E-101 Beta mkII and Egg Carrier stage

MGSSJ2

Character: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ks7aevwlb0m9ea6/MG-BetaMKII.rar

Stage: http://www.mediafire.com/download/87m00og4xba57d0/Egg_Carrier.rar

A quick character (2 months is quick, right?), but I think it turned out pretty good. Might glitch in 1.1 though.
Stage probably ain't that good, I've never been good with stage coding and even less with spriting, but I needed this stage :P

Any feedback is welcome :)

Your stage making is actually pretty good for a first product. There's only one minor problem where the part that's behind the background leaks in through a small crack but aside from that it's flawless.

As for the character...hoo boy. One, they're a bit too small. Two, WHY ARE THREE OF THEIR HYPERS UNBLOCKABLE?!

18 minutes ago, Dylanius the Kirby said:

Your stage making is actually pretty good for a first product. There's only one minor problem where the part that's behind the background leaks in through a small crack but aside from that it's flawless.

As for the character...hoo boy. One, they're a bit too small. Two, WHY ARE THREE OF THEIR HYPERS UNBLOCKABLE?!

If I had to guess it's because Beta's supposed to be like a boss character, though I feel as if having more than one unblockable super is a bit much. Though I do gotta agree with Beta being a bit too small.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder why didn't I see these posts earlier...

On 6/4/2016 at 3:34 PM, Dylanius the Kirby said:

On 6/4/2016 at 3:51 PM, Solid Snivy said:

If I had to guess it's because Beta's supposed to be like a boss character, though I feel as if having more than one unblockable super is a bit much. Though I do gotta agree with Beta being a bit too small.

Thanks. I knew about that stage bug, but I was unsure how to fix it, so I left it as it is :P

And about Beta's feedback, I only work with small sprites because there're no normal-sized spritesheets available for the characters I want to make, also I can easily get addons made by friends in this style; also the full game where Beta is featured has similar sprites. The unblockable thing wasn't intentional for the Power Laser (I kinda forgot it was), but the other beams are really easy to dodge, they're unblockable for balance

1: Eh, it's a mystery, too.
2: You could just use xscale/yscale to resize the sprites.
3: It's part of a fullgame?
4: It's unblockable to balance out the fact that it can be dodged...? Doesn't sound like much since they pretty much cover A LARGE CHUNK OF THE SCREEN, AND THAT THEY FOLLOW YOU PRIOR TO FIRING. This is especially a pain with Beta's strongest hyper, since they'll be firing off multiple blasts and if the stage is too short length-wise you're bound to take a hit!