Why da f*ck do some of my chars do infinite supers even with no bar??!!

uaguilar

Question

Why da f*ck do some of my chars do infinite supers even with no bar??!!

example char.    mvc guy by pots.   hes a awesome character, but when you fight him he just does infinite supers even with 0 bar.   is there something i can do ???  thanks!

15 answers to this question

Check super command in .cmd file. If it doesn't have "triggerall = power >= X", then that super will require no power(but will still consume that power, unless the same super, in .cns file, doesn't have any negative poweradd).

And by the way, are you sure thay Guy is MvC? Are you even sure this Guy is made by P.O.T.S?

i know! i even re checked the def file n it is guy by phantom of the server or what not.    it must be a mvc patch or something..... cause he does air combos like a mutha, and supers like mvc.    

okay i opened the cmd file.....  But i honestly dont know what im looking at and dont wanna screw it up

1 hour ago, uaguilar said:

i know! i even re checked the def file n it is guy by phantom of the server or what not.    it must be a mvc patch or something..... cause he does air combos like a mutha, and supers like mvc.    

I cant seem to open his command.cmd file....   just a black box pops up for a milisecond then goes away

It doesn't open through your usual double-click like you so used to do.

Instead, Right-Click and "Change" or "Modify", something like that.

okay.   n i see nothing that says trigerall = power>x

but i do see some that say trigerall = power>1000   something like that.

again, when i pick him, i cannot do infinite no bar specials..... but cpu can do it all day!?

maybe your confusing specials with EX moves which is more hits and can look like a super.

or is a full blown super with fancy sparks and everything?

If its 1 character I can fix it for you.

2 hours ago, uaguilar said:

okay.   n i see nothing that says trigerall = power>x

but i do see some that say trigerall = power>1000   something like that.

'x' is often used as an 'insert value here' type of thing when explaining things; you're not actually going to find anything with power>x because 'x' is not a valid value for the Power trigger ;)

On 3/16/2016 at 5:43 PM, Ryon said:

maybe your confusing specials with EX moves which is more hits and can look like a super.

or is a full blown super with fancy sparks and everything?

If its 1 character I can fix it for you.

*BUMP*  Dunno if you saw but i posted the guy on here now,   sorry to bother you man, but i'd appreciate it super duper greatly if you can fix his unlimited bars problem(only when hes cpu)

oh shit i forgot to reply. I fixed it.

19 hours ago, uaguilar said:

sweeeeet!  thank you so much

The reason why is because the AI is coded to do the supers with only 500 power.

go into CMD file, scroll down to AI parts, then look for the super. it will say something like power >= 500

change to 3000 for it to be normal.

o ok awesome will look into it n see if i can find it.    dunno if this GUY lol is on the Marvel vs Capcom guest fighters page....  from what i remember there wasnt a guy there at all.   if you want you can add him to the collection

check the red parts. this is an example

for the cns

;Super Slash Upper(lvl 1)

[Statedef 3000]

type=S

movetype=A

physics=N

anim=3000

poweradd=-1000

ctrl=0

velset=0,0

sprpriority=2

for cmd

[State -1, Super Slash Upper]

type=ChangeState

value=3000

triggerall=!AILevel && RoundState=2 && (stateno!=[3000,3001]) && StateType != A &&var(20) <= 60 && power >= 1000&&command ="Super Slash Upper"

trigger1=ctrl || StateNo=40 || StateNo=52 || (StateNo=[100,101])|| (StateNo = [110,111])|| (StateNo = [110,111])

trigger2=var(6)|| var(7)