Character Roster predictions for SSB (NS port)

Galvatron

2 minutes ago, AxSeeker said:

As usual we're gonna get the same crap like in the previous games. The current main roster but in the style of the new sequel titles from the new system. More stupid clone characters like StarWolf/Roy. And maybe 3-4 new characters only that no one has ever heard of. And a few of the last game's new characters.

Hey, Roy is not a stupid clone character...at least not anymore.

And you are like the 1000th person to incorrectly label Wolf as a Fox clone. Wolf is not a Fox clone just because he happens to have a blaster, a reflector and a landmaster.

1 hour ago, Galvatron said:

...seriously Nintendo Co. need to stop being lazy and do things to make are money worth.. >:-(

This has absolutely nothing to do with lazyness. What if the voice actors weren't avaible anymore, no matter how much money Sakurai's team was willing to pay?

20 minutes ago, Captain Papyrus said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with lazyness. What if the voice actors weren't avaible anymore, no matter how much money Sakurai's team was willing to pay?

Well that could be the case but still.... :-P

25 minutes ago, AxSeeker said:

As usual we're gonna get the same crap like in the previous games. The current main roster but in the style of the new sequel titles from the new system. More stupid clone characters like StarWolf/Roy. And maybe 3-4 new characters only that no one has ever heard of. And a few of the last game's new characters.

I wouldn't say it like that considering Roy Eilwood is more his own character now compare to Marth/Lucina. As for wolf in mind opinion he should get a New final smash and maybe a different down special hopfully it be considered in the next installment.

Also please be aware that SSB aint the only fighting game series known to have 'clone-type' characters [ahem!.... like SF with ryu/ken and other fighter games]

For the record I have have complained in the past also about Street Fighter clones. I let Ryu and Ken go because they both appeared at the same time in their original games but after that we got gouki/akuma, sean, dan hibiki, and some other ones I'm forgetting now that are basically identical. Also charlie is a rip off of guile and there might be more???

• 6 months later...

Disclaimer: The next Nintendo Console is named Switch. NX was a codename just in case. It is also my opinion so dont hate me for MY choices.

Veterans:

-Wolf

-Ivysaur

-Squirtle

Newcomers:

-Waluigi

-Daisy

-Waddle Dee

-Inklings

-Helpers (KSS)

-Highly requested Half-Genie Hero (Ahem...)

-Paper Mario

-Incineroar (Also Z-Move as F.Smash)

Characters that I think should Act as Reskins:

-Lucina (Marth Reskin)

-Dr Mario (Mario Reskin)

Characters that should NOT RETURN:

-Pichu

Characters that need changes:

-Mario (Remove FLUDD, Use Mario Tornado.)

-Peach (I thought it was a good idea not only to throw Turnips, but Shy Guys too.)

-Kirby (I thought his Final Smash would be his Robobot Armor)

-Yoshi (His Up+B is bad)

-Ganondorf (I think his N-Special should be his projectile from OoT and the Warlock Punch should be used as his Side Smash. Also his Sword would make a good Up Smash)

-Greninja (I want unique moveset. And by unique I mean not cloning MEWTWO or LUCARIO)

Thats it!

On 24.12.2016 at 1:52 PM, DLF said:

Disclaimer: The next Nintendo Console is named Switch. NX was a codename just in case. It is also my opinion so dont hate me for MY choices.

Veterans:

-Wolf

-Ivysaur

-Squirtle

Newcomers:

-Waluigi

-Daisy (Me: FUCK NO! SCREW DAISY, SHE'S THE WORSE!!!)

-Waddle Dee

-Inklings

-Helpers (KSS)

-Highly requested Half-Genie Hero (Ahem...)

-Paper Mario

-Incineroar (Also Z-Move as F.Smash) (Me: Tapu Koko seems more likely, as much as I would like to see a proper wrestler in Smash Bros, especially one with the personality of Incineroar)

Characters that I think should Act as Reskins:

-Lucina (Marth Reskin)

-Dr Mario (Mario Reskin) (Me: Heck no, see below why!)

Characters that should NOT RETURN:

-Pichu

Characters that need changes:

-Mario (Remove FLUDD, Use Mario Tornado.) (Me: Heck no. The FLUDD is NOT useless. It's the perfect gimping tool, perfect for a game like Smash unlike the Tornado. Plus, that allows Mario and Dr. Mario to coexist. It's a Kyo & Kusanagi type of deal, so both parties can be happy.)

-Peach (I thought it was a good idea not only to throw Turnips, but Shy Guys too.)

-Kirby (I thought his Final Smash would be his Robobot Armor)

-Yoshi (His Up+B is bad) (No it's not. You just don't know how to use it properly!)

-Ganondorf (I think his N-Special should be his projectile from OoT and the Warlock Punch should be used as his Side Smash. Also his Sword would make a good Up Smash)

-Greninja (I want unique moveset. And by unique I mean not cloning MEWTWO or LUCARIO) (Me: My god, GRENINJA IS NOT A MEWTWO/LUCARIO CLONE! DO YOU EVEN FUCKING PLAY THE SMASH GAMES OR SOMETHING?!)

Thats it!

Had to fix some stuff, because holy shit, is there a SHITLOAD of ignorance found in this post! That, and SCREW DAISY! She's literally the worst Mario character ever created, which is quite fitting, considering she came from one of the worst Mario games ever.

Yes, Super Mario Land is worse than Hotel Mario (but still better than Mario's Time Machine or Mario is Missing, because fuck edutainment games).

P.S.: People, please stop bashing on Hotel Mario just for being a Phillips CD-i game. Hotel Mario is not that bad of a game.

13 minutes ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Had to fix some stuff, because holy shit, is there a SHITLOAD of ignorance found in this post! That, and SCREW DAISY! She's literally the worst Mario character ever created, which is quite fitting, considering she came from one of the worst Mario games ever.

Yes, Super Mario Land is worse than Hotel Mario (but still better than Mario's Time Machine or Mario is Missing, because fuck edutainment games).

P.S.: People, please stop bashing on Hotel Mario just for being a Phillips CD-i game. Hotel Mario is not that bad of a game.

Hey! no need to be to bashful about it.. >:-(  

...that just his opinion even i wish Daisy could be part of the roster however most of us know it very less possible thanks to Rosalina...

...and besides its been (what i heard through the grapevine) confirmed that SSB4 is going to be ported to the Nintendo Switch (NS). which means that the roster is going to be more likely the same but with a few or more  added characters and stages..

On 12/29/2016 at 8:55 AM, Captain Papyrus said:

...okay, I apologize for my Daisy fit there, but my other points still stand, especially since like you said, Smash for Switch is gonna be a simple Smash 4 upgrade, so don't expect any changes to the original characters in terms of moveset, no sir!

Indeed....

and with that said i believe i should go ahead and moved this to "Nintendo" section since its now official that this is going to be ported to the NS...

{edit post/ topic update}

Alright its done....

Also i change the statement on the first post since the character roster will be the same...

I mean I highly doubt that they'll add any extra characters on the Switch version, but I've been wrong about... well literally every prediction about Smash bros. since Megaman was first announced sooooo

I mean I wouldn't mind getting Ice Climbers and Snake again, they were always pretty fun. Also if we could get Shion from the Wonder Boy in Monster World games to drum up some hype for the new game? that would be cool too. And of course like everyone else, I want Shovel Knight and Shantae up in this.

On 1/3/2017 at 10:26 PM, SandCoffeee said:

I mean I highly doubt that they'll add any extra characters on the Switch version, but I've been wrong about... well literally every prediction about Smash bros. since Megaman

yeah.. but i think they going to aleast add a few or more characters more likely veterans  (Ice climbers, and Wolf of course) and add acouple more new faces which im looking at another Nintendo rep ( im expecting maybe a character from Splatoon or a new pokemon from gen7) and maybe another third-party rep (hopefully Shantae or shovel Knight be one of them or could be somebody from Namco/Bandai) .

..... thats pretty much my hunch.. :-P

Im also still hoping they can bring back some stages from SSB- Melee now that be awesome.. :goodmood:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay just a bit more speculations since the NS trailers.  we might see some of these New comers jump in SSB:

Alm (fire emblem gaiden/echoes)

bomberman (Super Bomberman R) {if Konami is cool with this.}

the New hero from Xenoblade series ( Xenoblade chronicles 2)

Inkling(agent 3), Callie(agent 1), or Marie (agent 2) (Splatoon 2) {.......high likely the Inklings} 

...so far that what im predicting but we'll see around the spring-summer time.:goodmood:

16 hours ago, DarkWolf13 said:

I just want Wolf to return. And I hope we get a Gen 7 rep from Pokemon.

thats also a very good chance for it happen...

I say Wolf and Ice climbers will be the next veterans to come back around along with a few (or more) newcomers for the roster..