Basara's WIP Thread: The MFFA Branch Office (now with new projects!!)

Basara-kun

Hi people, since I've posting a lot here since 2015, I decided this 2016 to make my official WIP thread with my future chars and projects in MFFA. Here you are:

On works

Spoiler

kim.gifstephen-big.gif
1. Kim Pine & Stephen Stills
GAME: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
ADVANCE: 40%
STATE: Finishing her basics
Kim would be my 2nd resprite project after Scott Pilgrim, but since I couldn't get good screenshots to resprite her and DA spriters still don't make good sprites to ask permissions, I left her on hold. Now, Maverick PK ripped her and her sheet is out, so time to remake her again!! Reworking on her and starting her CS, and also started with Stephen Stills to get the complete Sex Bob-Omb made by me
kim1.pngstephen.png

fuego-small.gif
2. Fuego
GAME: Original
ADVANCE: 40%
STATE: Basics finished, seeing her movelist and voice
Her name is unknown by now (in reality I didn't think one for her), but her nick means "Fire" in Spanish, so she's probably a latina (and a spicy one :kiss2:). As her name says, she'll use fire powers and she's after Blizzard to "warm up" a little ❤️ (think about Kisarah after Joe in AODK). A character I got my head long time ago and now I want to make something real with her. I made a complete look with her portrait (here's a complete version). As you can see, she'll use ROTD's Sonia sprites, but don't worry, she'll play as Sonia as Blizzard plays as Reiji Oyama (that means, nothing). Found a MUGEN version of Sonia where I got the SFF and then changed the colors to start the AIR and coding in general. About the voice, I'm looking for a new one, probably I'd recruit some of my girl friends on FB use KOFXV Zarina voice for her as I used KOFMI's Soiree voice on Blizzard 😛
ffwpBhY.pngO0r9qON.png

esatomi.gif

3. Evil Satomi Yajima

GAME: Advanced Variable Geo 2/V.G. Custom + Variable Geo OVA
ADVANCE: 30%
STATE: Getting all basics, now making her moves

Satomi is not just the Ken Masters for the Ryu that is Yuka Takeuchi, in the OVA based on the games she's also brainwashed to be an "evil" version of her, just like Ken in the SFII Anime Movie. Saying this, I'm gonna adapt her into MUGEN to be so deadly and powerful as the OVA, so wish me luck 😉

YKF79Ub.png

bishamon2.gif

4. Bishamon
GAME: Darkstalkers + Night Warriors (DS1+2)
ADVANCE: Beta 1 (released)
STATE: Going back to work
The samurai youkai from Darkstalkers, retaking this beta to becoming a full-finished character. It was planned in a beginning to finish him for 2020 Halloween, but I couldn't do it at time, mostly because I'm still working on the sword-throw system. But this time I'm receiving help on Guild's Discord, so I hope to finish him as he deserves... wish me luck on it

bisha2.pngbisha3.png

On hold (by now)

Spoiler

leon.gif
1. Leonhalt Domador
GAME: Aggressors of Dark Kombat
ADVANCE: 85%
STATE: Restarting him for AODK Project
Revamp of Arma_X's Lionhalt. After long time battling with the mess on AIR, at last I could finish its fix, so now I can start to work
Differences between Arma_X's and Basara's
-New basic poses (ripping them right now)
-New palettes
-Complete AIR fix and adjusted axis
-Fixed all specials and supers
-New values for damages
-New specials and supers
-Added AODK FX and sounds
-Special intro against my Joe Kusanagi
leon.pngleon2.png

larry2.gif
2. Larry Light
GAME: Power Instinct 3: Groove on Fight
ADVANCE: 60%
STATE: On hold
An old project I was making from this awesome and underrated game. Just with basics, standing normal attacks and some palettes. Thanks to Phantom Blood and Ryoga_rg, now I got the sounds, Made a few of them, adding sparks and FX now. Freezing since years, I hope to finally finish this character as he deserves this 2016, wish me luck!!
larry2.pnglarry3.png

fuuma.gifbobby.gif
3. Kotaro Fuuma and Bobby Nelson
ADVANCE: 10%
STATE: On hold by now
Both chars needs to be done for complete all AODK chars on MUGEN, so I started what I call "AODK Project", that consists on using Shimon's Bobby stuff (sprites only... and maybe sounds too) and revamp Yoshi-OK's Fuuma (remaking CNS and starting to rip sounds) making them using Yoshi-OK's and Shimon's SFF and Joe as base for them, apart of finishing Leonhalt and update Joe, of course. Starting with this self-called project for this 2016

qqn5ofE.pngbobby1.png

chiho2.gif
4. Chiho Masuda
GAME: AVG2 + VGC
ADVANCE: 50%
STATE: All basics done, now making the specials
My favourite girl from Variable Geo series, I love her since always. The ninja of the roster and one of the 6 original characters from the first game (along with Yuka, Jun, Manami, Kaori and Reimi), finally I can made her based in her appearances in AVG2 and VGC. Also, she'll have a secret mode with all classic moves from first VG games (VG1, VG2, AVG1/Super VG), soon you'll know about it. Just like Bishamon, all basics are ready, now adding her normal punches and kicks (she has a few now). After making official Evil Satomi, I'm going back to work on her as well to update False Yuka, time to pay my debt with all of you...
chiho2.pngchiho4.png

alex.gifsin.gif
5. Alex & Sin
GAME: Super Cosplay War Ultra
ADVANCE: 15%
STATE: Ensembling SFF and SND
Bored of no one else making any other SCWU character apart of Moldredd's Rario, I decided to break that and start my own chars from this awesome doujin game. Alex is Power Rangers cosplayer and Sin is Terror Movies cosplayer (and prior Moldredd's WIP, unfinished and unreleased). The first one is in ripping state and the second one got the sprites and making AIR Now that I got all sprites and souds from both of them I'll start to ensembling their SFF and SND to get them ready. You won't see them at least until 2016 2018 dunno, but they aren't confirmed now
alex2.pngsin1.png

04Vk61j.gif

6. NGPC Morrigan Aensland

It has to be happen. After managing too much the Neo Geo Pocket Collection, I wanted to make some chars from NGP games, and so started with these two: Ukyo Tachibana from Samurai Shodown! 2 (port of SS64-2) and Morrigan Aensland from SVC: Match of the Millennium. I'm making both together, so expect to be released soon =P Ukyo was released, but I got some problems with Morrigan, so I delayed her by now, I hope to get back to her soon

7D56Zyd.png

I hope to add another projects of mine (like lifebars and Anti-Gouki Project fullgame), but by now only this. I hope you like this thread, guys!!  :bye:

Thanks guys :ReallyTruly: I hope to advance more on these WIPS, as well to finish Bishamon and Taiga, progress I'll post here too ;)

7 minutes ago, Phantom Blood said:

Hahahaha, what a memory XD Yeah, I ditched him months ago, but now since Scaner's website goes offline (and Web Archive can't play his Java cube with the links), probably I should do something to the respect =P

9 hours ago, Basara-kun said:

Hi people, since I've posting a lot here since 2015, I decided this 2016 to make my official WIP thread with my future chars and projects in MFFA. Here you are:

On works

Hide contents

leon.gif
1. Leonhalt Domador
ADVANCE: 85%
STATE: Restarting him for AODK Project
Revamp of Arma_X's Lionhalt. After long time battling with the mess on AIR, at last I could finish its fix, so now I can start to work
Differences between Arma_X's and Basara's
-New basic poses (ripping them right now)
-New palettes
-Complete AIR fix and adjusted axis
-Fixed all specials and supers
-New values for damages
-New specials and supers
-Added AODK FX and sounds
-Special intro against my Joe Kusanagi
b-leon.pngb-leon2.png

dalek.gif
2. Dalek
GAME ORIGIN: Doctor Who
STATE: Planning movelist, adding some moves
One of the most deadliest and famous enemies of the Doctor, Dalek made an appearance as the first character from this british sci-fi series for MUGEN in the form of my 2014 AF character. And I revealed my master plan: make him a character since the beginning. To know more info, see his WIP thread in Mugen Guild ;)

dalek2.pngdalek4.png

joe-sf1.gif
3. Joe/Ghost
GAME: SF1 + SFA/CVS + FFSW
ADVANCE: 35%
STATE: Got new sprites, restarting him
Interested since the first time david_bazbal started with his project of remaking Street Fighter 1 forgotten chars with new sprites from various games (PIM, KOF, Garou, etc), I offered since the beginning to code his Joe. Now finally I got his permission and together will work until make this char finished ;) starting to work on him, using Falchion's Joe as base and modifying from there. OK, found finally David, so now restarting him, but no news by now, back on hold
joesf1.pngjoesf4.png

envy.gif
4. Envy Adams (+ Lynette Buycott)
ADVANCE: 20%
STATE: Finishing basics
Yeah, originally I wanted to make Kim Pine after Scott and Nega Scott, but since I couldn't get good screenshots of her then I left her. Then appeared Maverick PK who started to rip SPvTW sprites, and then I saw Envy and I said to myself "why not??". So I'm making her with Lynette as her companion just like in the game, I hope to get something interesting from this :P
envy1.pngenvy2.png

kim.gif
5. Kim Pine
STATE: Downloading sheet, starting her
Kim would be my 2nd resprite project after Scott Pilgrim, but since I couldn't get good screenshots to resprite her and DA spriters still don't make good sprites to ask permissions, I left her on hold. Now, Maverick PK ripped her and her sheet is out, so time to retake her again!!
kim1.pngkim2.png

On hold (by now)

Hide contents

rose2.gif
1. Rose
GAME: Street Fighter Alpha series + CVS + POTS
ADVANCE: 5%
STATE: Remaking her in my own style
Yes, Rose is still alive and still fighting to bring her to MUGEN. Originally part of my extincted "B-kuna la POTS" project, where I tried to convert various chars into POTS/Pseudo-CVS style but I ditched it since I couldn't concrete that. Now she's on hold but still alive, probably will be made into a custom CVS style, same for the other WIPS from B-kuna la POTS: K', Adon, Kula and some others. If Rose is done, probably I'll use her as base for the mentioned chars...
rose4.pngrose6.png

alex.gifsin.gif
2. Alex & Sin
GAME: Super Cosplay War Ultra
ADVANCE: 15%
STATE: Starting them, ripping state basically
Bored of no one else making any other SCWU character apart of Moldredd's Rario, I decided to break that and start my own chars from this awesome doujin game. Alex is Power Rangers cosplayer and Sin is Terror Movies cosplayer (and prior Moldredd's WIP, unfinished and unreleased). The first one is in ripping state and the second one got the sprites and making AIR. You won't see them at least until 2016, but they're confirmed now ;)
alex2.pngsin1.png

larry2.gif
3. Larry Light
GAME: Power Instinct 3: Groove on Fight
ADVANCE: 60%
An old project I was making from this awesome and underrated game. Just with basics, standing normal attacks and some palettes. Thanks to Phantom Blood and Ryoga_rg, now I got the sounds, Made a few of them, adding sparks and FX now. Freezing since years, I hope to finally finish this character as he deserves this 2016, wish me luck!!
larry2.pnglarry3.png

chiho2.gif
4. Chiho Masuda
GAME: AVG2 + VGC
My favourite girl from Variable Geo series, I love her since always. The ninja of the roster and one of the 6 original characters from the first game (along with Yuka, Jun, Manami, Kaori and Reimi), finally I can made her based in her appearances in AVG2 and VGC. Also, she'll have a secret mode with all classic moves from first VG games (VG1, VG2, AVG1/Super VG), soon you'll know about it. Just like Bishamon, all basics are ready, now adding her normal punches and kicks (she has a few now)
chiho2.pngchiho4.png

fuuma.gifbobby.gif
5. Kotaro Fuuma and Bobby Nelson
Both chars needs to be done for complete all AODK chars on MUGEN, so I started what I call "AODK Project", that consists on using Shimon's Bobby stuff (sprites only... and maybe sounds too) and revamp Yoshi-OK's Fuuma (remaking CNS and starting to rip sounds) making them using Yoshi-OK's and Shimon's SFF and Joe as base for them, apart of finishing Leonhalt and update Joe, of course. Starting with this self-called project for this 2016

frosty2.gifbman-big.gif

6. Bad Mr. Frosty and Boogerman
GAME: ClayFighter 63 1/3
After the success of Earthworm Jim, I want to convert more characters from this great but underrated game for MUGEN, most now that are other CF chars made for MUGEN (like DrKelexo's Jim and Some Guy's Kung Pow), so I started to work on Bad Mr. Frosty and Boogerman. Originally they should have the same ripping method I used for Jim, but since almost all the chars were "ripped" (if I should called like that) by Mr.C and Random Talking Bush, now I'm looking to make a new method to adapt those sprited at the same style than Jim and then get fast results. Without time to make them in past years, I hope this 2016 will be the year for both chars

frosty2.png

I hope to add another projects of mine (like my lifebars and Anti-Gouki Project fullgame), but by now only this. I hope you like this thread, guys!!  :bye:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo your doing more SP characters damn i mean thats great but ugh i guess i shall show off my crap now >_< 

Also good to see your back ^_^

Noice, another awesome MUGEN author decided to join MFFA.

P.S.: As a Whovian, I'm already hyped for your Dalek WIP.

Doctor Who definitely needs more exposure in MUGEN.

I mean, I would code The Doctor himself in a heartbeat if only someone would have sprited him (which sadly will never happen).

41 minutes ago, Captain Papyrus said:

I mean, I would code The Doctor himself in a heartbeat if only someone would have sprited him (which sadly will never happen).

The only question remains; which incarnation of The Doctor?

Personally I'm partial to the Fourth, War Doctor, Tenth, and Twelfth.

I would probably stay with Twelfth and make a super a la 2001 Athena with all his past regenerations appearing in a super ;) but yeah, I've to complete Dalek as a normal character instead a boss/joke one as it is now

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm back with MUGEN, but instead working on chars from the list, I've working more on Bishamon, making the Snap Sword (Haneyaiba) system for him, as well the rest of the specials and supers I didn't included. I hope to update him during these weeks or maybe in March, wish me luck :OhYeah: (same with Taiga, the next on the list, now I finally got the sparks from the game)

• 2 weeks later...

kIgaNLn.pnggiJMeE8.png

After all of these years of abandoned him for considering one of my failures in MUGEN and a lot of petitions of make him online again and/or rework on him, a light of hope sparkled in me few days ago...

Yeah, I'm remaking Megaman, I just started these days, and the first big change is he will be more a fighter than a platformer as I designed him before. These are the first 2 advances I can show of him: his normal punch and kick like most of MUGEN characters out there. The buttons for Mega Buster (normal and charged), Special Weapons, Slide and Call Strikers will remain the same, but the way to make Special Weapons will change.

These are the changes for Megaman:
-Now will be a selection of his best moves instead trying to make them all
-Adding MUGEN basics: Run/Backrun, Crouch, Guard and some others
-Only 2 Modes this time: button = MM1-6; start+button = MM7-10 + MM&B
-24 new palettes, based on various sources apart of the games, like Bad Megaman, partners like Protoman and Bass and the ones from Super Smash Bros.
-Special Weapons now will be performed by classic MUGEN commands (since F/B/D+button to QCF/QCB commands)
-2 Special Weapons per mode will be performed by using punch/kick buttons (MM's physical attacks like MM3 Top Spin and MM5 Charge Kick)
-Rock Upper and one of historical Shields will be used by any of 2 modes
-9 Special Weapons per mode will be with classic MUGEN commands, 6 used little part of power and 3 are supers which uses 1 level...
-... and that's mean powerbar will be added to the character!!

Since I still got the old Megaman which have most of the moves already sprited and coded, it's time to remake him as I fully desired finally. Just starting days ago, I hope to make this great (and for nostalgic ones, I can re-upload old version when the new one is finished)

Just now, Basara-kun said:

kIgaNLn.pnggiJMeE8.png

After all of these years of abandoned him for considering one of my failures in MUGEN and a lot of petitions of make him online again and/or rework on him, a light of hope sparkled in me few days ago...

Yeah, I'm remaking Megaman, I just started these days, and the first big change is he will be more a fighter than a platformer as I designed him before. These are the first 2 advances I can show of him: his normal punch and kick like most of MUGEN characters out there. The buttons for Mega Buster (normal and charged), Special Weapons, Slide and Call Strikers will remain the same, but the way to make Special Weapons will change.

These are the changes for Megaman:
-Now will be a selection of his best moves instead trying to make them all
-Adding MUGEN basics: Run/Backrun, Crouch, Guard and some others
-Only 2 Modes this time: button = MM1-6; start+button = MM7-10 + MM&B
-24 new palettes, based on various sources apart of the games, like Bad Megaman, partners like Protoman and Bass and the ones from Super Smash Bros.
-Special Weapons now will be performed by classic MUGEN commands (since F/B/D+button to QCF/QCB commands)
-2 Special Weapons per mode will be performed by using punch/kick buttons (MM's physical attacks like MM3 Top Spin and MM5 Charge Kick)
-Rock Upper and one of historical Shields will be used by any of 2 modes
-9 Special Weapons per mode will be with classic MUGEN commands, 6 used little part of power and 3 are supers which uses 1 level...
-... and that's mean powerbar will be added to the character!!

Since I still got the old Megaman which have most of the moves already sprited and coded, it's time to remake him as I fully desired finally. Just starting days ago, I hope to make this great (and for nostalgic ones, I can re-upload old version when the new one is finished)

Its nice to see the SF style commands to him. I always hated having to block using a button or the platformer and SSB commands for a character in a CvS or SF or MK filled fighting game. People go crazy over SSB, and its fun for real, but that style just doesnt fit with a classic or non-PG fighter. Keep it up, he looks great! Will you give Rush a cameo?

Thanks guys :ReallyTruly: i hope this time I make the things well and develop a good megaman character that can be played in MUGEN like in the origin games instead another MVC Megaman char. I hope to get you more news about him and other chars I've to retake of my old WIPs

• 2 weeks later...

RQYUZUQ.png2Uq49f9.png

Finally I can show you some of my advances on Megaman!! These are some of what I did:

-Added air punch and kick, as you can see in first image I reused Slide sprites and looks very cool as air kick :D

-Mode 1 (MM1-6) is practically finished!! I just added the moves I'll use for this mode (already coded), just need to fix/add some of them

-Similar than above, worked on Mode 2 (MM7-10 + MM&B), got like the half of the moves (already coded), now making some of the ones aren't in Megaman (mostly from MM10) and remaking some others (from MM9)

-As seen in the second pic, Megaman now has a super screen for some of the Special Weapons I designed as supers for him, only need to add a big image of MM as BG just like chars as Scott Pilgrim opr Shuma-Gorath

Wow, I did a lot these days, at the point I can say maybe the next week I could finish and release this new version of Megaman!! :D I tried to make a video of his actual gameplay, but my PC gave me problems and I couldn't do it now u_u however, this is the official movelist he'll have:

Both Modes

Spoiler

-Basic Moves: x (punch), y (kick), a (Mega Buster, chargeable), b (Special Weapon), c (Slide)

-Rock Upper (MVC): F, D, DF + x

-Special Shield: D, DB, B + x (the shield changes depending of the mode choosen)

-Strikers (use 1/2 powerbar):

-Protoman/Blues: z
   -Bass/Forte: D + z
   -Duo: D, DF, F + z
   -Auto/Lightbot: D, DB, B + z

-Megateam: D, DF, F x2 + z (Lv2 hyper)
-Magnetic Shockwave (MVC): D, DB, B x2 + x (Lv3 hyper)

Mode 1: Megaman 1-6 (selectable with button)

Spoiler

-Special Shield: Leaf Shield (Woodman)

-Top Spin (Topman): D, DB, B + y
-Charge Kick (Chargeman): D, DF, F + y
-Metal Blade (Metalman): b
-Water Wave (Waveman): D + b
-Silver Tomahawk (Tomahawkman): D, DF, F + b
-Hard Knuckle (Hardman): carga D, F + b
-Thunder Beam (Elecman): D, DB, B + b
-Pharaoh Shot (Pharaohman): F, D, DF + b

-Super Arm (Gutsman): D, DF, F x2 + b (Lv1 hyper)
-Air Shooter (Airman): D, DB, B x2 + b (Lv1 hyper)
-Rain Flush (Toadman): D, DF, F x2 + x (Lv2 hyper)
-Gravity Hold (Gravityman): D, D, B, F + b (Lv3 hyper)

Mode 2: Megaman 7-10 + Megaman & Bass (selectable with start+button)

Spoiler

-Special Shield: Junk Shield (Junkman)

-Rock Ball (MM8/MVC): D, DB, B + y
-Tengu Dash (Tenguman MM&B): D, DF, F + y
-Wave Burner (Burnerman): F, D, DF + b
-Danger Wrap (Burstman): D + b
-Slash Claw (Slashman): b
-Black Hole Bomb (Galaxyman): carga D, F + b
-Triple Blade (Blademan): D, DB, B + b
-Laser Trident (Splashwoman): D, DF, F + b

-Tornado Blow (Tornadoman): D, DF, F x2 + b (Lv1 hyper)
-Solar Blaze (Solarman): D, DB, B x2 + b (Lv1 hyper)
-Lightning Bolt Attack (Dynamoman): D, DF, F x2 + x (Lv2 hyper)
-Astro Crush (Astroman MM8): D, D, B, F + b (Lv3 hyper)

Phew, a lot of info, eh?? XD I hope to concrete all of this things, wait for more advances!! :OhYeah: