Exodus by Arkady (June 4th 2016)

26 minutes ago, AxSeeker said:

It looks okay but I have never heard of this guy???

He's from X-Men and one of Magneto's Acolytes. The X-Men are supposed to be Martin Luther King and SLCC, Magneto is supposed to be Malcolm X. The Brotherhood of Mutants are the Black Panthers, but the Acolytes are kind of the Nation of Islam in New York. So, hes a mutant thats a little based on Huey P Newton. Hes a psionic vampire and telekinetic. The Acolytes fought the X-Men because they believed violence and human genocide is right, where the X-Men believed in equal rights.

4 hours ago, AxSeeker said:

Trippy. I hardly watched the cartoon series in the 90s and I didn't bother with the new one at all. I do recall the Acolytes but I only ever remember that angel guy.

Yeah, dude, it's crazy. In some of our studies, we had the old X-Men as part of civil and history studies. People dont realize how much Marvel was affecting people. The old X-Men from the 70s to the 90s was just copies of civil rights movements and commentary on them. I think Exodus, I think, is supposed to be Farrakhan. Wolverine is supposed to represent Vietnam vets with PTSD, the Brotherhood actually isnt evil because they help and protect mutants but theyre extremists who think all humans are just evil, and the human media calls them evil. Mystique is Huey P Newton, but it keeps going back and forth. They call their human names their slave names, lol, dress in those clothes to represent their powers, I mean it really gets deep. Minorities and gay people events are copied by the X-Men. Friends of Humanity are the KKK, the Sentinel program is Eisenhower and Reagan's destruction of ethnic people areas, Calisto and Marrow are Harriet Tubman, Nightcrawler is that leader of the sit-ins the 1960s, the Morlocks are ethnic immigrants, Colossus represents several things. It is crazy how heavy they used to be before Loeb and Bendis turned everything into Twilight Marvel.

The old books and I think the 90s show are commentaries on prejudice and civil rights.

Yeah I remembered Marvel was recognized for having 2 handicap role model characters, Daredevil and Professor X. From what i remember Stan Lee said something like, he didn't even realize at the time that he had done that. They did a whole history channel documentary about marvel and other comic book heroes. I remembered they mentioned the x-men having to do with a lot of that stuff you just mentioned. I don't think they said specifically who but they said it was inspired by all that public out cry around that era. I think specifically 60s and 70s? It's hard to remember all of that since i watched it in like around 2003-2009 maybe??? :S

14 hours ago, AxSeeker said:

Yeah I remembered Marvel was recognized for having 2 handicap role model characters, Daredevil and Professor X. From what i remember Stan Lee said something like, he didn't even realize at the time that he had done that. They did a whole history channel documentary about marvel and other comic book heroes. I remembered they mentioned the x-men having to do with a lot of that stuff you just mentioned. I don't think they said specifically who but they said it was inspired by all that public out cry around that era. I think specifically 60s and 70s? It's hard to remember all of that since i watched it in like around 2003-2009 maybe??? :S

Yeah dude, read the books before 2005 and watch the 90s animated version, they are very heavy and uncensored with things. Wolverines on his knees praying in a Christian church, Apocalypse makes references to meeting Biblical people, Northstar is openly gay, Beast is in a interracial relationship but because shes human, Storm is a sex symbol but she values her virgin like status, Rogue may have been raped, humans call the brotherhood terrorists but the brotherhood protects mutants, a mutant gets lynched and hung in New York, they try to lynch Wolverine, Nightcrawler is all about the Bible and shows it off, people who help mutants are called "Mutie lovers", there is a N-word for mutants called "Mutie", white human police beat mutants to death in riots like the spanish zoot suit riots, mutants are segregated, Sabretooth had a abusive childhood and thinks mutants can never get ahead because of the "human man", Wolverine and Sabretooth can get really racist against human beings, Reagan's face is used alot on the most evil and murderous characters, and I dont think any X-Man is under the age of 25 except for Jubilee whos 16... I mean they did not PC anything. It's raw, but deep and makes you think.

The new cartoon was just Twilight version of X-Men. Literally. The new stuff is just geared to the Twilight fans only, so is the Spectacular Spider-Man show and the Ultimate Spider-Man books, it's Spider-Man for teen girls. Not a complaint, just seeing it for what it is. Japan doesnt try to hide the fact, but the US does for some reason. Old Spider-Man was 24 or 25 and struggling to make ends meet, kept dropping out, lived with his aunt most of the time, and dealt with major shit. Like moral issues that made your brain hurt.

Anyway, Exodus needs alot more work. His damage values are iffy and unbalanced, and being a psychic vampire, his specials should be drinking the other guys powerbar. Thats what he did in the books, he drinks your energy, so all his hypers should damage the powerbar too and some of his supers should drain the powerbar and fill his own. If I knew how to put the code in where all his psychic attacks drink powerbar, I would. Sprites need to be cleaned up some more, his pals should be fixed because his skin color is orange, and IMO some more of his more intense quotes should be used. He is a bigot against mankind.