Most Disappointing Characters?

Ori-Ori

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 5:06 PM, SSBK65 said:

I think she's just fine the Al just needs to be toned down, with all those projectiles she throws at you.

It's not that. she has way too much priority on her attacks, attacks that are way too safe on block and hard to punish, gains power from her supers, way too many defective mechanics (really, a pushblock, MB shield, burst, dodge and roll? pick just one of them Geros) unblockables, a super that coast no power, has long rang and does a lot of damage and other problems I could go on about.    

The more stuff you guys say, the harder she sounds to fight...

Forgot one, Crash Bandicoot by MadOldCrow and V-Nix's one:

I can't tell which one is really the best Crash. Doug's has some decent attacks, good combos, and a power charge. (Saw the A.I. do it, the player can't seem to do it) His A.I. just spams TNT, and his audio is in terrible quality. The Crash dance doesn't even look right. He could use some more specials, too.

About V-Nix's, his playstyle is just odd. Do his sprites come from Crash of the Titans on the GBA? 

In all, I guess I'll stick with Tanicfan's Fake Crash...

11 minutes ago, racer 1 said:

The more stuff you guys say, the harder she sounds to fight...

Forgot one, Crash Bandicoot by MadOldCrow and V-Nix's

I can't tell which one is really the best Crash. Doug's has some decent attacks, good combos, and a power charge. (Saw the A.I. do it, the player can't seem to do it) His A.I. just spams TNT, and his audio is in terrible quality. The Crash dance doesn't even look right. He could use some more specials, too.

About V-Nix's, his playstyle is just odd. Do his sprites come from Crash of the Titans on the GBA? 

In all, I guess I'll stick with Tanicfan's Fake Crash...

Don't forget the lack of damage damping and infinites.  

Are you fighting Mami Tomoe or are you watching her fight your roster and killing everybody? If you become a mugen pro you can learn to beat overpowered characters like her. I have beaten her many times with the two characters in my signature and Petra from Arcana Heart. It took me months to learn the match up though. I took a break from her and fight other characters to get better. When I came back I beat her. I wondered the same thing when I first fight about why does she have almost everything?

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 8:55 PM, Luis said:

Are you fighting Mami Tomoe or are you watching her fight your roster and killing everybody? If you become a mugen pro you can learn to beat overpowered characters like her. I have beaten her many times with the two characters in my signature and Petra from Arcana Heart. It took me months to learn the match up though. I took a break from her and fight other characters to get better. When I came back I beat her. I wondered the same thing when I first fight about why does she have almost everything?

I'm not talking about her AI. am talking about her being overpowered.

As for the 9000 defense options, my best guest is that Geros couldn't decide which one he wanted, so he added all of them.  

• 2 months later...

Neocide's Goku.

This is what it was originally and what it was suppose to look like.

GokuAS.png

But this is what we got instead...

dbz_goku5.gif

That hair is huge and unpleasant to the eye. I had high hopes for this. I'm sure the ultimate battle 22 sprites were the most superior form of DBZ and to have them retouched to higher quality and size would be tops; however I'm dissapointed now with dragonball's mascot getting a makeover treatment where he loses his original perfect design.

:donwan:

-Descolor's chars in general. He has some good adaptations, but in general I hate the system he uses for his chars. Also too overrated

-Most of DBZ chars in general, with the exceptions of Choujin's (and every of his copycats) and Z2 Team's chars. And maybe some of Extreme Butoden chars out there

-Comic book chars, especially from DC. Most of them have good sprites but play like shit, that thing always bother me

-Chuchoryu's chars in general, nothing to say...

On 2/19/2016 at 2:40 PM, Basara-kun said:

-Descolor's chars in general. He has some good adaptations, but in general I hate the system he uses for his chars. Also too overrated

-Most of DBZ chars in general, with the exceptions of Choujin's (and every of his copycats) and Z2 Team's chars. And maybe some of Extreme Butoden chars out there

-Comic book chars, especially from DC. Most of them have good sprites but play like shit, that thing always bother me

-Chuchoryu's chars in general, nothing to say...

I gotta agree with you on the comic chars, I just wish they would find better coders while they sprite. Then maybe there would be better comic characters. And I wish chuch would take more time on his characters instead releasing rushed betas all the time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2016 at 11:34 AM, Basara-kun said:

Yeah, for me Chuchoryu is the same like Kong, Chucho is a good spriter and Kong is a great ripper, but coding chars isn't definitively what they should do in MUGEN

Out of curiosity what is wrong with kong's coding? I played his Magneto and it is brutal in A.I. and is full of surprises and all the moves seem to be there. IMO it's a very good character.

I thought people just hated Kong's characters because of the IMT template but I had no idea it had coding errors? Please elaborate if you could because I have not noticed anything game breaking or any kind of glitch or bugs in his stuff. Maybe I didn't notice something in there?

29 minutes ago, AxSeeker said:

Out of curiosity what is wrong with kong's coding? I played his Magneto and it is brutal in A.I. and is full of surprises and all the moves seem to be there. IMO it's a very good character.

I thought people just hated Kong's characters because of the IMT template but I had no idea it had coding errors? Please elaborate if you could because I have not noticed anything game breaking or any kind of glitch or bugs in his stuff. Maybe I didn't notice something in there?

Broken combos and damage, bullshit specials and supers (some of which aren't even MvC2), frame data is nuts, hitboxes, and everyone having a divekick plus divekick infinites... prolly more, but that's all I ca name from the top of my head. 

I personally think if Kong characters we're balanced more, they would be solid. 

I like how Kong added special moves never in MvC2, but in the books, shows and movies. Its like upgrade of the character instead of a clone of the official game. It makes them better versions of who they are supposed to be. Most of them have divekicks too when they drop from the sky on their enemies or whoever, so thats nice he tried to make them closer to who they are supposed to be. But the AI is too much, people need to stop it. The closest I can see to a solid Kong type character is duracelleur, he adds moves not in the original game, but in the source material. Check out his Predator, its just as fast and nasty as in the movies. Oh yeah and Betossj4

2 hours ago, {PRB} TheFclass97 said:

Broken combos and damage, bullshit specials and supers (some of which aren't even MvC2), frame data is nuts, hitboxes, and everyone having a divekick plus divekick infinites... prolly more, but that's all I ca name from the top of my head. 

I personally think if Kong characters we're balanced more, they would be solid. 

Not to mention bouncing around when KO'd to prevent themselves from staying down. Also their Hard.cmd prevents them from dying period because a move that would potentially KO them adds more life. I've seen it in ALL his MvC2 chars.

7 minutes ago, DarkWolf13 said:

Not to mention bouncing around when KO'd to prevent themselves from staying down. Also their Hard.cmd prevents them from dying period because a move that would potentially KO them adds more life. I've seen it in ALL his MvC2 chars.

*Remembers fighting a Colossus in a compilation with that* Oh, crap, that was one of Kong's famous characters? I hate fighting that one, he is possible to defeat, though. He's real poorly made, too, he just keeps slamming himself into the ground...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

HCL's Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Link.

I had HUGE hope for his Kirby. I was hoping it would blow the others out of the water, a SNS styled Kirby would even be enough for that. Man, his Kirby rivals Crow's in terms of lack of quality, if not much worse. Link was extremely underpowered, has awful, sluggish specials and can barely combo. And he's nearly mute, staying accurate I guess. DK could barely combo too, but he's the best of the three mentioned easily, but still inferior to the others I tried.

Only others of his I tried were Mario, Luigi, and Wario, but all I can say about them is that I dislike, but understand the need for the slowed down gameplay compared to SNS's originals. They're far better as a whole than those 3, I can only imagine how sloppy the others are since there was no original to edit.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, yeah. Forgot a biggie.

MEGA_X's Toriel. V1 at least because it's the only one I tried.

Seriously, you can't hit her out of most of her hypers or specials. Eerily similar to a certain famous Mario. And a fairly shoto-ish/basic moveset just like said Mario. She's a tiny bit better in that regard though... And she can't roll despite all this effort to be SNK styled and her comboing isn't that smooth. Even Crow's Kirby did KoF style better somehow, he could at least roll. Dunno if V2 fixed any of this but I don't feel like trying that again. Grab spam A.I. is always a bad thing to me, even if I have plenty of characters who can easily circumvent it.

Also, I REALLY don't like that small portrait. Talk about an abysmal choice. Know for a fact V2 changed it though. Seriously, why do so many people struggle to make DECENT portraits that aren't... Ugh nowadays...