Adapting Character Sprites to another palette

wicloud

Question

So im attempting to add a custom striker to a character using another characters striker, however im hitting a problem here, when i insert the sprite it makes it's own palette and that naturally causes the characters palette to mess up. my question is, am i able to adapt a different character's palette to another characters without having to repaint it? if not...I won't mind but the process of adding a striker to Pill will be a lot longer...

3 answers to this question

you can do it, but there is no need to do it.

i assume you are using fighter factory ultimate / classic.

do not use those as they are outdated, use Fighter Factory 3.

and you literally just add the sprites and it will add it's own sprites and it will work fine.

Here is an example of something I did.

i have all 3 ultimate, classic and 3. i attempted it in 3. if a sprite whose palette doesn't match the rest of the palette is detected, fighter factory 3 attempts to auto organize the sprites' palettes. That causes the character in my roster to lose access to all palettes except pal 1. I messed with Qua and Gum attempting to make a cool intro with those two *since they're on the same team* and Gum can only access it's pal 1 now, *qua remained fine*

13 hours ago, Ryon said:

you can do it, but there is no need to do it.

i assume you are using fighter factory ultimate / classic.

do not use those as they are outdated, use Fighter Factory 3.

and you literally just add the sprites and it will add it's own sprites and it will work fine.

Here is an example of something I did.

ok...i found out something....my computer has been opening stuff up in ultimate...........not 3...simple mistake...thanks ryon it works perfectly! and...i need to adjust the open program...

13 hours ago, Ryon said: