Regarding download links from a certain Mugen warehouse

RicePigeon

2 hours ago, Ricepigeon said:

Although this has nothing to do with why WE blacklisted links to Mugen Archive, it's worth noting that MFG also blacklisted Archive links for not only the same reasons we did, but also for ethical and moral reasons, namely, the fact that they're making monetary profit off of other people's works and then refusing to take down any creations that the creator specifically requested to have taken down; Not only does this violate many accepted community ethics, but could also potentially run afoul of copyright laws. Case in point: they have Dragon Claw hosted there of all things, an original, copyrighted character that Reu himself sold merchandise of before his untimely passing.

Again, that's not the reason why MFFA blacklisted Mugen Archive, but I feel it's still something worth mentioning.

The part I boldened is exactly the main problem I pointed out in my aforementioned rant. A substantial issue that was simply impossible to ignore.

Actually y'know what, I really want put that rant's link here now for y'all to see: http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:113457

If it's too off-topic, too distracting from the main point or even a link I'm not allowed to insert, just let me know... but I just wanted to share my real thoughts without having to majorly repeat myself.

And holy hell, I didn't even KNOW about the Dragon Claw thing... wow, now I hate that site even MORE now! Never thought that was possible, but ok...

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

yea... mugen archive has gotten or been very fishy.. i was banned for disturbing the community weekend hahah what a joke.. with a post that i posted on how to donate to upgrade my rank so i can work on my mugen around the clock in stead of limited access... they didn't even respond just cut my access and when i voiced my opinion they banned me for 48hrs... i mean i understand being negative is a sickness but i should be able to have an opinion or feel a certain way and not get banished for it or treated like lessor smh... idk man i could understand if i called someone out or attacked someone or did something nefarious ... but all i can do now is shoulder shrug and hope someone here knows here im coming from lol... could use a small tap on the back type pat lol via comment... jp