Buriki One

Basara-kun

latest?cb=20160324071135&path-prefix=es

Buriki One is a SNK's realistic fighting game released in 1999 for Hyper Neogeo 64 arcade system, the same engine used for Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition and both Samurai Shodown 64 games. Different than previous games, Buriki One went underrated, but not forgiven by SNK, that made cameos and guest additions in its future games, mostly B1 protagonist Gai Tendou. Not to mention the game itself counts with various AOF/FF references since occurs in the same universe, starting with an older Ryo Sakazaki (Mr. Karate II) as part of the fighters, Taekwondo practitioner Seo Yongsong is Kim Kaphwan's star pupil and the son of Payak Sitipitak (Muay Thai representant) is fan of Joe Higashi.

Since the game (and mostly the engine itself) can't be emulated until now (MAME Team is still working on that), I made this symbolic collection for all the B1 stuff recreated for MUGEN, I hope to see more content about this game, if that happens, let me know to add it here. I hope you like this 😉

Official SNK Recreated Fighters

rec_gai.gifkof2k3xi_gaitendou.gifngbc_mrkarate.gifkof2k3xi_silber.gif

Gai Tendou (KOF99EVO/KOF2000 striker): Mr.S

Gai Tendou (KOFXI): Ahuron Duracelleur's Edits (ToSix - KOFA) - Comcap (CvS)

Mr. Karate II (NGBC): Ahuron / Duende Macabro / Oscar12345 / Beppu (KOFXI) Jack Skellington (KOFXI) / Jin (KOF2K2UM) / KamranBernstein (KOFXI)

Silber (KOFXI): Ahuron (Normal - God) - Duracelleur's Edits (ToSix - KOFA) / MDK / IKEISLEGEND (CvS)

Bannana's Recreated Fighters

kof2k3xi_gaitendou.gifkof2k3xi_silber.gif

Gai Tendou - Silber

Both character sprites are from KOFXI, but he invented an unique system that emulated B1's original gameplay. I hope he can continue with more characters in a future.

PS: All his creations are 1.0 only

Edited Recreated Fighters

3dr_gai.gifkof992k2_ryo2.gif

Gai Tendou (B1 based): Basara-kun

Mr. Karate II (FFWA based): Ironmugen - Jonathan & Gabiru's Edit

Other Recreated Stuff

Buriki One Character Template by Bannana

Buriki One stage by Vegaz_Parrelli (MOTW Tizoc stage edit) - M1.1 Edit by MatreroG

CVS sprite patch for Ahuron's Gai by Dampir

Buriki One OST by SNK Lover (rippable via Youtube2Mp3 websites)

Hahaha, something like that =P

As an interesting note, after Gai I was planning to make B1 Ryo (Mr. Karate II) way before SNKP did it with NGBC, and as Gai using CVS sprites edited from Ryo. But in the end the project never was concreted and there were a few chunk of sprites that aren't enough to make a basic character. Maybe later I can post some of them :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2016 at 2:36 PM, Basara-kun said:

As an interesting note, after Gai I was planning to make B1 Ryo (Mr. Karate II) way before SNKP did it with NGBC, and as Gai using CVS sprites edited from Ryo. But in the end the project never was concreted and there were a few chunk of sprites that aren't enough to make a basic character. Maybe later I can post some of them :P

Found some sprites I upload out there

anim-ryo-b1.gifryo-marco-1.gifryo032.gif

It would be beautiful to concrete this, who knows...

46 minutes ago, Mʀ. Sтᴇαl-Yoᴜя-Wαεfυ said:

I love this collection. It's Baki the Grappler and Chuck Norris and Kraven the Hunter :Irock:

Thanks :ReallyTruly: Also Van Heyting (ProWrest character, not mugenized yet) is Goldberg all the way XDDDD

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...