Character Roster predictions for SSB (NS port)

Galvatron

27 minutes ago, DarkWolf13 said:

I hope they don't overdo the additions of third-party characters. As much as I like the idea of it but they really overdid it in SSB4, Especially after Platinum's Bayonetta and Square Enix's Cloud joined the roster. We have 5 third party companies in SSB4... let's hope the next game tone down on those...

I really agree with you on that fact Darkwolf13, which the reason my outlook on the next smash roster won't have many third party characters. on an exception for keeping Sonic, Mega-Man, Pac-man an as well as Bayonetta ( cause for good reasons). I believe they should add more Nintendo characters to it then ever for the next roster.

On the off-chance they notice indie game developers and that Toby's willing to have it happen, maybe an Undertale character considering how wildly popular it's gotten in the past few months? If I had to guess who, it'd probably make the most sense to be Undyne considering how fighting-oriented her attitude is, but there are no wrong choices... (hint: mettaton)

That's just my opinion though.

But Mettaton would be a riot to see in a fighter, memorizing people with his dance moves, but for the next Smash, we need more reps for underreped series, like Metroid, I'm sure there's someone who's important enough to add as a char from that series besides Ridley, but I still think he deserves to be playable, poor Ridley fans.

I'm late but don't you think his is RIDICULOUS to make a topic about the next games roster?

I read somewhere (its just fan speculations) That Smash Wii U will be ported to Nintendo NX, as a Ultimate Edition or so, with all DLC's. Of course this is just something someone said, no facts or truths.

1 hour ago, Ryon said:

I'm late but don't you think this is RIDICULOUS to make a topic about the next games roster?

I know its seems crazy for me to do something like this Ryon, but As i stated in the first post everyone can speculate base off the current roster, in other words you can put additional characters to it if any of you believe no one in the roster will be cut out. [which is the reason I made this topic in 'Random Chatter' tread because it not official yet if another SSB is possible until the next Nintendo system NX comes around] :-P

1 hour ago, Ryon said:

I read somewhere (its just fan speculations) That Smash Wii U will be ported to Nintendo NX, as a Ultimate Edition or so, with all DLC's. Of course this is just something someone said, no facts or truths.

Yeah that could also happen as well Boss. that would be Awesome if Nintendo can pull it off. :goodmood:

11 hours ago, Mettaton said:

On the off-chance they notice indie game developers and that Toby's willing to have it happen, maybe an Undertale character considering how wildly popular it's gotten in the past few months? If I had to guess who, it'd probably make the most sense to be Undyne considering how fighting-oriented her attitude is, but there are no wrong choices... (hint: mettaton)

Knowing Sakurai, if anyone from undertale becomes playable, then it's the main protagonist, which is neither you and Undyne, nor me and Sans.

But knowing Sakurai, if any indie game gets representation, then it HAS to be Cave Story, the father of all indie games.

On 12/23/2015 at 3:23 PM, Mettaton said:

21 hours ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Knowing Sakurai, if anyone from undertale becomes playable, then it's the main protagonist, which is neither you and Undyne, nor me and Sans.

But knowing Sakurai, if any indie game gets representation, then it HAS to be Cave Story, the father of all indie games.

That sounds awesome! however I can see Frisk (Male/Female) as being more likely the playable character then the others (Undyne, Sans, Papyrus, etc) if that comes possible. The other characters from 'Undertale' will more likely be Assist trophys.  :goodmood:

[topic bump]

On 12/23/2015 at 3:31 PM, SSBK65 said:

but for the next Smash, we need more reps for underreped series, like Metroid, I'm sure there's someone who's important enough to add as a char from that series besides Ridley, but I still think he deserves to be playable, poor Ridley fans.

The only other character i can see playable from Metroid series would be Dark Samus. Ridley would be cool but still think he be a stage hazard or Assist.

Dark Samus may sound clonish to alot of people but as a fighter It can do some moves that the regular Samus won't do in smash:

1. Ice beam (like Samus's Neutral special but only happens when you charged the move fully to unleash it also can freeze your opponents)

2. Hyper dash (Like Fox's Illusion except if the opponent is near Dark Samus when it starts-up can cause a smash effect which can Knock the opponent upward)

3. Power-Bomb (this can be Dark Samus's Final Smash where the explosion can take up 3/4 of the stage and cause massive damage to anyone who is caught in it)

On 12/24/2015 at 8:36 PM, Ryon said:

I'm late but don't you think his is RIDICULOUS to make a topic about the next games roster?

You know DAMN WELL Smash is like Sonic and Link. People lose their damn minds and common sense over it.

I already call FNAF, Happy Wheels rip-off (maybe wiiu guy with bicycle helmet and son), and Geometry Dash to pop up. Too much money to gain to not nab those. If those dont show up, its legal cash deal issues.

If only Smash had fatalities and was more like this....=

I dont think Kung Fu Kenji has ever been so bad ass.

6 minutes ago, Ink Renegade W' said:

While on the topic of indie games, Sash Lilac or Carol Tea would possibly make the most sense to me.

Yeah they would, doe I still say Shantae would make the better cut considering if you play all her games (including the the first on GBC) she has alot moves as well she can do transformations of animals and mystic creatures and be a semi-sword fighter. Of course her dancing will be her taunt and victory poses.

45 minutes ago, Captain Papyrus said:

How? They are way too fresh right now, and who knows how relevant they will be at the time the next Smash Bros game gets revealed.

You can say the same goes with Corrin from FE: IF/Fates. No one didn't expect them to be in SSB4 but he/she got in considering they are fresh and New to the FE series. :-P

Just now, Captain Papyrus said:

Well, to be honest, Fire Emblem belongs to Nintendo, unlike Freedom Planet.

Hmm...Good point.

FE series been around since Famicom/NES so its always going to represent as part of Nintendo history which could also means another character from that series will be added to the new roster if possible.

1 minute ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Very possible.

Basically, every Smash veteran with his/her/its debut on the NES is pretty much a given as well.

Especially Ice Climbers. If it wouldn't have been for the 3DS, then the Ice Climbers would have been in Smash 4 as well.

Yeah, I still think the Ice climbers would had made it in SSB4 if they were made solo or Duo-style like Duck-hunt at least. but sometimes stuff has its limits.... :-P

Spoiler

no_more_nana_by_yoshiman1118-d9liszv.png

Poor Nana...

Okay, time for something unpopular. As you remember my predictions, here are once again the veteran from the first Smash up to the latest Smash that will definitely return, no matter what:

On 21.12.2015 at 9:46 AM, Captain Papyrus said:

Since a more fitting thread exists now, I will not repost my predictions regarding returning veterans and elaborate on it some more.

Will definitely return:

*the original 12 [Smash 64]

*Peach, Bowser, Falco, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch [Melee]

*Wario, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Lucario, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Pit, R.O.B., Sonic [Brawl]

*Rosalina & Luma, Corrin, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Little Mac, Villager, Duck Hunt, Greninja, Palutena, Dark Pit [Smash 4]

Remember how I said that Dark Pit will definitely return? Well, that was not a joke.

I do think that Dark Pit will return, and not as an alternate costume for Pit, but as his own character slot, once again as a clone of Pit (but probably reaching semi-clone status this time).

And you know why? It's pretty easy: Remember how all those Sonic fans create their own Original The Character Do Not Steal? Well, Dark Pit is Sakurai's Original Character, and it really looks like that Sakurai is very VERY proud of him, so he definitely is going to stick around in Smash. Mark my words on that.

Palutena will definitely return as well, but she will return due to her being Sakurai's waifu for laifu. Originating from the NES original and playing a big role there also certainly helps her.

26 minutes ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Okay, time for something unpopular. As you remember my predictions, here are once again the veteran from the first Smash up to the latest Smash that will definitely return, no matter what:

Remember how I said that Dark Pit will definitely return? Well, that was not a joke.

I do think that Dark Pit will return, and not as an alternate costume for Pit, but as his own character slot, once again as a clone of Pit (but probably reaching semi-clone status this time).

And you know why? It's pretty easy: Remember how all those Sonic fans create their own Original The Character Do Not Steal? Well, Dark Pit is Sakurai's Original Character, and it really looks like that Sakurai is very VERY proud of him, so he definitely is going to stick around in Smash. Mark my words on that.

Palutena will definitely return as well, but she will return due to her being Sakurai's waifu for laifu. Originating from the NES original and playing a big role there also certainly helps her.

Well of course Palutena will comeback Pit needs someone to guide him when fighting different characters. Dark pit still can be a keeper hopefully he can do acouple different special moves then Pit. Also (If the last DLC update on SSB4 confirms this) I want Palutiena guidance to have info on the DLC characters (Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, etc..) because personally i think developers got lazy on that point considering these characters are Paid-for to be in the game they could had at least made some thing special to for that like this vid:

(Note: this is Fan-made)

1 minute ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Don't worry, maybe all DLCs will finally gain guidances with the final Smash update, since the Bayonetta reveal did had new lines for Pit, Palutena and Dark Pit specifically used for the trailer.

Well I hope that would be the case.. :-P

Anyways speaking of Kid Icarus series I know their is a good chance for Viridi (goddess of nature) to jump in the next one with no doubts  considering she was voiced in part of Palutena's Guidance intros also had a Mii costume with her staff (even though if was treated as a sword). :goodmood: