Marvel vs Capcom 2 Akuma/Gouki.v.1 - Original MvC2 1vs1 gameplay - (Author: Mouser)

REDHOT

Welcome back to MUGEN stranger.

There's an edits section in releases where you should have posted this, but I'm sure the mods'll move it. No real problem, but I'l test this.

I did hear you were one of the better coders at IMT.

Tested. Feedback:

- His light normals use Street Fighter SFX, which kinda clash with the rest of the character.

- The Messatsu Gou Hadou doesn't really behave right. It produces no hit sound, and the blast sound doesn't play (or it doesn't sync up and is too quiet).

I haven't unlocked him in the source yet, so I only have aesthetic things to point out. Good job so far.

9 hours ago, Big Green said:

Tested. Feedback:

- His light normals use Street Fighter SFX, which kinda clash with the rest of the character.

- The Messatsu Gou Hadou doesn't really behave right. It produces no hit sound, and the blast sound doesn't play (or it doesn't sync up and is too quiet).

I haven't unlocked him in the source yet, so I only have aesthetic things to point out. Good job so far.

- I´ll check the light normals, always works perfect to me, there´s something wrong with the sparkno in some hitdef maybe, this is because you have Street Fighter SFX in the fightfx.sff too.
- You´re right, this is because the sound of the blast and probably other hit they are located into a PlaySound, if the enemy doesn´t have a sound with the same value of Messatsu Gou Hadou blast (for example: "5,2", 5,3") the sound will not play, i´ll check this out.
Thanks, the v.2 with this things fixed will be upload soon.

21 hours ago, gui0007 said:

Did a demonstration video of him.

Thanks :), very good video, I´d like to record one, what program did you use?

13 hours ago, Big Green said:

When I meant SFX, I meant sound effects. Guess I used the wrong term.

I didn´t see the "S" my bad, sorry, anyway, I tried and all the sounds effects are from MvC2 :S, the light normals too, whatever is the enemy with i´m fighting with akuma, did you mind to tell me when that happens specifically? what hit or state?

12 hours ago, DarkWolf13 said:

Well, it's good to see that one of the MUGEN veteran coders has returned. Always good to see people enjoying the Tag System I edited.

Your edit of Akuma is amazing!

Thanks, your Tag System is very solid and effective, as your code for HyperPortaits for example, it´s perfect, congratulations to you and your team for the good work.
if one day you want to use this Akuma for your project, he´s all yours.

Soon, I´ll upload the v2 of Akuma, with minor changes in some hitdef in his punches (a little more realistic to MvC2), a bug in his Tatsumaki zankuu kyaku (the eletric helper appears when the enemy is also covered), and sounds of Messatsu Gou Hadou.

1 hour ago, Alex S. said:

You should play with 4 buttons instead of 6 for 'faithful MvC2 gameplay'.

haha is the only thing that I removed, for the simple fact that with 4 buttons you can´t do medium hits without you before hits the enemy with light punch or kick, and this is very annoying.

You can´t do either special "medium" moves (and for example, with Cyclops this is important).
Marvel vs Capcom 2 put the 4 buttons gameplay, because you can play with 3 characters, and there is no way to perform partner movements with 6 buttons if you got 3 players.

In MUGEN, FOR NOW, you can´t play with 3 characters,