What happened?

RobotMonkeyHead

I'm currently writing a script that's triggered by my calendar to download a backup of the entire forum either nightly or every 3 days.  All admins will have access to these backups, so once that's up and running, it'll be safe to say that this won't be happening again any time in the near future.  I'll post once it's up and running.

I wanted to shared a idea that can improve this site because its really a good Idea and suggestion and think of its as back up for the future

but for future plans I feel that you guys should have a second person and 3rd person that can have control of the website and keep it in working order and so if  something happen or when things goes wrong and there no way to get of hold of RMH. at least you can pick a trusty person on your staff and have full control the forums and keep the website stable and keep it running. If anything bad happen you have the staff to over look the problem. In hand, ALSO to avoid any drama and keep the members updated and posted on what is happen to the forum. Make a General Channel By using Discord and create a Mugen free for all Discord Channel and also Twitter if you already have one. This way people don't have to go to other Mugen Forum asking what is going on  Mugen free for all. This way we can avoid any unnecessary fairy tales and be more aware of the Main Facts.

Having a REAL STAFF is good choose because if RMH is hard to reach and...

THERE NO WAY TO GET OF HOLD OF HIM......................................

The New Staff can take action by fixing and restoring the MFFA Forums or find someone that can do the job when RMH is away from vacation or when he away from an important mission.

its just a idea and suggestion hope that help everyone :cheer:

On 11/9/2016 at 2:42 AM, OldGamer said:

I wanted to shared a idea that can improve this site because its really a good Idea and suggestion and think of its as back up for the future

but for future plans I feel that you guys should have a second person and 3rd person that can have control of the website and keep it in working order and so if  something happen or when things goes wrong and there no way to get of hold of RMH. at least you can pick a trusty person on your staff and have full control the forums and keep the website stable and keep it running. If anything bad happen you have the staff to over look the problem. In hand, ALSO to avoid any drama and keep the members updated and posted on what is happen to the forum. Make a General Channel By using Discord and create a Mugen free for all Discord Channel and also Twitter if you already have one. This way people don't have to go to other Mugen Forum asking what is going on  Mugen free for all. This way we can avoid any unnecessary fairy tales and be more aware of the Main Facts.

We've actually talked a little bit about this already.  The problem with taking new people on and giving them that kind of access is that it's almost impossible to give them enough to do anything without giving them TOO much.  It's a lot of trust to put in a new person, and me and Алескей have decided to do that part ourselves for the time being.  

I have considered the idea of taking on a sort of 'tech board' so to speak.  Something like a group of a few people to keep an eye on things, alert us to security risks, double check addons and updates, make general suggestions etc.  Then leave the actual doing to Алескей and myself.  This is only a loose possibility at the moment however, there is nothing solid as of now.

Good call on the Discord thing.  The funny thing about that idea is that we just created a staff chat on there a few days ago, so we can all stay in contact during down times.  It's been working out great, and literally about an hour before I read this post I was on Discord staff chat thinking of setting up an MFFA server on there for everyone.  That's hopefully going to happen very soon, still have to clear it with the rest of staff tho.

I don't know where the thing about me going on vacation came from.  I saw someone say that on mfg, and I was a little confused.  No, during all of our downtime, I'm typically working my ass off, pouring ridiculous amounts of time (just about all I can afford) into getting everything fixed and working again as quickly as possible.  It just takes that long for us to fix it, between conversations trying to narrow down and diagnosing the problem, talking to tech support when necessary, general communication coordination (we all mostly used different apps). Problems were arising with speculations over at mfg because it was difficult for staff to stay in touch during down times, but that's since been solved with the discord staff chat.  And may get even easier very soon.

7 hours ago, RobotMonkeyHæd said:

We've actually talked a little bit about this already.  The problem with taking new people on and giving them that kind of access is that it's almost impossible to give them enough to do anything without giving them TOO much.  It's a lot of trust to put in a new person, and me and Алескей have decided to do that part ourselves for the time being.  

I have considered the idea of taking on a sort of 'tech board' so to speak.  Something like a group of a few people to keep an eye on things, alert us to security risks, double check addons and updates, make general suggestions etc.  Then leave the actual doing to Алескей and myself.  This is only a loose possibility at the moment however, there is nothing solid as of now.

Good call on the Discord thing.  The funny thing about that idea is that we just created a staff chat on there a few days ago, so we can all stay in contact during down times.  It's been working out great, and literally about an hour before I read this post I was on Discord staff chat thinking of setting up an MFFA server on there for everyone.  That's hopefully going to happen very soon, still have to clear it with the rest of staff tho.

I don't know where the thing about me going on vacation came from.  I saw someone say that on mfg, and I was a little confused.  No, during all of our downtime, I'm typically working my ass off, pouring ridiculous amounts of time (just about all I can afford) into getting everything fixed and working again as quickly as possible.  It just takes that long for us to fix it, between conversations trying to narrow down and diagnosing the problem, talking to tech support when necessary, general communication coordination (we all mostly used different apps). Problems were arising with speculations over at mfg because it was difficult for staff to stay in touch during down times, but that's since been solved with the discord staff chat.  And may get even easier very soon.

Im glad you have discord to keep in contact with the staff. that good call and that good thing because  is always good to keep in touch on what goes down for the MFFA forum :)