Most Disappointing Characters?

Ori-Ori

One char I was dissapointed in was Hokkai-O for one in this 1st match, he looks like a well done char with decent sprites but his moves aren't very amazing, with simple kicks for attacks even his lvl3 special isn't that interesting but he's not a bad char, but compared to the other Nijikaku robots/Gundam characters in moveset potential he's the least interesting. But he's still one of my favorite Mugen chars but I only play as him rarely. Looks cool but has dank moves.

Characters with no AI that I don't plan on using tends to disappoint me.

Gero's Mami: the sprites may be good but she is way too overpowered and she gain power from her supers.

That's one of my favorite characters to fight against. At first I thought she was the most cheap character in my roster but now I can kick her ass. Did you try the one by HAL? It's chibi size though.

That's one of my favorite characters to fight against. At first I thought she was the most cheap character in my roster but now I can kick her ass. Did you try the one by HAL? It's chibi size though.

well in my case the chars that dont have ai sometimes i intent to use them i dont mind putting them (since some of em i manage to made a vid of their gameplay either good/bad)

Is this a topic about bashing other people mugen works because you know you can get in trouble for it, not by me of course i really don't care but just letting you know, Beware 

dude everyone here needs an opinion dont get serious

I know im going to get hated for this, but the Z2 characters. I got so hype for them, but all the shit with the bars having to be filled to do super moves and too many of the moves are too hard to do. And the voices are soooo horrible, they dont sound like the show or even a abridged series, they just sound like fans doing bad impressions

Is this a topic about bashing other people mugen works because you know you can get in trouble for it, not by me of course i really don't care but just letting you know, Beware 

These threads are the same thing and nobody said anything about them. It's ok to have character bashing threads in mugen forums.

"Which Character do You Hate the Most?" http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/11164-which-character-do-you-hate-the-most/

"Characters with no good versions" http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/10741-characters-with-no-good-versions/&page=1

"What do you hate/don't like in a Mugen Char?" http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/9576-what-do-you-hatedont-like-in-a-mugen-char/&page=1

Not interested on HAL's. 

I know im going to get hated for this, but the Z2 characters. I got so hype for them, but all the shit with the bars having to be filled to do super moves and too many of the moves are too hard to do. And the voices are soooo horrible, they dont sound like the show or even a abridged series, they just sound like fans doing bad impressions

I prefer the MugenDream characters myself. Z2 is still fine for me, but the former characters are more mainable.

Every ed, edd n eddy character ever made, anything with good prites and poor gameplay, and plenty of "mvc" style chars...

you can't do quarter circles?

Don't know why I haven't commented on this yet, but...

-D4 Kirby: Most will say this is the best Kirby in Mugen. I'm afraid I'll have to disagree there, he's EXTREMELY tough to play as, and real slow, too, I have tried him on every roster I had, and never managed to figure this Kirby out. I really dislike the swallow ability set switch gimmick, 2 years ago, I played with this Kirby for about 30 minutes, found some awesome Kirby 64 and The Crystal Shards mode, accidentally pressed F4, and could never find it again, EVER, no matter how much I played as him. He makes most of my computers lag too much, too, and I don't like characters who can't airblock.

-MadOldCrow's SpongeBob and Kirby: I understand people like his S. Bob's sprites more than Placemario's, and I really love his attacks, but I just prefer Placemario's more. His Kirby on the other hand... Low quality audio, pretty small moveset compared to others, hard to do hypers, JJBA styled death portrait (Scared me in my earlier Mugen days...), and, how BIG he is, I mean, he's Kirby, he's supposed to be small... And by how out of character he acts, I mean, he seriously has winquotes? Ones where he breaks the 4th wall? I actually like Laxxe's MvC one more, even though how glitchy that one is...

-Cyanide's Kirby: His moveset just isn't big enough for me... Personal tastes, though. Still 2nd 3rd best Kirby in Mugen, behind Bird's and that NES one.

-Warner's Luigi and Great Wario: I really don't like having a separate guard button, you can air recover from the first hit of Luigi Tornado, and his hypers are basically useless due to startup. Love his sprites, though. About his Wario, I don't like his huge height and only two hypers, Wario's supposed to be short and big, not tall and a bit less big.

-Judgespear's Homer: Nowadays, I look back and see how uncreative this Homer is. Plus, his A.I. is really annoying rather than hard, he's completely invincible through the start of Beer Dash Smasher or whatever it's called... And to answer his readme, yes Mr. Plow or a Duff truck would've been waaaaay better than the same old steamroller. Just about every other Warner sprited Homer is cooler.

-Dee Bee Kaw: The only reason I bring him up at all, is because I don't understand any of the jokes in him at all. He just seems more like a clusterfuck of just... stuff, and the only cool attack to me was the EFZ cannon. It is a bit fun watching him fly all around the screen, though.

-Pac-Man by Roy: The only reason I say this, is because, even though he is one of my favorite Pac-Men in Mugen, up there with brucewayne's, and chucho's, I just don't like how close to Smash 4 his moveset is. Don't get me wrong, I like this Pac-Man a lot, just saying. I was real let down by it, but now have come to like it a bit in Smash.

-EugineQ's Peach: Shame he's not as good of a coder as a spriter... She's actually pretty cheap sometimes, and her voicepack stinks...

-kishio's Ronald: Same as Homer basically. Awesome spriting, lackluster everything else. Thank gosh the Japanese community came and blew him completely out of proportion...

-New Daisy: Compared to the old Daisy, she wasn't nearly as cool, I did like her sprite style more, but the old one's 3rd Eye hyper, Sky Pop hyper, and the other Super Mario Land attacks were way cooler, one of the best Mario characters in Mugen.

-Lastly, Super Mario by ShinRyoga and NeoAnkh: I never did like this Mario. I don't know why, it wasn't the A.I. it wasn't the evil winpose, it wasn't the palette modes, I don't know why, I think it was the Super Flame hyper.

That's it, I think.

I agree and disagree with some of the points made here.

Despite maintaining a Kirby MUGEN website, I've yet to find a definitive Kirby, as most are too small. MOC's Kirby's commands are quite difficult to pull off, let alone work, and it plays nothing like KOF (despite the label).

Warner was considered more of a spriter than a coder by many. Warner's Luigi is just an edit of N64Mario's version with bigger sprites. As for Wario, he's one of my MUGEN mains, because I find him easy to use. I do agree that he could use more moves (and maybe an A.I). Also, it's worth it to note that @ndroide is the real one to thank here, as he updated the older version of Wario to what it is today, with Warner putting on more finishing touches.

Homer IS unimaginative. Not to mention that his A.I can barely be called brutal by today's standards.

I find certain moves of DBK's too hard to pull off (the "F***ING PYRON MORPH" being one of them), and he's so combo loose, with the A.I bordering on cheap as a result. Not bad, but- WHO THE F***'S IN MY APARTMENT?!

Pac-Man is enjoyable for me personally.

I agree with Peach.

AMEN for Donald. His hypers are quite cool though. I do think that Sennou-Room did Donald justice with his edit, but I wish that the one KOF XI Oswald reference move replaces one of the level 3s (preferably the QCF QCF P+K).

The Luigi version kinda rendered Super Mario obsolete in my eyes. Not even SM853 or anybody else could save it. IIRC DarkWolf13 and ShinZankuro are editing the character for their fullgames.

You bring up some decent points... But I still like that homer and mario. Mario just has this busted, yet fun combo system with cool tech, gameplay and sprites (like Reu's Evil Ken), and homer is just a poormans Iori (which I have a soft spot for)... Although I do agree with the rest (seriously, thank God for Sennou-rooms version).

I can, but half circles and full circles are not easy for me and take too long. And it's not as fun as quarter circles and DPs. I love SF controls, theyre the most fun

so you just preffer traditional shoto motions? Understandable...

On 2015-12-06 at 6:58 PM, Festive Special W' said:

For me, it was a majority of the KOF XIII conversions. Many don't even have proper aesthetics, and others don't play right.

Allow me to elaborate on certain characters...

Robert: He has two versions out. One (Kashiff Bhatti) is a beta that uses too much stuff from previous KOF games and hasn't been updated for the life of me. The other version (FedeStalker) is more complete and boasts all of his moves, but is sluggish in terms of comboing and has glitchy and improper portraits.

Ryo and Yuri by REJY and Night are in the same category as each other. They do seem to be properly based off the game, but the requirement of adding several KOFXIII system files to my MUGEN is a major turnoff.

Benimaru was just sloppily put together.

Once I can code and the like, I'll make much better conversions (or at least try to).

bad characters have taught me not to set my expectations too high so that way i will be disappointed less.

also pretty much every bad conversion of a character i like disappoints me because i'm like "yay it's a character i like for once" and then it's not really that good.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 7:30 PM, Dizzy said:

YU-TOHARU's Miku

So much potential on those sprites by kabao, but the gameplay itself is where everything about the character is flawed and overly broken. And yes, I'm still hoping for a decent Miku out there to be created.

I know how you feel, Dizzy.

And now that I think about it, Geros' Mami is very similar too Yu's Miku.