How to Set hidden character palettes available for all buttons

Asef Hassan Amiz

Question

Hi everyone, well i have this mugen question which is very difficult to explain in words,
but oh well I will ask it anyways,
I downloaded these mugen characters like Yashiro (from kof) , Ken (from Svc) & Gaoh (samurai shodown 5)
The thing is - during the character selection in my roster, when i choose this Yashiro pressing ANY button WITH HOLDING the START button, i get to play as Orochi Yashiro instead of just Yashiro
The Same happens with Ken, when i HOLD START Button & press ANOTHER Button i get Violent Ken instead of normal Ken
and for Gaoh (SS5) , when i HOLD START Button i get the "Makai / Demon" Gaoh ( that armored boss from SS5) instead of the human Gaoh.
So Basically What I Want is to get these Hidden Characters available Pressing any button WITHOUT Holding the START Button.
because i find this really annoying always Holding the Start Button to get these Special Characters.
So here is my question, How do I make these Hidden characters available to play as  WITHOUT the Need of Holding the START Button.
Can Anyone Please Help ? Thank you Everyone

6 answers to this question

Palno is a trigger that returns the character's current palette.

Palno = 1 returns true when the character's first palette is chosen.

Palno = 12 returns true when the character's twelfth palette is chosen.

etc.

Such coding would be present within either the intro state decider, state 5900 or (maybe) one of the minus states (-2 or -3... Maybe -1? Lol?). The triggers are likely used to activate variable changes that tell the character to be someone else, but I don't have the characters on-hand to confirm this.

I apologise if this is going a bit over your head :P

As the other 2 have said it is correct, but those characters you mentioned are not new, they are old characters right?

It is possible it may be a variable issue, which can be linked back to palno.

Thank you So Much Everyone, it Finally worked, Now I dont have to hold the Start Button Anymore, The Hidden Character is Now Always Available with All Palletes

So For Anyone Who has the Same question in the Future, here is how I solved this Problem

First I Went to the Character's CNS File, then I searched for The word "Palno"

Once I found this Palno (inside the CNS NotePad) I changed the Numbers of this Thing - "( 7 , 12 )" into this - "( 1, 12 )"

& changed the "(1 , 6)" into "( 0 , 0 )"

So basically by Doing this I Made the Hidden Character ( Available for the Pallette numbers 7,8,9......,12, ) Now Available for ALL Palletes

Which Means that now if you Press Any button in the Roster for a Character, you will get the Hidden Character instead of the Normal Character

Thank you so much Everyone for Helping me with That,

I'm sorry I repost for some reason.....

I found this CNS file the word "Palno"

oE16FWR.png?1

I don't know if this a right and how to change this to play Hidden Character(Maki Kagura) instead Regular Character(Chizuru Kagura) WITHOUT Holding the START Button.BTW I download Chizuru and Maki by Ahuron.

Note: Please Help anyone and Sorry I confuse about how to set hidden character palletes.