(WIP) Inkling Boy

thebestmlTBM

Updates on Inkling Boy in MUGEN as of 08/26/16.

I made a high resolution of the Inkling Boy's hyper portrait in the style of Marvel vs. Capcom 2:

marvel_vs__capcom_2___inkling_boy_hyper_

Special credit goes to Error Macro aka Ermac Won for the template.

(EDIT: While I can agree on GarchompMatt about this, we may have to scrap this hyper portrait sprite for now.)

And, I also made some custom hit sound effects for both Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl using Audacity. The sound effects themselves are from Darkstalkers, Alien vs. Predator, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U, and KingAsylus91's Super Mario Bros. Heroes of the Stars. :OhYeah:

More updates on Inkling Boy will be coming up soon! :Irock:

Putting a render over a background and fiddling with the opacity does not make the portrait look as though it's from Marvel vs. Capcom 2; MvC2's artwork has a 'sketched' aesthetic to it with a heavy emphasis on lines, particularly in the darker areas.

I mean, if your goal was to have something similar to MvC2 in that you've got an image of the character placed above a background that's all cropped to a specific arrow-ish shape, then yeah, it looks fine.

Gotta admit, I can't wait to see progress of Inkling Boy in MUGEN and how he'll play out in the future, considering there's a ton of variety you can do with his specials and supers between Brush Mode (Melee) and Splattershot Mode (Shooting) even by themselves, considering the different types and amount of sub weapons and special attacks in Splatoon. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...