Ricepigeon

Regarding download links from a certain Mugen warehouse

80 posts in this topic

If you don't have an account you can't download nothin, that site is going downhill every second, they need some new admins. The "invalid security tokens" are a problem too, even if you have an account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/06/2016 at 4:10 PM, Doomguy said:

and all I can say is this:

image.png?w=468&c=1 
I has it. I know this because I face not the issues you have with MA.

I don't either, dunno what people talk about i didn't see any adfly ever, never got banned, never had any problem

Not sure what this is all about, if people around here are incompetent at making a forum account why can they even post here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you're a user of elevated status, you'll see adfly every time you click to download a file.

You can't make an account there because you get automatically banned straight after registering, unless they revoked that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GarchompMatt said:

Unless you're a user of elevated status, you'll see adfly every time you click to download a file.

You can't make an account there because you get automatically banned straight after registering, unless they revoked that.

 

imo you got yourself and your IP address banned

works fine for everyone else

always stay away from drama, internet rule 101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:50 PM, Ryon said:

@AxSeeker, The issue with adfly is, you don't really have control of what ad's are displayed, and unfortunately malware comes in the form of "new java update" or "your flash player is outdated" and thats when inexperienced people click on the adfly links and they get caught up.

 

If anyone ever checks the guidelines I pretty much made a list of websites we recommend and such (2shared is there I guess we didn't get rid of it)

FOR IMAGES

 

 

FOR FILES

 

 

so there are ALOT of alternatives, but people try to use adfly to get back pennies for clicks. I considered it once to but it was so inconvenient for people that i decided it was not worth it.

 

Also onedrive.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2016 at 3:39 PM, IDGCaptainRussia said:

I gotta revive this thread to point out they arn't using ad.fly anymore.

 

However, they are using an EVEN WORSE advert site now. So stay away if you can!

 

mind being a little more specific on this? Which site are they using & how much worse is it than adfly's security vulnerabilities?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wait, they're using Ad.fly again.

 

But I got one of those Fake Blue screen of death sites, the ones that tell you your PC is gonna get rekt if you close the window.

While fake it's still quite scary and alone proves the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2016 at 2:11 AM, GarchompMatt said:

You can't make an account there because you get automatically banned straight after registering, unless they revoked that.

This.

This is the reason people here have so many substantial (and legitimate) complaints about MA even beyond the security issues. I constantly had that issue as well, only instead of banning me right after registering, they merely blacklist my E-Mail address everytime... even though I have never ever registered on this site ever before! They force you to register to be able to download anything at all (something I haven't seen any other MUGEN content host/site EVER do) and you can't even do THAT. I actually ranted about MA on the Mugen Wikia, and I would give the link to it, but... that would distract from the topic at hand here, and I don't wanna do that much.

 

Which by the way, thanks for the heads up, RP. This really is a site to be avoided, no matter what side you're on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although this has nothing to do with why WE blacklisted links to Mugen Archive, it's worth noting that MFG also blacklisted Archive links for not only the same reasons we did, but also for ethical and moral reasons, namely, the fact that they're making monetary profit off of other people's works and then refusing to take down any creations that the creator specifically requested to have taken down; Not only does this violate many accepted community ethics, but could also potentially run afoul of copyright laws. Case in point: they have Dragon Claw hosted there of all things, an original, copyrighted character that Reu himself sold merchandise of before his untimely passing.

 

Again, that's not the reason why MFFA blacklisted Mugen Archive, but I feel it's still something worth mentioning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xiristatos said:

This.

This is the reason people here have so many substantial (and legitimate) complaints about MA even beyond the security issues. I constantly had that issue as well, only instead of banning me right after registering, they merely blacklist my E-Mail address everytime... even though I have never ever registered on this site ever before! They force you to register to be able to download anything at all (something I haven't seen any other MUGEN content host/site EVER do) and you can't even do THAT. I actually ranted about MA on the Mugen Wikia, and I would give the link to it, but... that would distract from the topic at hand here, and I don't wanna do that much.

 

Which by the way, thanks for the heads up, RP. This really is a site to be avoided, no matter what side you're on.

Don't forget you have to get an account just to get a better look at a image or to use the search bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Weiss_Circal said:

Don't forget you have to get an account just to get a better look at a pitcher or to use the search bar.

 

Babe-Brave-Pitching.png

Can someone log out real quick and tell me if they can still see good ol' Babe? :troll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ricepigeon said:

 

Babe-Brave-Pitching.png

Can someone log out real quick and tell me if they can still see good ol' Babe? :troll:

I was talking about Mugen Archive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ricepigeon said:

You said Archive was censoring baseball players, though :P

 

Since when?

 

Update: stupid me and my typos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Weiss_Circal said:

Don't forget you have to get an account just to get a better look at a image

You actually don't.
If you open the image in a new tab and remove the thumbnail parameters from the URL, you can view it at full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GarchompMatt said:

You actually don't.
If you open the image in a new tab and remove the thumbnail parameters from the URL, you can view it at full size.

Thanks for the info. (It's still stupid how I have to get an account just to get a better look at an image thou.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now