Mewtwo by nyancha released 02/15/2016

kikifish

54 minutes ago, Galvatron said:

Hmm. another mewtwo eh!. let try this one out...

..However i don't think its going to compete with 100MegaShock's version of it...

This one is way better than megashock's 3d mewtwo. megashock's version for some reason had a bird beak face? Also it has funny proportions (extra wide hips, wide shoulders) that aren't anything like Mewtwo's appearances. It's weird like a giant dwarf. :S Plus megashock's version has street fighter and King of fighter attacks for some weird reason?

This new one feels like Gladicloud's Charizard, which is a fantastic Pokemon. I get a smash bros impression to which is a plus and he has some nice fitting moves, many of them signature moves from smash bros. Beautiful effects to! He also has a lot of moves!

The only thing I would like improved would be a little more shading of colors. Either that or just a sharper palette. The lie dead sprite could be redone to; the tail looks funny.

Also, and this is just for personal preference, I would prefer an english soundpack as opposed to the japanese smash bros. version.

Actually Megashock's version has more CvS feel and originality to me. :-P

This Mewtwo is good considering it has moves base from the SSB series

However:

- The author might want to fix the position of the Shadow Ball attack abit

- Also his disable attack should stun the opponent into a dizzy stat not knock-them down.

2 hours ago, Lord Valvatorez said:

good char but he got some pallete issues well unless he fix that 

I don't see any issues with his Pallete unless I over looked something..  (using 1.0)

Quoted from Guild:

"I guess the gameplay is supposed to be some weird take on Immaterial and Missing Power? Like, its gameplay seems to be based around flying in the air and spamming projectiles until its magic meter runs out and then gets stuck with horrible, horrible frame data normals until the meter recharges. God, its so floaty that its really hard to control when you jump too. Its missing required sprites and triggers debug flood with a good number of its moves as well.

And then there's the hitboxes:
izalxk.png
My god...

This Mewtwo is just a big mess overall."

~Alpaca-san

1 hour ago, Dylanius the Kirby said:

@Ax
So just remove the japanese quotes and replace it with the grunts, then?

I mean that I like any mewtwo to use the U.S. movie voice work over the traditional japanese lines and grunts. I don't know, it's just weird to me. Whenever i hear japanese mewtwo I for some reason think of Shin Gouki. It bugs the hell out of me XC Why does Mewtwo sound like an old samurai kung fu guy? I mean Mewtwo doesn't use karate, it doesn't fit at all! :P

16 minutes ago, AxSeeker said:

I mean that I like any mewtwo to use the U.S. movie voice work over the traditional japanese lines and grunts. I don't know, it's just weird to me. Whenever i hear japanese mewtwo I for some reason think of Shin Gouki. It bugs the hell out of me XC

Barely sounds like Akuma.
And besides, some people aren't fans of DAN GREEN, even if he is a ham at times.

16 minutes ago, AxSeeker said:

Why does Mewtwo sound like an old samurai kung fu guy? I mean Mewtwo doesn't use karate, it doesn't fit at all! :P

latest?cb=20140315235551

LOL

dude i was joking. I was making fun of the new gen stuff. I'm from the first gen of pokemon; you know the good ones.

XD

Some of the new gen stuff is cool but a ton is terrible. Not saying gen 1 didn't have bad ideas to but not as bad as the others. Sheesh!!!

Though I don't recall mewtwo from gen 1 being much of a brawler. I'm sure he relies on his psychic powers for the most part and i'm certain he's no martial-artist like ryu.

15 minutes ago, jenngra505 said:

Oh right, I forgot there's two branches of Mewtwo evos.

For something on topic with the character, the sprites are good but the gameplay not so much.

I'll agree there. This needs an update but so far it's damn impressive for what it has working.

13 hours ago, Mʀ. Stᴇal-Yoᴜʀ-Waifᴜ said:

or if you love him why not have both?

Because some people end up with a roster like this. (As in a roster filled with hundreds of versions of the same character)

On topic, it's an ok Mewtwo. Somewhat tricky to play as and has way too many hitboxes, but otherwise ok. If someone could fix it up, I'd consider putting in on my roster, but for now I'll stick with The 100 Mega Shock!'s version.