Which anime disappointed you the most?

DuckMannnn

Which anime disappointed you most? Is it because of the irrelevant plot? Bad animation? Bad acting? Bad story?

Personally, Akame ga Kill! and Sword Art Online disappointed me the most. AGK had a weird and stupid ending where everybody dies except the team's leader (which I forgot the name sadly) and Akame who barely contributed to the story despite being supposedly the main character by having her name in the franchise's title. Apparently the studio who was making AGK wanted to rush things by giving it an improvised ending since the manga isn't finished yet

SAO's plot in the anime was too repetitive imo. Every episode was about Kirito this, Kirito that, and etc. I had to skip the last half of the anime's first season because it was taking me too long to watch. The anime didn't seem to have the "thing" that makes you want to continue watching it

Fate, I really REALLY despised Episode 1, it was pure filler at its finest, it would relentlessly barrage me with useless information...I lost interest in the 40 minute mark, ever since I'm convinced the only good thing I can stand of Fate is Seiba

Dragon Ball Super:

Was slow and pretty plot pointless at start (with all the movie re-do stuff) but at the start of Frieza´s Saga (before Golden Frieza) was interesting so c

urrently its a random from decent to bad on my list since the God´s Tournament started so is kinda there as Disappointing at times for me.

Heaven's Lost Property, the Angeloids were great characters, but because the show has an overall perverted focus and it's main character Tomoki is a pedo, If it were just about the angels and got rid of the perversions completely, then it could've turned out better, only reason I watched it is because of the Angeolids, Ikaros, Nymph and Astreaea, she may come from a show I hate but I still love her even with all the perverted nonsense associated with HLP. On Demand didn't make the synopsis sound so odd. I wasn't expecting to see it turn out like that.

Fans mostly because they refuse to see anime is just a medium for stories, like live film, western animation, and radio stories. Shit gets retarded.

I think the one that disappointed me the most was Saiyuki. I had to study Journey to the West for class, and it was a epic religious story about Buddhism and the native Chinese religion, Shenijao. So epic that a fictional character became a god actually worshipped by some people in Shenijao faith. DBZ and a bunch of other stuff is based on it. But the monkey took a back stage to the others, and there was way too much trying to be a cool nonchalant 80 pound bad ass. Pretty ass dudes better looking than women got kinda weird. And they took out all the super fights and monsters from the original story for standing around looking cool. It was like you gave a Rambo movie to some fem emos to redo. They watered the whole thing way down. I think if they put on the box "Saiyuki is Journey to the West for modern day young women", then it wouldve made alot more sense?

Oh yeah, I forgot to add Oreimo's 2nd season, ending was like wtf? Basically Kirino and Kyosuke kissed each other then the next day they go back to normal siblings. Still don't understand why didn't him pick Kuroneko instead

• 2 months later...

Pokemon (anime) series: don't get me wrong I understand its a show mainly for showcasing the pokemon but here are a few reasons:

1.) The Plot is the same-old,same old

2.) The series has gone too long.. its been 20 years already.....

3.) Using the same main character, yes im talking about Ash/Satoshi . Its about time for a new protagonist for the Anime series.

That just my perspective of course..

Haifuri. It had a promising start, but there's too much faffing about. Hell, I don't mind the mind control twist, but they messed up the execution heavily.  It's honestly reverse Madoka at this point, make it seem more serious at the start, then after three episodes, play the whole cute thing completely straight.

Really wish they stuck to rescue or school shenanigans if they were just gonna be cute girls doing cute things, and make it more serious if they really wanted to go for a mutiny survival or evil brainwashing rat plague. Well rescue would still work for a serious run but either way, they should have chose a tone and stuck to it. .

That being said, it's still better than Kancolle anime. At least the lead isn't a huge mary sue.

Oh god dammit, I knew I'd have to edit this post.

And while it is just the first episode, I don't see it improving. 

• 4 months later...

Berserk 2016 disappointed me with the missing story arcs and animation but overall even with the missing parts the story still felt solid

Sword Art Online made me wish I was dead while watching it

Akame Ga Kill's ending was kind of fucked up

but Sora No Otoshimono and Highschool DxD. I hate that kind of shit where the main character is a wish fulfillment for Otakus

• 1 year later...

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid and Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans are the two most disappointing anime series I've ever watched, nuff said........but at least ViVid had some good moments here and there and spawned a surprisingly decent spin-off named ViVid Strike. On the other hand, Gundam: IBO was cruel and mean-spirited even for Gundam standards at times and the conclusion of Season 2 ruined it so much that I refuse to watch that show ever again.

• 1 year later...

Honestly, the anime that disappointed me the most was No Game No Life. The ending left me going "well, this stinks". Personally, not a fan of reading manga, and in fact, I've only ever read one manga (Highschool of the Dead), but long story short... I'm not a fan of a lot of anime that leave you on a cliffhanger, that's probably the most frustrating thing to me about anime (well... that and anime with too many goddamn episodes).