mugenarchive needs help

Jirobou

Requesting assistance: we need to archive all MUGEN data from axfc now

by 8934hg983h434

Published on 5th November 2016 10:48

Downloads that were once working on the axfc uploader have been becoming broken or corrupted left and right. I find this very worrying because if nothing is done, we risk losing a whole lot of MUGEN data forever, each day that goes by.

For this reason, I would like to request assistance from these places that I know frequently posts links to axfc.

<Mod Edit: Link Removed>

I would help but I don't know anything about uploading at mugenarchive, so you do it guys

With the sheer amount of great content that's on there, they need an affiliate with free, no money involved or member only downloads. I wonder why it even changed the download policy. The Mugen Archive is biting more off than it can chew if they're asking for all the stuff from AXFC. Too bad Muvluv is dead, a site like that would be perfect for uploading that stuff in one big archive. MA shouldn't be trying to do this unless it goes back to what it was back then, but I'm just saying.

The lesser of two evils. I feel bad for MUGEN Archive but I don't wanna help... It has good stuff but stuck with money involved ads with member only downloads that kinda tarnish the "freeware" part of M.U.G.E.N. with it's download policy so I think it's best if these characters hosted at axfc where shared at somewhere else than Mugen Archive.

41 minutes ago, SSBK65 said:

With the sheer amount of great content that's on there, they need an affiliate with free, no money involved or member only downloads. I wonder why it even changed the download policy. The Mugen Archive is biting more off than it can chew if they're asking for all the stuff from AXFC. Too bad Muvluv is dead, a site like that would be perfect for uploading that stuff in one big archive. MA shouldn't be trying to do this unless it goes back to what it was back then, but I'm just saying.

If it means anything, GameBanana has a M.U.G.E.N section.

but mediafire has ads too even them nasty popup that I can't block

hosting is never free and there is always someone who must pay so why is it a big deal?

and it's members only because of DL accelerators so blame people with their DL accelerators that ruin websites

11 minutes ago, Jirobou said:

and it's members only because of DL accelerators so blame people with their DL accelerators that ruin websites

So they claim.

Point is, anyone who's been permanently banned there (and that's quite a lot of people after the kerfuffle a while ago) cannot download from that website unless the file is small enough.

2 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

You're not permanently banned for questioning the website's motives.

no iam not however there been a few times i have personally questioning the website's motives. there also been a few times i should have gotten ban and still am not why your guess is as good as my. i dont really go there as often as i did due to getting countless messages from other users either on there or the ones who got ban on here but i dont see any of the adfly ads unless its for non registered users?

I have not forgotten the bullshit that site has pulled on me and many others. To this day I am still perma-banned in there for no reason besides lies along with a majority of fellow mugen players/creators.

Why on our daily lives should we even consider helping them if they cannot realize that what they've done was rather stupid.

15 hours ago, Dissonance ♪ ™ said:

You don't say? Then that means MFFA is a scam?

nope, MFFA isn't an archive, it is an index. the difference between hosting or not hosting

BTW can you fix the dead links in your sites?

@GarchompMatt & @Flowrellik

please do not be selfish, sorry you got banned but preserving history is serious stuff, we don't want mugen content to be lost by the day even more

4 hours ago, Jirobou said:

please do not be selfish, sorry you got banned but preserving history is serious stuff, we don't want mugen content to be lost by the day even more

But it's effectively lost for anyone who isn't an established member of the Archive. If a website is dedicated to preserving content, especially if that content is for a freeware fighting game engine, then it shouldn't have any kind of usage restrictions.

Besides, those of us who are banned can't help out the Archive anyway.

1 hour ago, Dumanios said:

Doesn't mugencharacters.ucoz still exist?

Also, archiving characters here would achieve much the same thing as with mugen archive, but better.

yes it still exists but some of the links are dead as for the forum that i dont no

6 hours ago, Jirobou said:

nope, MFFA isn't an archive, it is an index. the difference between hosting or not hosting

BTW can you fix the dead links in your sites?

@Jirobou if you feel that strongly why dont you do it rather then to keep asing others who already voice there opinion as to why they dont want to

22 hours ago, Flowrellik said:

I have not forgotten the bullshit that site has pulled on me and many others. To this day I am still perma-banned in there for no reason besides lies along with a majority of fellow mugen players/creators.

Why on our daily lives should we even consider helping them if they cannot realize that what they've done was rather stupid.

they said you attack them got the answer today from dizzy