4808~ characters, many from MUGEN Museum, some from my sporadic decade-long personal archive. Yes. there are some leaks in here too.

PZT

@AxSeeker, Actually since that incident years ago I have no spoken to them, But He is the salty one, I just asked him why he stole it and they never got back to me.

@PZT, Laxxe hasn't broken any of the rules here so I never had a need to ban him or anything.

Now to download this monster!

• 2 weeks later...

mugenarchive owner here

a friend pointed me to this thread and I had such a good laugh I had to make an account for this, sorry, although I'm usually pretty busy

first the "banner incident" has nothing to do with anything, and as someone pointed out, the irony is laughable, I mean, "thieves" complaining about being stolen xD it was funny back then and didn't get old one bit xD

I really didn't mean to offend anybody back then I just didn't give a damn, nor did I have the time to care but the salt seemed so strong that I ended hiring some artists

anyway, the real reason for the grief was elsewhere, on the guild, where an ex admin (demoted now) who was close to some ffa members has censored our site, I have always suspected it was a cheap shot at the competition but maybe I'm a bit paranoid

anyway now I'm too old and busy to care about such drama, and tbh I probably wouldn't even know how to undo it, the community is self managed, and other than the coding and hosting I'm not much involved with the site anymore

thanks again for the good laugh my good friends xD

and take care ;)

This is amazing but I noticed it's heavily focused on oldschool, western characters/creators. There's a whole world of unexplored private edits on Youtube, you know. I don't think there's a single (prefix) Orochi/Mizuchi (suffix) in there other than God Orochi.

While you wait for hosting services to play catch the full roster would theoretically grow, it's useless. Have you consider torrenting it? 1Tb is not that much, plus it's to be secured. How many copies you have of it?

Dont let neckbeards and hair salon girls piss you off. If you cant ignore them, youd never survive THOTs on Facebook. Just ignore them, they come online to fuss and fight everyday because thats what they do. They love it, dude. So post your stuff up, share, and if they bug you, well, fuck em.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2016 at 8:03 PM, wiseman said:

mugenarchive owner here

a friend pointed me to this thread and I had such a good laugh I had to make an account for this, sorry, although I'm usually pretty busy

first the "banner incident" has nothing to do with anything, and as someone pointed out, the irony is laughable, I mean, "thieves" complaining about being stolen xD it was funny back then and didn't get old one bit xD

I really didn't mean to offend anybody back then I just didn't give a damn, nor did I have the time to care but the salt seemed so strong that I ended hiring some artists

anyway, the real reason for the grief was elsewhere, on the guild, where an ex admin (demoted now) who was close to some ffa members has censored our site, I have always suspected it was a cheap shot at the competition but maybe I'm a bit paranoid

anyway now I'm too old and busy to care about such drama, and tbh I probably wouldn't even know how to undo it, the community is self managed, and other than the coding and hosting I'm not much involved with the site anymore

thanks again for the good laugh my good friends xD

and take care ;)

Im glad you got a good laugh, I'm starting to feel like that to these days.

@ZXRagna This is a good file if you want to look at some of the older historical mugen works. I'm talking stuff from like 16 years ago.

This is good. I'm very glad I wasn't the only person who believed that everything should be shared as I do find it very silly for a creator to not share their works with anyone(looking at your chespin and victini, @GarchompMatt, as well as many others with "private characters"). If I actually had the skill to make characters like others here in the MUGEN community, I'd gladly share all of them, from WIPs to completed characters. One of the few people I know that is like that is Chuchoryu; even if a lot of his characters are unfinished, he still shares them despite their status, and even if they feel rough, I still respect the fact that he willfully shares them with the entire community, despite the amount of flak he receives for their quality. Thanks for this share, @PZT, and hopefully more creators follow this method of sharing everything with the community.

6 hours ago, Jirobou said:

i didn't count 4808, nice share regardless, if more people do that, much less stuff lost forever, more people happy, but this community is one of the most selfish i've ever seen, especially these greedy collector wannabee bastards who think it's cool to keep stuff private

I'm surprised this thread is still going!

Though I wanted to comment on what you said there...

I don't think it's the most selfish in fact I think it is the most giving. The selfish part is like 1% (the guys on youtube that show and tell only) really, especially now a days. The proof is that we have so many downloads and characters online right now as we type from various sources. If it was truly greedy there would hardly be any by both the fan collectors and creators alike.

But yeah i understand that the few that don't share makes it feel like we're losing out a lot on something really cool, which is unfortunate for everyone, including the one who doesn't share their downloads. It's a blow that hurts us all and our ever growing hobby.

3 hours ago, AxSeeker said:

I'm surprised this thread is still going!

Though I wanted to comment on what you said there...

I don't think it's the most selfish in fact I think it is the most giving. The selfish part is like 1% (the guys on youtube that show and tell only) really, especially now a days. The proof is that we have so many downloads and characters online right now as we type from various sources. If it was truly greedy there would hardly be any by both the fan collectors and creators alike.

But yeah i understand that the few that don't share makes it feel like we're losing out a lot on something really cool, which is unfortunate for everyone, including the one who doesn't share their downloads. It's a blow that hurts us all and our ever growing hobby.

you know what? you're actually right, a minority makes the community look far worse than it really is

• 1 year later...

I apologize for the necrobump, but can somebody please reupload this (preferably in parts) to zippyshare or something? Mega now has stupid bandwidth limits.

EDIT: Well, the file eventually downloaded thanks to the help of external software. Thanks for the big dump of characters! I like how there are lots of storyboards, soundpacks, etc. and older versions too.

• 3 years later...