Saitama - One-Punch Man - 13 Mar 2017

BoyBoyz

my one suggestion is giving him a hitbox and making attacks hit him but do literally nothing like the show did. also maybe some special intro with your broly? of him getting annoyed at broly charging XD.

Just now, Laharl said:

my one suggestion is giving him a hitbox and making attacks hit him but do literally nothing like the show did. also maybe some special intro with your broly? of him getting annoyed at broly charing XD.

^This. Absolutely. If it can be done, give him a few intros with certain bosses where they see him, and just quit and walk off. Giving him a win without a fight even happening. Theres a Entei that runs off the moment the round starts

it can be done its just a helper that is used like super armor but negates all types of damage.

Secondly better idea is if the enemy has a LONG intro I think thats detectable to make saitama react to it with annoyance.

Yes he has this feature! Press and hold start. The taunt makes him stand there and get hit but not flinch or take damage, while recovering life and taunting when he gets hit! I wouldnt miss that big feature out man lolol.

LOL i didnt think of that reaction to long intro thing! How to detect long intros? Have to code specifically for some chatarcters or just make a voice play after some time? I have a yawning voice for saitama (the one where he faced the beast king).

ill look into the Y bug soon. Maybe its a problem with the other character because Saitama is coded quite simply

I would reccomend using the one wheres hes like "You done? shut up"

as for what I meant was to have that as part of him at all times boyboyz so when hes hit you hear the impact but it does jack shit. as for the intro detecting maybe checking how long his ai is off?

Oooh!hahaha giving him superarmor at all times isnt v fun lol. Need to let thr enemies beat him up (while he cant die) and he just suddenly kills them with one super. Reminds me of how he fought tatsumaki n said he just let her beat him up till she got tired lol

Omg yes the u done voice! Ok ill try something soon lol.

Why not give a source acc version with constant superarmor, and the other version without it? His superarmor should require at least 10 hit combo to even cause him to flinch. He should look like he doesnt care most of the time, not mad.

Otherwise very very nice. Have you thought of respriting him with those other sprites where he is full sized and regular dimensions?

Update:   Sorry, those who downloaded this update, there was another fix released to fix the background not turning when the move was done from the other side. Pls redownload if it bugs you.

1. Added a new move "Checkmate" where you'll instantly remember the Sonic's balls being crushed scene.  It's hilarious man u gotta try it!  D,DB,B + y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhCMujw2048&feature=youtu.be

2. Added a 5th intro, that of him yawning and saying "blah blah are you done?".  This is not a reaction to long intros, as it's hard to gauge which intros are very long and Broly for example, has 2 intros, one that is short and one that is long.  So I gave it up.

3. Added some AI, where he will definitely use a random super move at 1 powerbar.

4. Fixed some bugs/stuff.

Gave up doing the super armor thing, as it doesnt sit well with his programming.

Added screenbound to the meteor super, and adjusted some values so that it appears ok in smaller training stages.  But bigger stages (like those for huge bosses), will make some backgrounds look out of place.

Added the ability to do reverse air moves by pressing and holding Back when u execute the move, allowing for crossups.

He could be killed occasionally.  Hope I have fixed that properly this time.

Fixed other random bugs/ added some misc stuff.

And I forgot to credit JUS for the awesome sprites.

https://www.mediafire.com/?lsd108505blou44

hmm i could fiddle with the intro thing! Its definitely interesting to test!

theres actually a leftover superarmor code in the statedef -2 section, which i nulled out. The helper stateno is 11777.  Thing is i did not tweak it to show other facial expressions or voices. Its very plain n not recommended. It also messes up the hold start to become unhittable code, as well as the undying code (i think).

• 2 weeks later...

Canon Series Accurate One Punch Man

A edit I did of my friend BoyBoyz Saitama, but to make him accurate to the series. Pit him against prospectone's canonized Superman and coldskin1's series accurate Goku. BoyBoyz himself is cool with it and said i should post it up.

http://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=20102

Warning = to those who dont know the series, One Punch Man is unrealistically powerful, so you will experience what he can do in his stories.

Suggestion for the "blah blah are you done?" intro.
Have his other ones play out like normal, but if Saitama's coding recognizes that it's still roundstate = 1 instead of roundstate = 2 after a certain period of time, he goes straight to said "blah blah are you done?" intro.

Sorry I did not read all of the previous posts. but I was wondering for a super or rather an addition to an existing super.

Do you remember that scene where he was fighting the Deep Sea King, alot of people over look the fact that it was raining and after he punched him, he literally punched the rain away.

could you make it so after certain super or random supers, it would have random weather effects?

Yea i could try, the rain effect is a nice idea.

dylanus i actually tried that coding, but the intro would take unusually long and if u're in watch mode, u cant tap out of it. 

U all like the super armor mode? If so ill add it in (waifu edited on an earlier version with a bug i didnt solve yet). 

Just now, Ryon said:

he literally punched the rain away.

It hurts, its so good.

Just now, BoyBoyz said:

Yea i could try, the rain effect is a nice idea.

dylanus i actually tried that coding, but the intro would take unusually long and if u're in watch mode, u cant tap out of it. 

U all like the super armor mode? If so ill add it in (waifu edited on an earlier version with a bug i didnt solve yet). 

I didnt try to change him really, just produce a canon version. Seeing him trading blows with guys like Akuma and Madara just doesnt feel like the series. Even Toriyama said he would drop Goku at maximum power with one shot. Even I could sprite, Id try to help you resprite him, Im still learning.

I know considering the nature of the show, Saitama is a beast that can't be beat but is it possible to make a balanced version of him that could be defeated?  I'd absolutely use him on my roster if that was the case!  He is made extremely well and is fun to watch.  :3