Stage Collection: ExShadow

Mr. KOtik

Thank you very much Sonikun, although I already have the stages. I suggest everyone wait to help me with missing stages once I put up the list of whats missing, since I know exactly which they are.

@Vibrant I bet you weren't expecting to ever see your first stage again lol.

10 hours ago, Mr. KOtik said:

Thank you very much Sonikun, although I already have the stages. I suggest everyone wait to help me with missing stages once I put up the list of whats missing, since I know exactly which they are.

@Vibrant I bet you weren't expecting to ever see your first stage again lol.

He he, no problem, mate.

@Mr. KOtik

Here is more Exshadow´s stages for you!

Nezumi Land:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r6a98dwx77y3et0/XX%27NEZUMI%27XX.rar#!

Midnight Skyline:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6d9vhjm11bz1xcs/XX%27SKYLINE%27XX.zip#!

Edit: Nevermind, these stages are hosted in your skydrive, sorry.

Anyways good job!

I think you should put all the missing stages from your skydrive in this thread for avoid any confusion.

@Solid Snivy I appreciate the suggestion, I'll definitely think about doing that.

@gui0007Thanks man, its a shame it took me so long to realize I should have made the topic a long time ago. Also those are Che Clarke's and Navana's collections, I already have everything off of them, thank you anyhow man.

Some updates;

- I have finally finished uploaded all the stages I have from my one drive onto the collection topic.

- Provided a direct link to my Onedrive, so if someone wishes to, they can download the entire 6.55gb collection in one shot.

- Provided a list of missing stages with reference links.

Whats left to do.

- Organize the stages by either alphabetical order or by date of release.

- Add Mugen version compatibility description to each stage.

Maybe I skimmed over them, but I don't recall seeing EXShadow's first versions of Mute City and Final Destination, made in 2010 and 2008, respectively.

Images if necessary:

Spoiler

Mute City:
s8fj1bW.png

Final Destination:

qf0Mh4Z.png

EDIT: Oh, I see how you've handled this, with V1s bundled with V2s. Gotcha.

Pity they don't have the music with them :s

4 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

Maybe I skimmed over them, but I don't recall seeing EXShadow's first versions of Mute City and Final Destination, made in 2010 and 2008, respectively.

Images if necessary:

Reveal hidden contents

Mute City:
s8fj1bW.png

Final Destination:

qf0Mh4Z.png

EDIT: Oh, I see how you've handled this, with V1s bundled with V2s. Gotcha.

Pity they don't have the music with them :s

You actually pointed out 2 big inconsistencies. I only bundled the versions with similar sprites, that mute city should not have been bundled with the hi-res variants. I also had that final destination in my database, but didn't remember to upload it for some reason. Thanks so much man.

I know some people are going to be bummed that I removed the bgms from every upload, but aside from saving space, I did it to preserve the files in the long run so that they don't somehow get taken down for having copyrighted mp3s in them.

6 hours ago, C.R.O.M.verydannyboy said:

Thank you so much for the Magneto stage!

Also I already have the colony stage, its listed as the first stage under the "-UNKNOWN RELEASE/UPDATE YEARS-" section.

@Mr. KOtik

holy-

wow you released it. i thought you were gone again! haha 

dat shoutout

Spoiler

im somewhere between retired and not. i keep moving mugen off my hdd, then back on, then off, then back on, working on stuff on and off in between the times I do it. I want to stop. I really do. THE STRUGGLE :'^)

fun fact

number 95 used to be called Ghey Smiley stage before it got released  =)

that Planet Urithia stage is on MA  (uploaded by che clarke funny enough)

http://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=15340

it doesnt follow the same filename format because Ex was pretending to be someone else (i forget why, most likely a stage contest thing)

I'm 90% sure the filename for that Shaq Fu stage is just XX'WASTELAND'XX(.zip presumably). I had/may still have the beta to it somewhere, not likely that i'll have the final version though since i was pretty anti-lowres and prob didnt download it.

LOL I REMEMBER THE CHEERIOS STAGE

man this brings back memories. i know i had access to some of this beforehand but now that its all here, its just....nostalgic. I dont even remember 80% of those 2007 stages tbh (i dont think i'll ever forget Vyn's stage

to everyone: i feel obligated to say use this as inspiration for.....well anything. Ex made garbage back in the day, but he wasnt afraid to get creative. Look at him now. Like, just stay at something and you'll get good at it, period.

old guy lecture over

@Vibrant I know you hear it all the time one way or another, but it really has been a honor to watch you grow from back then till now bro. 

On 6/19/2016 at 3:25 PM, Mr. KOtik said:

Thank you so much for the Magneto stage!

Also I already have the colony stage, its listed as the first stage under the "-UNKNOWN RELEASE/UPDATE YEARS-" section.

np on the magneto stage . i wasn't sure which version of colony it was. i just saw i had one and just tossed it on.

if you don't know the stage date release why not just see the sff Date modified? 

i just compare the mediafire link i give to you which is more original and the one you have on colony stage. both sff and def is different in size and date modified. who the heck edit both files that far. so the unknown year release mean it was edited version? i guess you better host both original and edited version now. just use the link i give to you in pm room and you'll know some of these stage original release date.

8 hours ago, yaminogun said:

if you don't know the stage date release why not just see the sff Date modified? 

i just compare the mediafire link i give to you which is more original and the one you have on colony stage. both sff and def is different in size and date modified. who the heck edit both files that far. so the unknown year release mean it was edited version? i guess you better host both original and edited version now. just use the link i give to you in pm room and you'll know some of these stage original release date.

The simple answer to the question is because I'm not 100% certain of the release date and file modified dates have proven to be unreliable. Something I noticed which was very common when putting together the collection is that some of the .def and .sff of certain stages did not match their release/update dates. I can understand .def in case people want to change music, but I don't understand why some .sffs had different dates. In fact I went looking for stages I already had to see if I could find some with the original .sff dates, some of which I could not accomplish. One example is the Final Destination stage GarchompMatt provided me above. If I'm not mistaken, the sprites used for that version of the stage were only released in 2008, yet clearly that archive has it as 2010.

Also, thank you so much for providing me with the Basement stage and pointing out that the Colony Remix stage was in Navana's mediafire. I was pretty loose-handed when it came to the GG stages simply because of how many times ExShadow updated/re-released them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...