Custom Reisen Udongein Inaba + Konata Izumi update

Magical Klara

I know, I've been gone a long time, but.... let's just say that I haven't been well.  No more Comic Sans, either.  I'm sorry.  EcoIn.cOM.vN-Emo-Onion-Head-114.gif

Anyway, I'm working on a custom version of Reisen Udongein Inaba.  I'm trying to give her a conventional and fast-paced style of gameplay, so she can safely compete with Street Fighter characters without being cheap.  If you'd like to see my progress, I uploaded a beta to Sendspace.  I hope you like it.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/dabfyj

UAUlSyU.png

iXjhiWl.png

Yoojlbp.png

Also, I made some updates to my Lucky Fighter 2 Konata Izumi, but I'm not sure that I'm done yet.  I want to eliminate all stiffness from her gameplay, too.  I hope you like her, too.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/xvsxus

JbWQkZa.png

If you'd like the stage that she and Klara are in, it's from Kid Chameleon, and you can get it here, if you like:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ebspp8

I'm going to give all of my characters the same treatment.  Please, take care, everyone. EcoIn.cOM.vN-Emo-Little-Girl-2-8.gif

Reisen:

* she can air dash and air backdash infinitely before landing from a jump

* The guard hittime of 31 in her dashing moves really feels unnatural for the blocking character. 17-21 frames would be a more traditional choice. It's not a big deal having one or other move unsafe on block.

* A 4-bar Dark Reisen has a bug in which

> Hitting qcf.gif + attack

>> supercancelling it into qcf.gifqcf.gif + attack

>>> as soon as possible, cancelling into A+B+C, and I mean, performing A+B+C during the superpause of her Lv1

makes her able to cancel a supermove before the attack actually comes out

* Wrong Statetype at the beginning of her df.gif + B

* Her states 70 and 71 (rolling before getting up from knockdown) have a duration of 42 frames.

Compared to your other chars, who usually take 25-28 frames to execute the same move, makes her get-up process feel strangely slow

* Her AI has a tendency of not using any attack for 10-20 seconds if the opponent chooses to stay away from her

* Instead of having the line

fall.recovertime=120

it's better to give to her aerial supermoves the line

fall.recover=0

It's possible for the opponent to use the ground recover from her supers and counter her before she lands from her own move.

* Hitboxes of her crouching stance can be taller. Many attacks from other chars that hit reliably crouching opponents whiff against her.

Konata:

* That small slide that she performs at the startup of her Standing LP feels strange

* Her states 70 and 71 should have type = L. It tricks an opponent's AI into attacking her while she's invincible.

* 300 power gauge for a guard cancel feels cheap. I mean, Reisen consumes the correct ammount of 1000 power.

* My biggest gripe against her is how her tatsu is an overhead. I won't write a wall of text about why it feels cheap. Instead, I'm gonna point you to one:

http://shoryuken.com/2015/05/21/human-reaction-times-and-fighting-games-or-why-blocking-isnt-always-easy/

After the AI of your Konata makes an opponent block her Standing LP, she has 2 choices:

-> Cancelling into a Crouching B (13 frames of startup) or

-> Cancelling into a tatsu (12 frames of startup)

If an opponent blocks standing she uses the low one. If he's blocking low she chooses the overhead.

You might have noticed that as the player, if you block her strings low, it's impossible to block her tatsu. Because her tatsu can't be blocked properly on reaction.

Now you know why, in fighting games, overheads are really slow, with 20 or more frames.

Her tatsu feel unfair as an overhead. It should be blocked both high and low.

I tried to execute the same idea in one of my chars, giving an overhead tatsu. I had to axe the idea in the subsequent update.

These are the only issues I have to point. Aside them, I dson't see anything wrong. Their gameplays feel fast and smooth and I don't see any other problem in their codes.