Apparently obscuring "MUGEN" in video titles gets you over 26 K subs on youtube :/

I sorta did:

" Time to break the fame. He uses a fighting game engine called M.U.G.E.N (Google search it!), and those characters are made by various people. I'm kinda surprised how many subs this guys has, maybe it's because he doesn't mention it's M.U.G.E.N he's using. EDIt: ANNNNDD, it's mostly Anime, gotta love Anime <3 "

I don't really think of crediting Mugen, just it seems most of his subs don't know that's what it is.

I've seen many videos of "X vs Y" that claim that the animation is made by them while its obviously M.U.G.E.N (Even some times the lifebar and sounds are Winmugen default)

"Goku Vs Marvel"

The deal is that video, that MUGEN video, has 5 million views, do you know of any other MUGEN video with that many?

I've got a problem with people getting attention from very little effort.

EDIT: Wait so that version of Shadow is private then? That sucks.

3 hours ago, TMC55 said:

It's just a video, so what if he has more views no need to get worked up over someone who has more views on a mugen video

I completely agree here and who cares what he claims. It's free entertainment that features more mugen. Be happy! :goodmood:

20 minutes ago, AxSeeker said:

I completely agree here and who cares what he claims. It's free entertainment that features more mugen. Be happy! :goodmood:

I don't think everyone else here thinks showing of M.U.G.E.N fights without letting peeps know that it IS M.U.G.E.N is a good thing.

19 minutes ago, Dylanius the Kirby said:

I don't think everyone else here thinks showing of M.U.G.E.N fights without letting peeps know that it IS M.U.G.E.N is a good thing.

There are plenty of videos showing mugen fights without people mentioning mugen in the title it's nothing new

32 minutes ago, TMC55 said:

There are plenty of videos showing mugen fights without people mentioning mugen in the title it's nothing new

Yeah totally. It's not anyone's obligation either, people typically put up whatever they want.

You shouldn't let any of this bother you. It's just all for fun. Also what are views, thumbs ups/downs, and subscribers really worth? It's valueless numbers that don't mean anything. i used to have like a million on my second oldest channel before I gave it the axe; they're just numbers. If you like what you see, watch it, if you don't then just watch a different channel. Pointing this out to others is making no difference whatsoever. Also there are literally thousands of other mugen youtube videos out there; this one channel  certainly doesn't hurt mugen at all.

14 hours ago, AxSeeker said:

Yeah totally. It's not anyone's obligation either, people typically put up whatever they want.

You shouldn't let any of this bother you. It's just all for fun. Also what are views, thumbs ups/downs, and subscribers really worth? It's valueless numbers that don't mean anything. i used to have like a million on my second oldest channel before I gave it the axe; they're just numbers. If you like what you see, watch it, if you don't then just watch a different channel. Pointing this out to others is making no difference whatsoever. Also there are literally thousands of other mugen youtube videos out there; this one channel  certainly doesn't hurt mugen at all.

Maybe you missed a previous statement, but this guy has AD'S enabled on the videos, so he's making money off these fights, and if he did say it was MUGEN he would get ALOT more competition, that's why he doesn't answer the questions about if it's a game or where to get it.

I've seen people who warehouse KOF edits via Ad.fly and even I wouldn't go that far. The fact that video ads are on these videos is no better.

I thought all youtube videos had ads? Isn't that how youtube makes its money and is paid for and free to the public? I don't agree with it but there's nothing anyone can do about that.

I also helped manage a forum as an administrator and I know that the adfly issue is only present on free webhosting forums. Forums you don't pay for automatically add adfly to all links in order to pay for the forum/webpage service. Only when you pay for your own hosting will the adfly thing not be present since you are paying for it yourself. That's why you don't see ads on MFFA, IMT, and MFG; they are all paying not to have ads.

Making money off of copyrighted material however will get taken down over time but I believe only youtube will make that money through their ads. Unless youtube pays you for the videos then you'll both be responsible for the copyright issue. I believe it's youtube's job to take down copyrighted content to or else they'll face criminal charges.