Deemo and Alice (Character)

So I wanted to make Deemo and Alice from Deemo as a character for MUGEN.

Sa5gcdL.gifzHhuLn7.gifKb1Kagx.gifsMJ9pgI.gif

Update Log: 1

Thanks to Snivy I now have sprites for lots of different stuff. I can get to work on the boosts and maybe a boost select. The sprite sheet separator decided to be the biggest jerk ever and crash causing all of my progress to be deleted. Back the old drawing board...

What is Done

• Nothing

What I have access to that needs to be done

• ATK 2
  • ATK 3
  • ATK 4
  • Boost I'm wanting Deemo and Alice to change forms if a specific combo is placed out. It's going to increase their attack and speed but lower their defence by a bit.
  • Idle
  • ATK 1
  • Portrait
  • Running

What I want to do but have no access to

• Blocking Stand
  • Blocking Crouch
  • Low Attack
  • Jump
  • Special ATK 1 Going for a reference to the song 9.8 basically an attack that involves the opponent falling. Flowers could be there maybe?
  • Special ATK 2 Going for a Utopiosphere reference. Giant clock reaching 12:00 and exploding?
  • Crouch

As a note some other sprites need separation from each other. Such as a charging attack.

Gonna try and get one of my friends to voice Alice making the grunting sounds in her attacks.

16 hours ago, Solid Snivy said:

Well, after a bit of searching, I found something. Dunno if it'll help much, though. I'll try and see if I find anything else.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xrxvltl4bf405gb/AAB20ZE7krHa02ikRwbOigHja/50560?dl=0#

http://imgur.com/a/eueYb

That helps so much! Thanks! Looks like Deemo and Alice will have a selection as to what boost form they'll have. Saika will be more speed based and I think that Myosotis or Magnolia... will be more power based. Thanks very much Snivy!

11 hours ago, Remzy said:

Oh nice, I loved these two in their game and Brave Frontier, good luck on them.

Thanks! Hopefully they are easy to play!

17 minutes ago, 5555thExplosionMage said:

Gonna try and get one of my friends to voice Alice making the grunting sounds in her attacks.

That helps so much! Thanks! Looks like Deemo and Alice will have a selection as to what boost form they'll have. Saika will be more speed based and I think that Myosotis or Magnolia... will be more power based. Thanks very much Snivy!

Thanks! Hopefully they are easy to play!

No problem at all, dude. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Brave Frontier characters in Mugen sometime in the future. I mean, Spirit World Palmyna is already a stage.

• 1 month later...

Okay after a VERY long break I am getting back on track and I'm going to do my very best to make Deemo and Alice playable (mainly because I just saw Papyrus get released). So, I'm getting to work on first setting up a walking cycle. However, I am changing something. Instead of them changing forms from selection. Just for me to save time I am changing it to they change forms for specific attacks.

Myosotis mode will have the dubstep part of the song Myosotis playing as they attempt an auto combo.

Saika mode will have the intense part of the song Saika playing as they send a tornado of drums over.

The modes will last the extent of that location of the song and should (hopefully) be enough to deal a quarter damage to Kung Fu Man. Each of their sounds will be a piano note instead of my original idea of a young girl and whispers. Seeing how that doesn't work with the game (or spoils it depending on how you look at it) and it is just impossible for me to gather.

There will be a story part for the arcade. This is will be the chapter of Deemo called, "The Falling Girl" and when you beat arcade you will see a credits sequence showing everyone who helped with this character and of course Alice (and a certain someone) waving at the player with the words "Thanks for Downloading the Character!"

Pretty much everything is planned but if there are spriters who would like to help that would be absolutely perfect.