SPEC OPS MB-01 RELEASED!

O Ilusionista

I essentially have been waiting for to see this thing released for around 7 or so years to no avail..... until today. Just this topic title being real in itself is a very surreal sight to me. I could only imagine what DM would say if he was still around(or still held interest in Mugen). Going to miss a little how the original concept had the Charlie forelock, but MB-01's new cut and goatee look great as well as giving him an even more unique identity.

Thank you for taking the time to do this release right O Illusionista. it means a lot to me personally to see this myth of a creation that me and a few others raved over for years to finally become a reality. 

Phantom Blood definitely did great justice to MB-01 then. I remember he sought this char for some time as well.

DM or DarkMario666 was a fellow collector who was so interested with the character(He left a comment on your "Old Spec Ops MB-01" video), he even attempted to remake the character with your old screenshots of the W.I.P. you had on your site years ago, but in the end didn't succeed. MB-01 was his Holy Grail.

So it was him? I remember that someone tried to make an "alternative" version of MB-01 (and from other characters) while I was away from Mugen.

While I face this as an homage - because people likes my works - I do prefer to make it myself :)

And there will be another Spec Ops character soon...

BYW7DxI.png

Yeah of course, the original author knows his ideas and character style the best. It can just be seen as compliment to the high quality of your work.

It would be fantastic to see Vegatron come to life as well after all these years. I would say, this character would also fall in the category of "mythical" Lol. Best of luck to putting him together.

7 hours ago, O Ilusionista said:

So it was him? I remember that someone tried to make an "alternative" version of MB-01 (and from other characters) while I was away from Mugen.

While I face this as an homage - because people likes my works - I do prefer to make it myself :)

And there will be another Spec Ops character soon...

BYW7DxI.png

That Person was me; AxSeeker or as I was known at the time at TheHiddenElect.com, Boris.

DarkMario666 asked me to finish this dead wip like 7 or 8 years ago. I was a new creator at the time and DarkMario666 asked me to do this for him.

I remember you even talked to me about this WIP and you said something like..."don't do this wip, I'm going to finish it one day..."

I really had no interest in it and I was just doing this for a friend. I sent him an un-coded alpha with a bunch of made up attacks and winposes in .gif form. The alpha that I sent was a palette edited charlie with some edited sprite animations.

Unfortunately I lost these sprites long ago but I didn't mind since it was just practice for me.

Anyway, I can't believe this one finally got done. I never thought I would see it again. I had thought that MB-02 replaced this WIP officially; and that the charlie version was officially replaced by Sagat. I didn't know they were separate projects that were to co-exist? DarkMario666 told me just a few things about this project and he didn't tell me too much. A lot of it was just guesswork. He told me to make it work like The Terminator from the 90s movie. I think i did a shiny animation, some kind of Glacius liquid teleportation and some other stuff with a chainsaw?

Perhaps our friend DarkMario666 will finally now be satisfied by this long awaited release; assuming he's still online and interested in mugen.

You kept him waiting a long time O Illusionista!

:=D: