Ralord's Manifest KOF Characters

Ralord

14 hours ago, Infinite Kyo said:

this'll be good hyped for Mr Karate and Geese and.....dat raging storm tho anyway they all look pretty good so far man

also are you gonna do special intro's for them?

Simply a lvl 2 RS. As for special Intros... definately

4 hours ago, Flowrellik said:

*Drools* Those chars have a desired effect That I wished on my CVS Chars! Thank you for telling me how to accomplish this via PM!

No worries. Hope you have fun with it.

I wanna know. You guys into the 1.1 Zoom? Would you wanna see more or it in my chars or is it just meh. Think KOF XIII Zoom system.
Been testing it out for sometime and I think I've got it down :D
ZVFr1Ll.png

Ive seen Manifest Goenitz in action.

I suppose the only cheap factor he has is the Shadow Mode. Cuz, if this is really ver 2.0, then it looks amazing, cuz the first version is cheap as fuuuuuuck. Them custom sprites tho, how to get yipyip.

On 6/28/2016 at 10:16 AM, Ralord said:

-Percent damage/ Anti Bullshit overhaul (Will do the same amount of damage to a character with 1000 life and 100 defense as to someone with 100000 life and 9999999 defense, however, it does dampen on characters with less than 1000 life and 100 defense)

But some characters have 115 defense and have their slow attacks be the thing to balance it out. (Even in actual fighting games)

12 hours ago, BryanRolax said:

Ive seen Manifest Goenitz in action.

I suppose the only cheap factor he has is the Shadow Mode. Cuz, if this is really ver 2.0, then it looks amazing, cuz the first version is cheap as fuuuuuuck. Them custom sprites tho, how to get yipyip.

yes... I remember my old terrible edit still as more of a 'What not to do', but in the end, 1.0 was mainly just me fucking about with mugen seing what does what n such, learning the ropes, yada yada yada. And yes, I suppose Shadow mode is classified as 'KOF Boss Cheap' but getting it is either going to be costly or a Timer based thing. But even so, its far more tame than the Original

7 hours ago, jenngra505 said:

But some characters have 115 defense and have their slow attacks be the thing to balance it out. (Even in actual fighting games)

Yes I know, thing Is I've come across too many that abuse that system to cheap levels. Perhaps if I get enough names and author name combos for characters that fit the brief, I'll make an adjustment variable to it

9 hours ago, BryanRolax said:

@Ralord Even so man, don't beat yourself up. 1.0 was awesome visual wise though. All those custom sprites.

I mean, 2.0 CAN be as awesome as 1.0, just need to balance out a bunch of stuff in a Custom mode and bam, there ya go.

Perhaps. But the original wasn't really even my own. Most of it was other peoples stuff slapped together without really any knowledge behind it. Though these characters here are pretty much 100% mine, everything except the sprites though, even though I went to the effort to palette separate them.

Well... all the custom sprites of Goenitz were my work so that's something I suppose

Working on the alternate mode for Geese. A mode which greatly increases strength and gives new moves but on a timer, and will leave you vulnerable for a short time after it expires. Tap into true strength for cost stuff.

TcEJt4h.gif to MIYCMnU.gif

Mind the palette, its my 'Palette separation' template

Still going through the Sprite conversion process... hope to have some good screenshots soon.

32 minutes ago, Ralord said:

Working on the alternate mode for Geese. A mode which greatly increases strength and gives new moves but on a timer, and will leave you vulnerable for a short time after it expires. Tap into true strength for cost stuff.

TcEJt4h.gif to MIYCMnU.gif

Mind the palette, its my 'Palette separation' template

Still going through the Sprite conversion process... hope to have some good screenshots soon.

for a second there i thought geese went all demon form then lol but anyway i like the idea cant wait to see it in action 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been quietly following this thread since it started, and I just wanted to say how impressed I am with what I've seen so far. I loved your XIII Lucario and the Manifest series characters are looking just as fun to play.

Visual FX are gorgeous too!

I love how you can chain combo with ease, looks fantastic! the only thing I could say is that raging storm sprite doesn't look quite appealing to me, use Geese's KOF '96 raging storm sprite instead, just a suggestion, overall awesome.

• 1 month later...

Bah. Busy live and not enough creation time... but... there as still been some. Geese has taken a Backseat for now while search for some inspiration for him... and so far the spot light has been stolen by Kyo for now (always seems to be Kyo doesn't it...)

Ug87gv1.gif

More screenshots below

Spoiler

5beaVm7.pngjEy1ZjP.png7g2AULE.pngwd1FOC5.pngCqUhXwx.pngqhHHUrK.pngpN0MTcr.pngWeMCCaZ.pngzFlToM5.png

• 2 months later...