Projectile is causing character to flying off screen when hit in mugen

Lord Batros

Question

so im using the newly released Kotal Khan for MKP in regular mugen ,with the patch , i got him to work but it seems every time he throws his projectile it either stops the character dead in its tracks or the opponent floats off screen , i read this can be because of a mis labeling of the state causing it , not even sure if that would fix it given he was coded for MKP, but just thought id ask and see ..... so any idea's what to change to maybe stop it? . in practice mode there isn't even a reaction to the opponent when  hit with the projectile , its as if it just doesn't touch him at all 

5 answers to this question

Ok, instructions for surgery:

-In kotal kahn folder, open file sp.st
-search for "p2stateno = 21238"

-replace it with ";p2stateno = 21238"
-there should be 2 of them.

This should get it working.  In the patches code, there's what I'm guessing is a "stumble back" state that the basic attacks are all meant to send the opponent into.  That's state 21238.  The projectile is also sending the opponent to that state, so it probably isn't supposed to have any special stun, freeze, dizzy effects etc, so that shouldn't be a worry. 

There's also enough care taken in setting the hit velocities and such in the hitdef that it looks like it was coded with the possibility it being used outside the mkp in mind anyway (though a slightly flawed method was used to hold the door open in the projectile).  That's my guess anyway.

9 hours ago, RobotMonkeyHead said:

If you want to hit me with a link, I'll take a look?
(guess I'd need the patch too by the sound of it.)

Definatly , Thanks 

http://www.4shared.com/rar/Ap22wpzsce/kotal_kahn.html

patch - https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21ALdgTDTluIHR3Hw&id=2EB17A76D2375DAC%21159&cid=2EB17A76D2375DAC

No prob man.  Glad I could help. 

Eh, coding mugen is one thing.  It's just as easily a collectors hobby tho, I've heard it described as a digital action figure collection, and I can kinda dig it.  Personally I just like being able to fight optimus prime against winnie the pooh in the mcdonalds parking lot with ol dirty bastard playing.  Something about that is just so fucking great to me.

:goodmood: