Will there ever be a new MUGEN verison or fan-made game/sequal?

Redrandomgamer

Hi, my name is Redrandomgamer and I was just wondering about a couple of things about the Mugen Community.

First off, I feel like the community is slowly dying. Idk why but it just seems that way for me. Is there any way to get people to join the community other than sharing the game with your friends? 

Second, Is there any potential way that we can all create a new, community supported update with new features and etc? 

If not I guess I'm just reaching a little bit :ReallyTruly:

Its not dying, its growing. Slowly, but still. If you go through all the very old posts and stuff, theres nothing but Akumas and sad ass KOF frou frou shit. Theres all kinds of wild shit now from anime, movies, comics and more. People are revamping old stuff too.

The sequel is Mugen 1.1, or Mugen 3. A sequel to that will probably be something with more immersive gameplay, maybe that allows 3D views of a stage. MK and SFV are 2D style fighters using 3D FX, there are near equals to those characters on mugen. Only thing I dont like about the community is too much chibi. Theres alot of talented artists, but if they spent as much time on 3D art fighters as they do on chibis and kawaii, we'd probably see a bigger bulk of material rivaling alot of SFIV and SFV. But hey, golden rule, if you love it and make it for yourself and decide to share what you made with passion for yourself, I cant really hate.

Just now, Mʀ. Stᴇal-Yoᴜʀ-Waifᴜ said:

Its not dying, its growing. Slowly, but still. If you go through all the very old posts and stuff, theres nothing but Akumas and sad ass KOF frou frou shit. Theres all kinds of wild shit now from anime, movies, comics and more. People are revamping old stuff too.

The sequel is Mugen 1.1, or Mugen 3. A sequel to that will probably be something with more immersive gameplay, maybe that allows 3D views of a stage. MK and SFV are 2D style fighters using 3D FX, there are near equals to those characters on mugen. Only thing I dont like about the community is too much chibi. Theres alot of talented artists, but if they spent as much time on 3D art fighters as they do on chibis and kawaii, we'd probably see a bigger bulk of material rivaling alot of SFIV and SFV. But hey, golden rule, if you love it and make it for yourself and decide to share what you made with passion for yourself, I cant really hate.

OMG YES! THANKS FOR THE INFO :sugoi:

Mugen has been around for a long time now. In fact, Elecbyte came back and updated their engine and released it numerous times with updates because of the fan following that never died.

However, a lot of the oldest mugen sites and forums and even downloads are offline. Like any website or forum the funding support does run out or it gets shut down for numerous reasons. 

Still though that doesn't mean mugen has died. Most of these groups migrated to other mugen places and a very small percentage of these guys actually retired. Some are still around though and have made come backs for a while.

Another thing to keep in mind is that even though some places die out, there are new places that start up. Some of these places are very big now or were depending on their activity as of late.

Some examples that I'm very familiar are CVG United a.k.a. Crusader Cast. A place that originally was SonicX mugen forums, which died out but was replaced by this far superior forum/mugen webpage. It's very popular and has had a ton of new content and is still in the game making business with some new stuff right now. Then that place split off into another forum called Mugen Multiverse, same deal pretty much but just newer and has a healthy flow of activity still. Then after that more members from crusadercast created another place pretty decent for mugen called Mugen the Atlas; a multiplex of gaming engines, including mugen!

Then of course there are the old titans that are still around and still kicking and still contributing. Mugen Fighters Guild is the most well known and the strongest out of all forums and known for it's fantastic database and has a lot of nice projects in progress. Then Infinity Mugen Team which has successfully done several full game releases and a great set of character collections created for the website and forum.

There is also a thread in this forum about currently active mugen communities just to prove that it isn't going anywhere and that it's still around.

Also keep this in mind, even if something should happen to the hobby in general where everything goes off line; it still wouldn't even be the end because millions of fans have an unhealthy collection of 300+ characters and stages all around the world which they will upload and share again. We'll get mugen from Antarctica if we have to LOL

RPG maker has been around longer than we have and it's still around and it isn't that different either.

Also there are still people right now making mugen clones. There was one a few years ago that came with a creator program!

Also Elecbyte came back after like 10 years or something which is insane and unlikely. So they may do that again and release another update for mugen in the distant future. Not that we aren't good right now with the current mugen updates which are enough for all of us. Mugen 1.0 is stable and fixes the problems of winmugen. Mugen 1.1 Beta is the latest version which includes a lot of new extra stuff to work with.

How can anyone be unsatisfied right now or yearn for more when we are at the peak of this engine's progress and history as a whole!

Frankly @Redrandomgamer, mugen is complete and stable as far as I'm concerned and can survive on its own now. If anything I'd like the developers to go back and bring us their original plan on making a first person shooter engine. I'd be interested in a 3D fighter engine and maker to! Heck, a 3D RPG engine similar to Skyrim would be cool to!

I think Mugen's just fine as it is honestly, there's so many characters, stages it's ridiculous, there's also Ef-12 3D Mugen engine, and there's version 1.1 of Mugen but it'd be interesting to see an update of some kind, I think it's perfect imo. You just might discover something new every day, there's all kinds of content across the net.