Regarding download links from a certain Mugen warehouse

RicePigeon

On 23/06/2016 at 4:10 PM, Doomguy said:

and all I can say is this:

image.png?w=468&c=1 
I has it. I know this because I face not the issues you have with MA.

I don't either, dunno what people talk about i didn't see any adfly ever, never got banned, never had any problem

Not sure what this is all about, if people around here are incompetent at making a forum account why can they even post here?

12 minutes ago, GarchompMatt said:

Unless you're a user of elevated status, you'll see adfly every time you click to download a file.

You can't make an account there because you get automatically banned straight after registering, unless they revoked that.

imo you got yourself and your IP address banned

works fine for everyone else

always stay away from drama, internet rule 101

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:50 PM, Ryon said:

@AxSeeker, The issue with adfly is, you don't really have control of what ad's are displayed, and unfortunately malware comes in the form of "new java update" or "your flash player is outdated" and thats when inexperienced people click on the adfly links and they get caught up.

If anyone ever checks the guidelines I pretty much made a list of websites we recommend and such (2shared is there I guess we didn't get rid of it)

FOR IMAGES

FOR FILES

so there are ALOT of alternatives, but people try to use adfly to get back pennies for clicks. I considered it once to but it was so inconvenient for people that i decided it was not worth it.

Also onedrive.com

• 2 months later...
On 10/1/2016 at 3:39 PM, IDGCaptainRussia said:

I gotta revive this thread to point out they arn't using ad.fly anymore.

However, they are using an EVEN WORSE advert site now. So stay away if you can!

mind being a little more specific on this? Which site are they using & how much worse is it than adfly's security vulnerabilities?

• 6 months later...
On 7/2/2016 at 2:11 AM, GarchompMatt said:

You can't make an account there because you get automatically banned straight after registering, unless they revoked that.

This.

This is the reason people here have so many substantial (and legitimate) complaints about MA even beyond the security issues. I constantly had that issue as well, only instead of banning me right after registering, they merely blacklist my E-Mail address everytime... even though I have never ever registered on this site ever before! They force you to register to be able to download anything at all (something I haven't seen any other MUGEN content host/site EVER do) and you can't even do THAT. I actually ranted about MA on the Mugen Wikia, and I would give the link to it, but... that would distract from the topic at hand here, and I don't wanna do that much.

Which by the way, thanks for the heads up, RP. This really is a site to be avoided, no matter what side you're on.

Although this has nothing to do with why WE blacklisted links to Mugen Archive, it's worth noting that MFG also blacklisted Archive links for not only the same reasons we did, but also for ethical and moral reasons, namely, the fact that they're making monetary profit off of other people's works and then refusing to take down any creations that the creator specifically requested to have taken down; Not only does this violate many accepted community ethics, but could also potentially run afoul of copyright laws. Case in point: they have Dragon Claw hosted there of all things, an original, copyrighted character that Reu himself sold merchandise of before his untimely passing.

Again, that's not the reason why MFFA blacklisted Mugen Archive, but I feel it's still something worth mentioning.

2 hours ago, Xiristatos said:

This.

This is the reason people here have so many substantial (and legitimate) complaints about MA even beyond the security issues. I constantly had that issue as well, only instead of banning me right after registering, they merely blacklist my E-Mail address everytime... even though I have never ever registered on this site ever before! They force you to register to be able to download anything at all (something I haven't seen any other MUGEN content host/site EVER do) and you can't even do THAT. I actually ranted about MA on the Mugen Wikia, and I would give the link to it, but... that would distract from the topic at hand here, and I don't wanna do that much.

Which by the way, thanks for the heads up, RP. This really is a site to be avoided, no matter what side you're on.

Don't forget you have to get an account just to get a better look at a image or to use the search bar.

7 minutes ago, GarchompMatt said:

You actually don't.
If you open the image in a new tab and remove the thumbnail parameters from the URL, you can view it at full size.

Thanks for the info. (It's still stupid how I have to get an account just to get a better look at an image thou.)