mugen Archive nowadays is like the Mugen site equivalent to Donald Trump, they have good points, but they've got many problems that still make them a bad decision.

no where near as bad

8 hours ago, Darklight said:

there is no need to ask people who are on a forum to ask them to join another one if you want files that are not up on there yet get your lazy ass up and do it your self they have spoken that they dont wish to do so please be respectful 

chill friend, i'm just replying to those who make it sounds like it's impossible to download on ma, that's bs, all you need is an email and ta-da!

9 minutes ago, Jirobou said:

chill friend, i'm just replying to those who make it sounds like it's impossible to download on ma, that's bs, all you need is an email and ta-da!

first off iam not your friend.

secondly your becoming annoying and coming off very disrespectful by keeping it up after everyone told you they have no interests in signing up to another forum if it was up to me id give you a warning but since its not id say let it go 

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/11/2016 at 6:02 PM, SSBK65 said:

they need an affiliate with free, no money involved

dude, how can you expect massive storage with no money involved?

ever heard of massive storage sites with no ads? no because it doesn't exist, no because storage has a cost and someone has to pay

mediafire is full of ads, so is 4shared etc... in fact mediafire is far worse than mugenarchive because they have these nasty unblockable popups that freeze my browser

and mediafire is what ffa uses 90% of the time, so really it's all hypocrisy

3 hours ago, Jirobou said:

dude, how can you expect massive storage with no money involved?

ever heard of massive storage sites with no ads? no because it doesn't exist, no because storage has a cost and someone has to pay

mediafire is full of ads, so is 4shared etc... in fact mediafire is far worse than mugenarchive because they have these nasty unblockable popups that freeze my browser

and mediafire is what ffa uses 90% of the time, so really it's all hypocrisy

Clearly you've never used Dropbox then

1 minute ago, Jirobou said:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/15

<-- you need paid pro account for big storage, so money is still involved

Of course, but dropbox doesn't force ads, that's why.

The problem here is pretty simple really, most people who are into Mugen are poor, this is a fact. I can confirm it.

So paided things for a FREE engine don't really work well together.

we all agree downloads must be free, but the question is can you have massive storage online with no money involved, the answer is no, it doesn't exist

the reason is simple, servers don't grow on trees, someone has to pay the bill, always, so money will always be involved in a way or another

ad money, subscriptions, pro accounts, whatever, but believing money can be not involved is being ignorant

money is always involved even on mffa

8 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

The money used to keep MFFA up comes from both donations and the two people who offered to pay the majority of the fees.

Adf.ly is one of the worst ways a website can earn money.

How is mediafire any better?

MFFA fees are not the problem, it is on shared server so it's almost free compared to the 500 bucks per month dedicated plans

but since we aren't on ded we can't host much content here and we use mediafire for storage, and that where money gets involved

mediafire has the worst ads I have ever seen, unblockable popups that freeze my computer, so again how is it any better than adfly, and how do you get massive storage plan with no money involved anywhere

I'm the type of dude who doesn't mind if there's a few ads or 2 on this forum as long as there's no pop-ups and stuffs like that involved 

So that it'll add something dynamic and make the forum less visually boring

Maybe we can add a small section including the other forums we're affliated with?