Heracross released by Gladiacloud and Dylanius!

Gladiacloud

Gosh, he's slow. Frame 10 jab. That's slower than Bayonetta's.

Can't find too much yet other than standing medium being unable to combo into standing heavy in a corner. Minor nitpick being that the motion blur doesn't turn silver when Iron Defense is active.

1 hour ago, DarkWolf13 said:

I see a new MvC2-style potential candidate here!!! I'm excited!

FOUR BUTTONED. And please don't make it too skinny.

36 minutes ago, jenngra505 said:

Fury Attack, Retaliate and the last hit of Megahorn give power back.

I seriously need to watch for these often.

3 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

Gosh, he's slow. Frame 9 jab. Bayonetta would be proud.

Can't find too much yet other than standing medium being unable to combo into standing heavy in a corner. Minor nitpick being that the motion blur doesn't turn silver when Iron Defense is active.

I tried to make Heracross a toned-down "Mighty Glacier" of a sort. Slow but powerful.
oh yeah the motion blur not going silver I don't know why I didn't think about that.

8 minutes ago, Dylanius the Kirby said:

FOUR BUTTONED. And please don't make it too skinny.

I seriously need to watch for these often.

I tried to make Heracross a toned-down "Mighty Glacier" of a sort. Slow but powerful.
oh yeah the motion blur not going silver I don't know why I didn't think about that.

When I added him to my roster I made him slightly faster and slightly more powerful because I felt he was low tier.

2 minutes ago, jenngra505 said:

When I added him to my roster I made him slightly faster and slightly more powerful because I felt he was low tier.

tiresthumb.jpg

...but in all seriousness, though, do you really think I suck at making a Mighty Glacier out of a character that's supposed to be a Mighty Glacier in the Pokémon RPGs?

5 minutes ago, Dylanius the Kirby said:

tiresthumb.jpg

...but in all seriousness, though, do you really think I suck at making a Mighty Glacier out of a character that's supposed to be a Mighty Glacier in the Pokémon RPGs?

I just feel he could be a bit better balance wise.

I think the misspelling of Retaliate in the ReadMe was mentioned over at MFG, so...

-ReadMe states that Counter is activated using RDP Punch, when it's actually QCB Punch.

-Holding up while using the bubble shield on the ground causes a buzzing sound effect to play.

copypasta from MFG;

• All normals are safer on block than on hit
  • Most of the normals have little to no priority, including the jabs
  • j.X -> j.C is a corner infinite
  • Forward dash -> j.Z is another infinite

Additionally, i feel that Counter could use a slight tweak. While I like that you made it based on hitbox positioning like Gouken's counter in SF4 did, the idea that it still only counters attacks based on their hitdef properties still irks me. For instance, low hitting standing attacks do exist (certain LKs, for example), which the low counter will fail to detect due to it not being defined as crouching. I would set it up to be based on hitbox positioning alone, independent of hitdef properties aside the obvious Attack/Projectile/Throw differences.

Also the 10 frame startup on the jab someone else pointed out. Even for slow moving grappler types this is still pretty slow for a jab.

3 hours ago, Ricepigeon said:

Additionally, i feel that Counter could use a slight tweak. While I like that you made it based on hitbox positioning like Gouken's counter in SF4 did, the idea that it still only counters attacks based on their hitdef properties still irks me. For instance, low hitting standing attacks do exist (certain LKs, for example), which the low counter will fail to detect due to it not being defined as crouching. I would set it up to be based on hitbox positioning alone, independent of hitdef properties aside the obvious Attack/Projectile/Throw differences.

They all counter standing attacks, though light and medium also counter crouching attacks while heavy also counters aerials.

I was wondering about this character ever since mugen wikia had it up as a wip from gladicloud. The character is a nice fighter, true to its type, and it has very fluid and detailed animations.